8. lis 2014.

Waiting on Wednesday (#16)


You know the story. This is a meme created by Breaking the Spine and every week we pick books we're waiting for. Here are our picks for this week.

Glass' pick

Can you hear Atlantia breathing?

For as long as she can remember, Rio has dreamt of the sand and sky Above—of life beyond her underwater city of Atlantia. But in a single moment, all her plans for the future are thwarted when her twin sister, Bay, makes an unexpected decision, stranding Rio Below. Alone, ripped away from the last person who knew Rio’s true self—and the powerful siren voice she has long hidden—she has nothing left to lose.

Guided by a dangerous and unlikely mentor, Rio formulates a plan that leads to increasingly treacherous questions about her mother’s death, her own destiny, and the complex system constructed to govern the divide between land and sea. Her life and her city depend on Rio to listen to the voices of the past and to speak long-hidden truths.


Expected publication: October 28th, 2014

Tanja's pick

Ares, God of War, is leading the other dying gods into battle. Which is just fine with Athena. She's ready to wage a war of her own, and she's never liked him anyway. If Athena is lucky, the winning gods will have their immortality restored. If not, at least she'll have killed the bloody lot of them, and she and Hermes can die in peace.

Cassandra Weaver is a weapon of fate. The girl who kills gods. But all she wants is for the god she loved and lost to return to life. If she can't have that, then the other gods will burn, starting with his murderer, Aphrodite.

The alliance between Cassandra and Athena is fragile. Cassandra suspects Athena lacks the will to truly kill her own family. And Athena fears that Cassandra's hate will get them ALL killed.

The war takes them across the globe, searching for lost gods, old enemies, and Achilles, the greatest warrior the world has ever seen. As the struggle escalates, Athena and Cassandra must find a way to work together. Because if they can't, fates far worse than death await.


Expected publication: October 14th, 2014

We'd love to see your picks so feel free to link them up.

Until the next time,

21 komentar:

  1. Oh yes I heard great things about these 2!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. ooh I definitely cannot wait for either of these! I've yet to read Antigoddess, but I've been meaning to because Anna was pretty fantastic.

    Great picks, Glass and Tanja! <33

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I still haven't read the first book in this series by Kendare Blake but I love her writing so I hope to catch up to Mortal Gods soon. Great picks ladies :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Yes definitely on the new Blake book! So excited!
    Both great picks today ladies!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Nice picks! I've actually enjoyed a few of both author's past works. Thanks for sharimg!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. both sounds good. Hope you get a chance to read it soon and have a good rest of the week!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Mortal Gods sounds amazing! I'm putting that on my TBR stat. Atlantia is one I'd like to read at some point as well. Great picks this week guys.
    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I don't know either of these. Hope you get to read them soon.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I haven't read Antigoddess yet, but it sounds fabulous and I really liked Kendare Blake's debut.
    I didn't enjoy Aly Condie's previous series much, but I'm looking forward to Atlantia.
    Lovely picks! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I've never read anything by either author. I hope both of you enjoy reading your picks this week.
    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I am interested in both of these. I liked Matched but hated Crossed and I havent' read the finale in that series. I also love Kendare Blake and I am anxious to continue that series.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. I have the first 2 books in Allie Condie's other series on my shelf and Antigoddess, but haven't read them. Seeing new books by these authors reminds me how far behind I am on my reading.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. I'm very curious about Atlantia. I can't wait to see some reviews!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. I've never read anything by Condie, but I haven't had much success with sea creature books. I enjoyed one book of Kendare Blakes, but not the second one. Hope you get to read your choices soon, Glass and Tanja! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. Awesome picks, not sure they are for me..but I have heard good things! Enjoy ladies :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. i own this and i'm curious to start reading it! never read a Condie book though

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. I can't believe I totally forgot about Atlantia! Especially since it's coming out soon, now I'm excited!I I still haven't read the first book in Blake's new series but I really want to. I've enjoyed her other stuff. Great picks!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  18. I'm quite disappointed by the cover change for Blake's novels but am curious to see what you make of Mortal Gods, Tanja. And Glass, your pick has such a pretty cover! I'm definitely drawn in and intrigued by it already. Great picks, ladies!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  19. I've heard great things about Atlantia so far and I can't wait to read it! Mortal Gods does sound like it's up my alley though, although I haven't read or heard too much about Antigoddess which is on my shelves.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  20. I also really want to read Atlantia. I didn't like her Matched series too much and I want to give Ally Condie a second chance :)


    I just wanted to let you know I tagged you in the Sisterhood of the World blog tag! I hope you haven't been tagged before, and let me know when you have your post up so I can check it out!

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/10/sisterhood-of-world-tag.html

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...