21. lis 2014.

Bookish problems #11 - Where to order that book?

Hello ppl. Another day and surprise, surprise another bookish problems post. I'm quite sure that I lost that problems part somewhere in the process but I guess you all pretty much understand that this is basically a discussion post. I have got another discussion today and it's about book ordering. 

So, when you have a resourceful friend like Zemira as your bestie, your life can be really easy. Trust me that girl really knows how to find what you need and how to find it cheap, which is how we like our books, because that usually means we can order one more. Therefore I'll now present you some sites where you can order books, and which I used. Side note I won't mention Amazon here, as really there is no need to. You know more about it then I do, anyway. Also you might notice that there is no Barnes and Noble on the list, but that's because I have never actually used it.

The Book Depository

I won't say much about this one as it's really wildly known. It's really an amazing site (it used to be more amazing but well economy is not our best friend) and what is the most amazing thing about it is that you get free worldwide shipping. Most of my books came from this site and I have never got any of my books lost or really damaged. When I said it was more amazing in the past it's because it used to be a lot cheaper. Now the problem is that pre-order discounts are low and book prices are sometimes really high. But still it offers most of the books you are looking for and it arrives at your doorstep really quick.

AwesomeBooks 

Honestly, I have no idea how familiar are you with this site, but it's actually quite new site which offers you amazing prices for used or new books. They have really great discounts for used books and often you can find HCs for little over $4, and please note that most of the books are in a really good condition. Heck, my Eon seems like new without any damages or missing pages. Even the dust jacket is in prefect condition. PBs usually have that line on their spine but that's normal to appear after reading a book. This site is not without flaw however. Its flaw lays in shipping. Which is not much but still is there. But you all lucky people from the UK still have free shipping and you go and enjoy it.

BetterWorldBooks 

When I said cheap in at the beginning of the post you should understand that it usually means used books. BWB is yet another amazing site which offers you both used and new books, where used books sometimes even have hilarious prices. You can find perfectly preserved books for little money. The price may vary, but you people at the USA get them really cheap. Once again use it!

Now I wonder have you ever used any of these? What are your thoughts about them? Do you have any others to share? If yes, then please do so! 

Best,
*I do not owe any of the pictures and all were taken from the sites. You can find links in the site titles where are sources of the pictures.

Broj komentara: 15:

  1. ah yes I know 2 of them but the shipping is usually expensive for the last one. I'll have to see for the second one. thanks!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I've used The Book Depository especially to fulfill book giveaways because it's a economical way to make a giveaway international. I haven't tried the others. I usually order from B & N if I'm ordering a physical copy, because I'm a member and I get free expedited shipping. I get most (99.8%) of my e-Books from Amazon because I have a Kindle. I'm getting a lot of my audio books through libraries lately for free. I'm using the Overdrive App on my phone to download and it's saving me a ton of money. You can also borrow e-Books, but I haven't done that yet. Great post here! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Thrift books. Sajt je skroz ok, jednom sam poručivao i knjiga je dobra. Jeftine su knjige, a poštarina je minimalna.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. If I'm honest, I usually buy them from Amazon. The occasional book from TBD. But I mostly get them from my local stores as they are really cheap there. But I'm starting to use my library more and more these days, as I have far too many to books as it is! LOL! Great post, Tanja! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Great post! I have never used Book Depository but I really want to since I have heard so many great things about it.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Great post! I love The Book Depository! Unfortunately I can't find everything I want there and some books are really pricey but it ships free to Hungary as well sooo. I saw that Better World Books ships for 3 pounds and I was wondering if it's 3/book or /order? TBD doesn't send books in one pack even if I ordered them together so that made me think. Sorry for the question but I couldn't find this information anywhere. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I didn't know about Awesome books, but I checked it out and it does sound really interesting. The shipping costs are quite cheap, I mean, when I order second hand books from Amazon the shipping is usuallt higher. So, thanks for the discovery! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. The Book Depository is decent when it comes to books but I hate that some of their books take forever to be shipped and delivered. Thankfully, I have Amazon here in the US which makes prices much cheaper and quicker delivery, but TBD is defintely good. I haven't heard of the others, but I should check them out.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I pretty much just use Amazon because I have a Kindle and I rarely read physical copies anymore. I do though occasionaly use ibooks from apple :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I usually buy all my books from Amazon and The Book Depository, because I have a Kindle I love getting my e-books as soon as they're released. And some of the books I've ended up loving I usually need a physical copy afterwards!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I usually buy from Amazon. I have used the Book Depository once, for a book not available in the US. It took a couple of weeks to get here (longer than I'm used to) but I would use them again in the same circumstances.

    I've donated books to Better World Books. They was looking for a place to donate books to when I was cleaning out and I saw one of their collection bins in a parking lot. I made a couple of trips there. I would prefer to donate to a local charity sale rather than a for-profit business, but the ones I know of here only collect in the spring and I was a few months too late.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. I am familiar with TBD only. Mostly because the price of shipping to Bosnia is so high it discourages me instantly.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. This is great to know -- I usually use either TBD (free shipping, though maybe the books cost more!) or Barnes and Noble, because I want to keep actual bookstores in business :)
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. Thanks for the link! I've only mainly used TBD because of their free shipping, but lately, some of the prices have been reaaally ridiculous that even I don't feel like buying them anymore. I don't mind a fixed shipping fee as long as I can get them books cheaper. We'll see how the other sites' prices are at for sending to the Philippines!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. I haven't heard of the latter two, but I know my mother has used Book Depository before. I really want to check it out because internationally free shipping could save me some money that I would've had to spend over at amazon. I can't wait to start comparing prices... Thanks for sharing this post!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...