4. lis 2014.

ARC Review: Of Scars and Stardust by Andrea Hannah

Buy the book at 
Author's 

Expected publication: October 8th, 2014

Book summary:
After her little sister mysteriously vanishes, seventeen-year-old Claire Graham has a choice to make: stay snug in her little corner of Manhattan with her dropout boyfriend, or go back to Ohio to face the hometown tragedy she's been dying to leave behind. 
But the memories of that night still haunt her in the city, and as hard as she tries to forget what her psychiatrist calls her "delusions," Claire can't seem to escape the wolf's eyes or the blood-speckled snow. Delusion or reality, Claire knows she has to hold true to the most important promise she's ever made: to keep Ella safe. She must return to her sleepy hometown in order to find Ella and keep her hallucinations at bay before they strike again. But time is quickly running out, and as Ella's trail grows fainter, the wolves are becoming startlingly real.
Now Claire must deal with her attraction to Grant, the soft-spoken boy from her past that may hold the secret to solving her sister's disappearance, while following the clues that Ella left for only her to find. Through a series of cryptic diary entries, Claire must unlock the keys to Ella's past—and her own—in order to stop another tragedy in the making, while realizing that not all things that are lost are meant to be found.
        After reading the blurb for this story this book promises a really mysterious and rather dark story with a main character that has a lot to deal with and I'm happy to say that it delivers. Not only that, but I found books that are somewhere in between reality and paranormal really interesting and they always turn into a great reads. Of Scars and Stardust did too.

         It all starts in winter, one winter many years ago when Claire witnessed a really shocking moment in her life for which she blames herself. Now, many years and bad decisions later that moment is still hunting her and after her sister mysteriously vanishes it hunts her even more. It's time for her to go back and solve the mystery that's been occupying her thoughts for a very long. Upon coming back she will have to face her past and not only moments and memories, but also people. It's also a small town, that doesn't forget things that fast, and not everyone is willing to help.

          Maybe my favorite part of this story was that it was divided into past and present. It was so good to see what happened that caused Clarie trauma and what was a cause of many sleepless nights in her life. She was a really believable character, with real fears and troubles. It was really easy to go through this story with her and hope that everything will end up without fatal consequences.

         What I found problematic here was only the ending. I really wish it was clarified better. Maybe it was left for us to decide what we want to make out of this, but still sometimes I wish to have answers. Despite that it was a really strong and intriguing story.

Rating: 4 stars. 

Until the next time,
*Note: Copy of this book was kindly provided by the publisher, Flux, via NetGalley. Thank you!

Broj komentara: 10:

  1. Just the title of this book alone intrigues me. I really like the sound of this one, dark and mysterious, and the fact that it's divided in to past and present. I will definitely be on the look out for this one, even though the ending sounds like something that could irritate me.

    Great review! =)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I am super excited to read this one and now am even more intrigued because I need to know what you mean about the ending!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. So glad this delivered! I love a good mystery so I will have to keep this in mind.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Sounds like somewhat of an open ending, then? I like a lot of closure so that would probably bug me a bit too. The rest sounds really good though, which is a relief because I also have it for review :P

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Mysterious and dark? I love those sorts of stories, totally up my alley. Too bad the ending didn't really give you the answers you craved. Great review Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I always love when past and present are mixed mainly when it's well done like that. I didn't know about this one but I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I've actually had my eye on this one for a while and love the idea of it alternating between past and present! Lovely review Tanja! I've got my eyes open for this one!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I think book devided between past and present are interesting! Will look forward to reading this. Although, I do have a love/hate relationships with dark stories. Hmm.. Great review, Tanja! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Ah, your review matched what a lot of people have said! I really want to read this now because after so many positive reviews and such a good premise, it seems like the perfect book for me. :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Wow, this sounds super interesting! I like the whole mystery and winter going around aspect. It makes the mystery more mysterious and winter, more winter-y. I know that doesn't make sense, but still... I like the sound of the characters as well. Let's hope I can read this sometime. Nice review, Tanja!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...