2. sij 2015.

Tanja's Top 10 Books in 2014


Hiya! So the end of the year is near and we have decided to share our favorites for this year. So stay tuned, as Glass will be sharing her favorites tomorrow.

So without further ado here are my 10 ten books 

1. Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews 
People!! This book, this book is full of awesomeness! I have no words for it. I mean the whole series is amazing but this book just blew me away. I'm still speechless about it.

2. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer 

Of course I was going to put the whole series as one pick. So here is the first one. I have read Cinder first at the beginning of the year and then reread it in March. It's so awesome. I cannot wait to read Winter and even though I'll be sad that it's the end, still I'm sure it'll be amazing.

3. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart 
I think that this book made me cry the hardest this year. I loved every single page of it and I'm sure that I will be rereading it soon enough. If you haven't read it, then go! It's a must. Don't read the blurb, just do it.

4. The Grisha by Leigh Bardugo 
Well yes, I'm cheating here, but I'll be nice and just put two series. It's hard enough picking between the books and then picking between books in one series would we really difficult. Alas, this series is I believe perfect for all fantasy lovers, and those who are yet to discover one in themselves.

5. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge 
This year was rich in retellings, but I don't think that any of them was as creative as Cruel Beauty. It is a retelling, but at the same time it's a story for itself. Story full of magic and story beautifully written. 

6. Love and Other Unknown Variables by Shannon Lee Alexander 
This year was mostly about fantasy for me, but still in that sea of fantasy there is another contemporary that will stay on my fave list. Like I said in my review this book is for those who loved TFIOS and those who did not, as Charlie is a narrator you'll grew to love. I did for sure.

7. Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jansen 
Another one like written just for me. Stolen Songbird is exactly what I love in YA fantasy. It has amazing characters, slow building romance and what's more amazing world building. Only downside of this one is that the sequel cannot be here soon enough. 

8. Kiss of Broken Glass by Madeleine Kuderick 
So I often say, I want my contemporaries to be as real as possible and I don't think it gets more real than this one. It and the way it's written are the reason why this one is here today. I really loved it and I think that there is no better way to write a story like this one. 

9. Allegiant by Veronica Roth 
I had different ideas for the end of this series, but I don't think they were as good as the real ending. Now you might be surprised why it's so low on my list, but when you think about it I have read more than 150 books this year and to be #9 it's really a good thing. 

10. Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne
Last, but not least book on my list is Midnight Thief. Another YA fantasy. Yes, don't look that surprised. Another amazing book  for all fantasy lovers and yes those who are yet to become that. I really cannot wait to read the sequel.

So that would be it from me for this year! I hope you enjoyed my posts and I really loved interacting with you all. It was such a pleasure to discuss with you and share amazing books. I really cannot wait to continue in that way in the 2015.

Till then, with love

Broj komentara: 15:

  1. yay some great books I loved as well and some I have to read! Great list and thanks for sharing. Happy new year ladies!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Magic Rises was awesome, I finished it after my top ten was written and gads now I am waiting like the rest of you for the next release! Happy New Year. I am back from my bloggy break feeling renewed and thank you for the comments while I was away. Hope the New Year rocks for you both!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I'm so glad to see the Lunar Chronicles and the Grisha Trilogy. They were on my favorites for sure too. I need to get to Midnight Thief and the Illona Andrews series.
    Happy New Year, Tanja! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. High five for Stolen Songbird~~ I need to read all those other books on your list though. Especially The Lunar Chronicles and the Grisha trilogy since I do own those....need more time haha. Happy 2015 to you and Glass :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. This is a wonderful list! So many of my favorites as well on it. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I loved The Grisha Trilogy and Cruel Beauty too, Tanja! I wasn't a fan of Magic Rises, We Were Liars, Cress, or Stolen Songbird but I know a looot of people adored them and I wish I'd loved those books as you did. Wonderful list, dear, and happy new year! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I really loved We Were Liars as well. I'm currently reading Marissa Meyer's books. I'm about halfway through Scarlet now and loving it. I hope to read/finish Cress soon too, so I can get Fairest and of course Winter.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. We have SO MANY favorites in common: Cinder, Shadow & Bone, Cruel Beauty, Stolen Songbird! However, I did not like We Were Liars and found Allegiant...okay-almost good :P Oh and DNFed Midnight Thief. Seems like our opinions can diverge anyway ahah. Great list though!! <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Love the Lunar Chronicles. They are great books. I really need to read Kiss of Broken Glass and Love and other Unknown Variables. Lovely list Tanja :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I enjoyed Cruel Beauty and of course Kate Daniels is amazing! I still haven't read The Lunar Chronicles. Maybe someday. Great list, Tanja! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. Great mix of books, I can't wait to start Shadow and Bone

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. Ah, you have so many good books are your list and so many that I still need to read! I love the Lunar Chronicles and We Were Liars but I still need to finish the Grisha trilogy, I got stuck halfway through the second. =)

    Hope you have an epic reading year this year!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. Midnight Thieeef! I loved that YA Fantasy, too! Looks like we have a lot more in common, Tanja ;) I love the Lunar Chronicles as well and I'd eat anything Ilona Andrews writes! XD I'm actually beta-reading the sequel to the MT and I'm pretty certain you'll love it as well!!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. Great choices! I just got the Lunar Chronicles for Christmas, so I am looking forward to when I can read those! I am also reading We Were Liars now, and you make me all the more eager to continue ^^ I have heard so many things about Illona Andrews writing, so I need to try some of hers :3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. Ahhh, YES, I am so looking forward to starting the books by Ilona Andrews. I've heard really great things about it :O :O. So cool that you got to binge most of the Lunar Chronicles whereas the rest of us waited year by year :P. I hope Winter meets your expectations -- I'm definitely putting it on my anticipated list this year too :). And ha, I totally cheated on my best books of 2014 video/soon-to-be-blog-post, put a series or two as "one" book. The Grisha trilogy is a great set to recommend to fantasy lovers, I agree. CRUEL BEAUTY was on my favorites as well :D :D. I'm so curious about Stolen Songbird -- it was recc'd by SO many people too :O :O. And now the imprint is gone... will the sequel still get published? I love fantasy so I won't begrudge you putting Midnight Thief too :). Here's to us reading more awesome fantasy series this next year!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...