26. sij 2015.

Chasing the Tide by A. Meredith Walters

Buy the book:
Author's:

My rating: 5 stars

Book summary:

"The powerful continuation of the story that began in Reclaiming the Sand- a tale of love and forgiveness and learning to move on from a past that has come to define you.

Bully and Victim

Friend and Lover

Past and Future

Ellie McCallum and Flynn Hendrick’s story was as painful as it was devastating. But they were able to find within each other an unlikely yet beautiful love. Despite the obstacles that tried to keep them apart.

And together they rose out of the ashes of their tragic history.

Now years after their life changing reunion Ellie is back in Wellston, having just graduated from college and ready to start her future with the man who taught her how to love. However, returning to a town that held so much bitterness and anger was the last place she wanted to start over.

But for Flynn, who is now an art professor at the community college and firmly rooted in the place that gave them their beginning, she’d do just about anything.

Yet it’s difficult building a life when you’ve only just learned how to live.
And love, no matter how strong, doesn’t always conquer all.

Ellie and Flynn must learn how far they are willing to go to stay together. Or whether the ghosts of the past will consume them both.

Because finding a happily ever after is harder than it seems. Particularly when you’re fighting against the one thing that could destroy you.

Yourself."

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21914535-chasing-the-tide

 You can read my review for the first book, Reclaiming the Sand, here

       When I read Reclaiming the Sand last year, I managed to surprise even myself. To be honest, that was one of the books I was sure I wouldn't be reading. And then I did. Not only that, but I liked it a lot. It was unlike any new adult novel I had read before. 


       Chasing the Tide picks up where previous book ended - Flynn and Ellie trying to make their relationship work and still following their own, separate dreams. It is a story about facing temptations and problems that life throws your way, fighting for something you believe in and realizing that being a grown-up means that you have to make hard choices and compromises every day. This is not a "happily ever after", "let's ride into the sunset together"  story. It is real. Their relationship is far from easy. Every step is a struggle. Ellie has to give up a lot of things to be with Flynn. She has to face her past all the time. Flynn is trying to find a way to fit in the society, to make an effort for a future he wants to have. 


      Anyone who has read books written by A. Meredith Walters knows that she is not an author who will give you rainbows and butterflies in her novels. If you are not a fan of usual new adult premises, than you seriously need to thing about giving a chance to this author. I promise that you will not regret it.

Happy reading,

Broj komentara: 11:

  1. This books sounds good, I don't really ever read NA, so this might be a good place to start
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. This sounds fabulous! Glad you are enjoying this so much, especially because it is in the NA genre which hasn't been as good as it can be lately.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Oh Glass I'm always looking for NA that breaks the mold, so I'm excited to hear this one is so different. I need to go back and check out the first book, I guess. I do like the sounds of this and the no rainbows and butterflies actually appeals big time! Great review :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. I have never read this author but I do know that you keep appreciating her books. Besides, I'm not one for happily ever afters in any case, so that has me very eager to try this one out. I like it real, so yay there. Nice review, Glass!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Ooh it's great to hear that the sequel was just as brilliant as the first! I've never heard of this series before but I must go check it out xD

    Lovely review Glass <33

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I've heard so much about this author. It sounds so unique for a NA and I'll have to try it out for sure. Beautiful review, Glass!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I didn't think that it was possible to write in the New Adult genre, and still manage to be original. That might sound harsh, but it's true. Anyway, that only makes me want to read Chasing the Tide all the more because the author succeeded where the majority of others have failed. 5 stars indeed!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I haven't read anything from this author before but I'm glad to see you enjoyed this. Lovely review, Glass--thanks for putting this on my radar! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I know you were looking forward to this book so I am glad to see you ended up enjoying the follow up! :D

    I just went and added book 1. THERE. You happy? I actually thought I had added it before after seeing how much you loved it but I guess not :P At least I've remedied *that*.

    Lovely review, Glass! :D

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. It's always good to hear of NA books that are different from all the rest, it's great that you've found a new author to follow!

    Mands @ The Bookish Manicurist

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I'm pretty picky when it comes to new adult, but I think I'll definitely have to give the first book in this series a try! Ellie and Flynn's relationship sounds very real and I'm glad the sequel was just as good as the first book. Great review :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...