23. pro 2014.

Ricochet (Addicted #1.5) by Krista and Becca Ritchie

Buy the Book: 
Author's:

My rating: 5 stars

Book sumary:

"As a sex addict, Lily Calloway must do the impossible. Stay celibate for 90 days.

Cravings and fantasies become her new routine, but while Loren Hale recovers from his alcohol addiction, Lily wonders if he’ll realize what a monster she really is. After all, her sexual compulsions begin to rule her life the longer she stays faithful to him.

Progress. That’s what Lily’s striving for. But by trying to become closer to her family—people who aren’t aware of her addiction—she creates larger obstacles. When she spends time with her youngest sister, she learns more about her than she ever imagined and senses an unsettling connection between Daisy and Ryke Meadows.

With Lily and Lo’s dysfunctional relationship teetering and unbalanced, they will need to find a way to reconnect from miles apart. But the inability to “touch” proves to be one of the hardest tests on their road to recovery. Some love brushes the surface. Some love is deeper than skin.

Lily and Lo have three months to discover just how deep their love really goes."

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22296725-ricochet

     I picked up Ricochet as soon as I finished with Addicted to You - I got so immersed into the lives of these characters, that I  ignored everything else: buddy reads, reviews, friends, boyfriend... And it was worth it!

      First, I would like to point out one thing. Ricochet is a full-length novel that must be read before Addicted for Now, second book in the series. Don't mind that it is something-point-something. This is not a novella that you can skip and not miss out any important details. I know that it was published after second novel, but I don't think I would be able to enjoy reading Addicted series if the authors haven't decided to write these in between stories and build, lets call it a bridge that connects timeline.

      One thing that is different if you compare it with other two books, is that story is equally focused on all characters although it is told from Lily's point of view. We find out more about Ryke and Daisy, but also about Connor and Rose. I was worried in the beginning that it would turn into Gossip Girl fanfiction - they are all rich kids with too much free time - but it did not. Steam level is much higher than in Addicted to You - snippets to Lily's past were cold-shower-worthy. And there are barely any explicit scenes - Krista and Becca Ritchie know  how to write perfect build-up of tension and emotions.

      I became Ryke's fangirl. Most of the readers are all about Connor, but Ryke is such an intriguing character. I cannot wait to find out more about him and Daisy.

      And, it is official - I got addicted! Big thank you to all ladies who chatted with me on Twitter, Instagram and Goodreads - Siiri @ Little Pieces of Imagination, Amy @ Foxy Blogs, Angela @ Feeding My Addiction Book Reviews, Nick @ Nick's Book Blog, Lisa @ Lost in Literature. 

Happy reading, 

Broj komentara: 8:

  1. I love Ryke too! It's hard not to love them all though. I loved the introduction of Ryke and Daisy in this one. You just know something is going to happen. I love how Ryke supported Lily for Lo since Lo was gone. Rose was a great sister too supporting Lily.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Woohoo! I so need to continue this series, I have seen nothing but great things about it. I so happy you are loving it!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. GLASS FINALLY JUMPS THE BANDWAGON! EEEP I'm so excited you loved this one Glass <3 I know what it's like to get caught in the Vortex that is The Addicted Series. Been there, done that. Hopefully you enjoy the rest of the series :) Of course your a Ryke girl ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. It wasn't after 2nd! Idk if GR is lying or not, but it came out in August last year and A4N came out in November :) the new revamped paperbacks came out in May this year so mabe that's why it said that Ricochet was published later? Anyhow, whichever case it is, I'M SO HAPPY YOU LOVED IT!!! I love that Ricochet goes deeper into the side characters and Lily's growth without Lo and shows us Lilo's background too. Ha! I do think that it's a little like GG but I don't mind that at all seeing as I love love looooove GG so much (especially the earlier seasons). RICHARD CONNOR COBALT, GLASS!!!! REMEMBER THAT NAME FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. And thank you for the shoutout! I'm more than happy to talk to you, always, and especially about this magical series :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. RYKE IS MINEEEE! <3 <3 <3
    I secretly love that not many people like his character as much as Connor and Lo because it means I can have him all to myself!! ;) I'm willing to share with you though!
    I'm happy you're having such awesome luck with this series!
    Great review! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. YAY! I am so glad to see that you're loving the series more and more. And honestly, your review is great, but it's Siiri's comments that have me more intrigued! HAHAHA! By the way, I completely agree with you, I like Connor, but for some reason, I was also more attracted to Ryke. He's the mysterious and intriguing type. Well, happy reading, Glass, and lovely review!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. YAY!!!!! I haven't read this one yet, so I only skimmed your review. I do plan to read it ASAP though!! I may read Amour Amour first. I have both though, so I'm hoping to read Amour Amour AND Ricochet in January! :) I'm so happy to see you loved it!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I totally agree that Ricochet is an absolutely essential novel of this series, and I was pleasantly surprised to hear more about the secondary characters as well. Plus not to mention that hot video calling scene ;) Lovely review Glass, so glad to hear you enjoyed it!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...