2. pro 2014.

Movie Review - Mockingjay, Part I

Hello all. This is something new @Ja čitam, a ti? Basically, we've decided to review movies from time to time. You can expect us to review movies that have first been books. We can discuss them and give final verdicts: movie vs book.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part I (2014)

     I have to say that I did not expect much from The Hunger Games movie adaptation because I had been usually disappointed with movies based on my favorite books. I watched them just to see how did they pulled it off. Odds were not in their favor.

      These movies get better with every next installment and that is even more noticeable if you binge watch them like I did. There were a lot of things that only those who had read the book would notice in The Hunger Games. I was disappointed that they didn't manage to capture all emotions and interactions. Catching Fire was much better when it comes to that part (I will never forget that last scene with Cinna), but latest movie was the absolute best. Probably because they decided to make two movies instead of one.

       I almost managed the unimaginable scenario - to make my boyfriend read a book for a change. (No, he does not share my passion. Sometimes it is a bad thing - like now, but in the most cases I don't really mind that because I have this whole world for myself.) He wanted to go to the theater and watch Mockingjay immediately because he couldn't stand the cliffhanger. It was late, so we had to wait until tomorrow.  And do you want to know what happen? My tough, alpha male of the boyfriend sniffed and had "something in his eyes" along all teenage girls who had sat around us. If that is not a good recommendation to watch the movie, I don't know what is?

Book vs. movie? As the true book worm I feel obligated to say book, but truthfully, movie is alamost just as good.

Dear fellow bookworms,
have you watched Mockingjay? Share your thoughts with us.


Broj komentara: 15:

  1. I liked this movie a lot. I did think that it was much slower then the other two movies but still enjoyable. I hate that we have to wait an entire year for the next movie... it's like book series. I've been waiting to read series until all the books are out. Can't totally do that with movies.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. This was my least favorite book of the three but I am so excited so far, everyone is loving it!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I agree with you! I was watching The Hunger Games (as it was on TV) right before Mockingjay, and the difference is insane! I wish I had watched Catching Fire too, but I plan to before I see Mockingjay again (which I will ASAP!). I think you are really spot on about the movie being at least as good as the book. Especially because the first half of the book is probably the weakest part of the series, and the movie was very, very good. The last movie is seriously going to destroy us, isn't it?

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. It's nice to see it was good. I need to watch movie #2... I'm a little late.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I haven't yet watched this installment, but I've heard nothing but amazing things about it, Glass. I'm so happy to hear you loved it as well. It sounds like the movie really lived up to your expectations.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I may have to haul my hubby to the theater for this one. I've been pretty satisfied with the movies and I love that I can share something like this with my husband. He's not a reader either so having a movie that is from a book (well books) that I loved works well. I know that there were some things he didn't always catch that I would be sure to point out because they were so important from the book.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Glad to hear that Mockinjay is good. I liked the book even though a lot of people didn't I think so far the movies have been good and I have been pleased.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. That is awesome, the hubs watches them with me, I need to see the second movie, I was sick around its release and time slipped away from me

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I have watched it and loved it, but nervous about the next part because I hated some of the things that happened in second half of book

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. To be entirely honest, I wasn't all that keen on watching Mockingjay: Part 1 in the theater because it hadn't been receiving that many great reviews, but I'm so impressed that it turned out to be so good for both you and your boyfriend! I agree, most of the time book-to-movie adaptations turn out to be absolute disappointments (with LotR and HP being some rare exceptions), but I've been quite happy with The Hunger Games' movie adaptations -- especially Catching Fire. It's amazing that you found Mockingjay just as good as the book, though. It must have been really good. :)

    Great review, Glass!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I loved the movie! I feel the need to reread all the books now. It has been a while.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. I'm always a bit iffy about adaptations but this movie is getting so much praise! You've made me even more exited to go see it tomorrow :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. YAYY I am so glad your bf really got caught up in the book! I can definitely agree that the movies have gotten way better, and they have made the effort to really convey the complexities of the world and what Katniss and the characters around her are feeling. Glad you guys loved it.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. Aww I love that your boyfriend enjoyed the movie too! You might convert him into a Hunger Games reader yet! :-) So happy to hear you enjoyed this installment. I agree wholeheartedly, this series just gets better and better with each movie. Lovely review Glass!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. I tend to enjoy book to film adaptions, but only because I try and see the book as separate from the movie, otherwise I will compare like crazy! I think the movies of this are great, the first one being the worst but then only getting better. I loved Catching Fire! I have yet to see this, but it sounds awesome and I can't wait <3 I didn't like the book Mockingjay, so I hope they do a better job!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...