4. pro 2014.

Maybe Not (Maybe Someday, #1.5) by Colleen Hoover

Buy the book:
Author's:

My rating: 5 stars

Book summary:

"When Warren has the opportunity to live with a female roommate, he instantly agrees. It could be an exciting change.

Or maybe not.

Especially when that roommate is the cold and seemingly calculating Bridgette. Tensions run high and tempers flare as the two can hardly stand to be in the same room together. But Warren has a theory about Bridgette: anyone who can hate with that much passion should also have the capability to love with that much passion. And he wants to be the one to test this theory.

Will Bridgette find it in herself to warm her heart to Warren and finally learn to love?

Maybe.

Maybe not."

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23587984-maybe-not

 Read my review for Maybe Someday here. 


       First I have to say that I am not usually fan of novellas - almost every single one I've read so far was only there to fill time between book one and book two, or to remind people to buy "original" book. They don't bring anything new or fairly important, I end up cursing myself for even picking them up. This did not happen with this release. 

      Maybe Not is a story about Warren and Bridgette, secondary characters from Maybe Someday. The odd couple. The crazy ones who made us laugh. I am so happy that Colleen Hoover decided to surprise us with their story no matter how short it is. I do wish there were more pages, but this was okay too. Better something than nothing, right? 


"I don't want you to change Bridgette. I'm not in love with who you could be, or who you used to be, or who the world thinks you should be. I'm in love with you. Right now. Just like this."


All the reasons to read Maybe Not



  • That quote above. If you want more, just read it. I highlighted whole thing in the end. 
  • Quick, but satisfying read. Unlike many others novellas, you do not feel as if anything is rushed. This is not continuation of the previous novel trough the perspective of other characters. Timeline is the same like in Maybe Someday, but focus of the story is on completely different events. There are couple of scenes you will recognize, but still it is like you are reading them for the first time. 
  • Warren. Oh my God, Warren! Tanja can we squeeze him into your harem somehow? Do not worry, I will take care of him.  
  • Hotness overload. But seriously! Colleen Hoover, I didn't know you had it in you. You should definitely write steamier scenes more often. I know that some of you (still) aren't comfortable with reading explicit scenes, so consider this as a warning - Maybe Not is most definitely 18+ read. 
  • I walked on the clouds all day. Every once in a while we all need one of those "feel good", happy and fluffy reads.

 
       In the end, other than trying to make you read this, I will share just one more quote with you. If this doesn't work out, than you have cold, cold hart. 


"I press my lips to hers with such delicacy; I want her to feel everything she's ever deserved to feel at the hands of someone else. She deserves to feel beautiful. She deserves to feel important. She deserves to feel cared for. She deserves to feel respected. She deserves to feel like there's at least one other person in this world who accepts her for exactly who she is.
She deserves to know how I feel. because I feel all of those things. And maybe a little more."


Happy reading,





Broj komentara: 16:

  1. I wasn't planning on getting this one yet but darn it, you are making me want to now!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I've still never read a Colleen Hoover book (don't hurt me -- remember we both love Rebecca.) Maybe a novella is a good place to start?
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. That's it, i'm downloading this one tonight. It's decided.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. arrgghh I really really need to try a book by this author, I keep hearing amazing things!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I've yet to read Colleen Hoover as well, but your tempted with the sound of both books! Glad you enjoyed this one and the novella gave the story you've been wanting! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Novellas are tricky for me too Glass, though the most challenging ones for me are not the filler ones, but rather the ones that have vital plot information that makes it necessary to buy them in order to understand the next book. I always feel a little cheated in those cases. Glad this was a well-rounded novella though, and it left you feeling completely satisfied! Love it:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Yay! I am so glad this was a read that made you happy! I don't read too many novellas because I tend to get that rushed feel as well, and it doesn't really add much more in my opinion either. I haven't read a Colleen Hoover book before but I have some on my TBR! Can't wait to get to them because I have only heard positive things :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Oh Glass I have Maybe Someday and actually bought it on release day...would you believe I still haven't read it. I will definitely grab this too..I need to meet this couple

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Colleen Hoover when she is on can blow you away. I wasn't the biggest fan of Ugly Love, but this one sounds more in line with what I like about her. Thanks for the recommendation. Lovely quotes.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Sure thing, love! :) I'll borrow him later on ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed this! Novellas can be hit or miss with me, but this definitely sounds like a hit. I can't wait to read the hotness overload. :-) Lovely review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. Oh man I so need to read this !I have the same problem with novellas which is why I very really pick them up but I find it's different when it's part of a series that I already love. Some are also longer and feel like a full book! I love this author and so need to read this and catch up!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. Woah Warren sounds so incredibly sweet! This reminds me of how amazing Finding Cinderella was. Hoover does everything really well, even if its a novella.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. Okay, I love that quote! I haven't read any of her books but I've heard she's amazing!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. Thanks for clearing the air about this novella; I tend to avoid them for the very reasons you listed. I could use more steam in my life, but I don't have room for a lengthy commitment, so this is the perfect solution!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. I definitely want to read this even though I wasn't a fan of Maybe Someday, I did enjoy Warren and Bridgett. Excellent review, Glass! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...