1. pro 2014.

Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3) by Robin LaFevers

Buy the book:
Author's: 

My rating: 5 stars

Book summary:

"Annith has watched her gifted sisters at the convent come and go, carrying out their dark dealings in the name of St. Mortain, patiently awaiting her own turn to serve Death. But her worst fears are realized when she discovers she is being groomed by the abbess as a Seeress, to be forever sequestered in the rock and stone womb of the convent. Feeling sorely betrayed, Annith decides to strike out on her own.

She has spent her whole life training to be an assassin. Just because the convent has changed its mind doesn't mean she has..."
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20522640-mortal-heart

      One of the biggest surprises for me this year was discovery of absolutely amazing His Fair Assassin trilogy by Robin LaFevers. I am not the biggest fan of fantasy novels and even less of historical setting, but I picked these books up by sheer luck. Best decision ever because stories about Ismae and Sybella have everything that I love - great premise, strong female characters, political intrigue and enough of romance to make everything interesting. 

    I was scared to read Mortal Heart. Previous two books had few similar things when it comes to the story, but still each was original and thrilling to read. My biggest fear about Mortal Heart was just that - will it manage to be fresh, new story or it will turn into repetitive pattern. Once again, I was left speechless. Holy Mortain, what a twist! I did not see that coming. Well, I did guessed in the very end, but even then I wan't completely sure.

    Medieval biker gang and damsel in distress (who doesn't need a prince to save her). I was swooning and laughing so hard because I couldn't stop comparing Balthazaar and his... gang? crew?... how ever you want to call them, with all my favorite fictional biker boys. They are savages, cruel and intimidating, riding big, scary horses and going all "alpha males" in front of Annith. I loved every second of it.

   Nicely wrapped up. I was wondering how will some of the aspects of the trilogy be explained or end (again one of the things that scared me), but I shouldn't have any doubts. I have to keep my mouth shut - spoilers, you know - but I can't wait to see what you will think about the way this book ended.
 
Happy reading,

Broj komentara: 17:

  1. Yay! Wasn't this fantastic? I am so excited you loved it. Did you check out the author's note at the end? Iam excited that we might get a spin off!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Oh great, it's nice that this one was good! I'm always so anxious with ends...

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I still haven't started this series but now that all the books are out I plan of binge reading it one of these days!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Cue happy dance! I'm over the moon that Robin LaFevers' wrapped up this trilogy so well. I was so worried that this last book was going to fall short, so you have no idea how happy I am to read your review. You've put all of my doubts to rest. Thank you!!!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. This entire series was pretty much perfection for me. In fact, I rate His Fair Assassin just under Harry Potter in terms of awesome. I really loved Mortal Heart and think it was a fitting end to the series. Of course, if the Author ever wanted to dive back into the world I'd be totally OK with that. Glad you enjoyed this one as well!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I have about ten pages left in the book but I can't bring myself to finish it. I love it and I don't want it to end lol.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I'm so happy to hear that the last book in this series was not only just as unique and wonderful, but did a great job bringing closure to the series. I'm going to have to binge read this series one day soon. Glad you enjoyed Mortal Heart, Glass! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I am so happy you loved this one as much as I did, Glass. R.L LaFevers is such an awesome author. I'm impressed by how much she makes cheer on her characters and swoon at her boys! :) Lovely review! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I liked this one as well, but it didn't quite compare to Dark Triumph. Still a brilliant series that I am sad to see end.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I skimmed, I picked it up on release day and plan to read it later this month. I think the series is brilliant

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I can't believe how long I'm taking to start this book. I can't wait though.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. Oh, I'm so excited to read this series now! I just found book 1 at the used bookstore recently.

    Terri M.
    Second Run Reviews

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. awwww.. I am so glad to see you ended up enjoying the series, Glass in spite of your own doubts. I feel a little nostagic for you because now a beloved series has come to an end. :/

    I've only read the first book in the series and loved it to bits and pieces but I don't know when if at all I am going to continue seeing that I can be ridiculously picky about series. bleh :P

    Lovely review, hon <3

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. Glad to see you enjoyed this one, Glass! I know a handful of readers who weren't impressed at all so I'm thrilled that isn't the case with you. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. Yay! So happy to hear you enjoyed this one Glass! I am such a huge fan of this series and am so glad she didn't get too formulaic, and each book feels like it's own adventure. :-) Lovely review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. I have never read this series and I recently got this book approved on net-galley. I figure it's the perfect excuse to get into a brand-new trilogy. So I went over to Amazon and bought books one and two. I also did the same for the mortal instruments series. I've only read the first book and part of the second book in that series too.
    I'm glad I saw this review because it makes me happy that I decided to take the plunge and start the series very soon. I cannot wait to see what you thought of the Mockingjay movie. I'm going to watch it tonight. Have a great weekend

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. Yay, so happy to hear you enjoyed this! I only skimmed your review, because I'm waiting for when I have time to power through the whole book, because I know I won't want to put it down, haha.
    Thanks for the review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...