4. ruj 2014.

(Mini Review) White Hot by Sandra Brown

Buy the book: 
Author's:

My rating. 4 stars

Book summary:

"When she hears that her younger brother Danny has committed suicide, Sayre Lynch relents from her vow never to return to Destiny, her small Louisiana home town. She soon finds herself drawn into the web cast by her controlling and tyrannical father, the man who owns the town's sole industry. But underneath his rigid control, trouble is brewing. Old hatreds foster plans for revenge, past crimes resurface, and a maverick deputy sheriff determines that Danny's death was not suicide."

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/710826.White_Hot?from_search=true

     My first Sandra Brown novel was a perfect experience. Thanks to Linda Howard, I started to read more suspense novels and it is slowly pushing down other genres on my favorite list.

      White Hot is a story about small town people, mystery and corruption that will keep you wondering what happened and who is a bad guy until the very end. It is a bit longer novel, but every page would be worth your time. Other than the great story, main thing why I enjoyed it this much are characters. Adults who are actually acting like the adults and not kids with hormone issues.
It is funny how after reading for years, you can notice if the book was written over ten years ago or even more. I guess that even writers are following current trends so they are offering to thir readers what they want. That is why I thing that not everyone would enjoy White Hot or other similar books, because if you are expecting alpha males and damsels in distress from Kristen Ashley novels, you would be disappointed. But if you want something different, go ahead and read this book.


Happy reading,

Broj komentara: 16:

  1. I've yet to read a Sandra Brown novel myself so perhaps I'll begin with this one--it seems promising! I love myself a small town romance and add mystery to it and I'm sold. Wonderful mini-review, Glass! :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Oh I haven't heard of this one yet. Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. sounds interesting! I do like a good suspense.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Haha I liked how you described the adults actually acting their age lol! Interesting observation about the trends as well, that's so true.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Oh i'm so glad you enjoyed this one! I read a few summers ago and really loved it too! AND I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU on the trends bit! I have noticed it! Lovely review :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Ooh I've heard many things about Sandra Brown but haven't had a chance to read her yet. I do enjoy romantic suspense novels even though they maybe old school every now and then. So glad you enjoyed White Hot Glass! :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. While I thoroughly enjoy the alpha males of Kristen Ashley's novels, it's good to have a variety as too much of one thing can get overwhelming. I often need a break between her books just to come back down to reality for a bit ;-) This sounds like something my mother in law would love, she's a big fan of mysteries/suspense novels!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. The small town and mystery sounds good, and I like the cover

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I like small town mysteries and definitely up for something different. I haven't read this author yet either.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I think I have a book by her or I read a book by her because the name of the author rings a bell. It sounds interesting and different.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I've never read a Sandra Brown novel, but this sounds like something totally different from what I'd normally read, and I'm definitely interested in checking it out since you enjoyed it so much!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. Crime can be such a good genre, and I'm happy that you're growing to really enjoy it! I haven't read much, and don't go out of my way to try many new crime novels at the moment, but it's a genre I certainly like and I think the olde rI get the more I'll continue to enjoy it.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. One of the things I enjoy about reading older books is giggling at the then-current pop culture references, tech etc. I know that it wasn't meant to be funny at the time, but it is now! And, different is always good. Wonderful review! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. I do love mystery/suspense novels and I just got another Sandra Brown novel (Mean Streak) because of that. I like variety, so I don't always need an alpha male in my story. Actually mystery/suspense was obsession with reading. Great review, Glass! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. Ooh I love a good mystery, suspense or thriller novel! I am glad you are enjoying them yourself now as well! I have never read a Sandra Brown, but this sounds promising. I understand what you mean about finally getting an adult book where the adults are actually... adults! I think this should be done more often. I read a few books that are more closely related to the classic style of before, hence them being longer, but they are sometimes more interesting than the mass of dystopian books you get. Although mini, this was nice to read ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. "Adults who are actually acting like the adults and not kids with hormone issues." You nailed the entire review with this single line, Glass. This sounds like such an interesting read and something that I would definitely like, if only it were shorter. But if you're saying that every page is worth it, well then, I'll try it for sure. Great review!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...