22. svi 2015.

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

Buy the book at 
Author's 

Book summary:
Jude and her twin brother, Noah, are incredibly close. At thirteen, isolated Noah draws constantly and is falling in love with the charismatic boy next door, while daredevil Jude cliff-dives and wears red-red lipstick and does the talking for both of them. But three years later, Jude and Noah are barely speaking. Something has happened to wreck the twins in different and dramatic ways . . . until Jude meets a cocky, broken, beautiful boy, as well as someone else—an even more unpredictable new force in her life. The early years are Noah's story to tell. The later years are Jude's. What the twins don't realize is that they each have only half the story, and if they could just find their way back to one another, they’d have a chance to remake their world.
This radiant novel from the acclaimed, award-winning author of The Sky Is Everywhere will leave you breathless and teary and laughing—often all at once.
         For me, personally the second book you write might me the hardest one. In case of Jandy Nelson we can say that The Sky Is Everywhere left pretty big shoes to be filled. It could be tricky, but now after reading I'll Give You the Sun I believe that there are no shoes big enough that Jandy cannot fill.

        There are books that you simply cannot just read without stopping every now and then to bookmark or highlight something. I'll Give You the Sun is one of those books. It's beautifully written where you just stop and think and cannot believe that someone created that metaphor. It's sublime.

         But this book is also much more than lovely quotes and beautiful writing. This is a story about life, coming of age and finding oneself in this cruel world of ours. It's a story about Noah, who has a dream and enough innocence that you just believe that if you were his age you'd be his friend for sure. It's about Jude, who tells you things differently and opens new doors and new truths for you to see.

        It shifts from past or Noah's to present or Jude's POV. Each twin gets to tell the story and give you details that the other couldn't do. It's not only about them, it's also about art and what it means to the world. We might underestimate art all the time, but it's what makes this world around it. By making art you in a way remake the world. It's your super power. Beware of labels that might be put on this book, as they might and probably are misleading. This is book for everyone to read, as this is story about humanity and life.

         This story also has emotions and feelings that Jandy brings with her. It's something that will probably be part of all her books, which I cannot wait to read.

         If you still aren't sure about this book, here is little something to push you towards it:
Meeting your soul mate is like walking into a house you've been in before - you will recognize the furniture, the pictures on the wall,the books on the shelves, the contents of drawers: You could find your way around in the dark if you had to.
Rating: 5 stars.

Remake the world,

Broj komentara: 7:

  1. Your review really shows how much you loved this! I have yet to try this author but it sounds like I really need to change that.
    Nicely done Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. This was such a beautiful and inspiring story, wasn't it Tanja? I absolutely adored it, so I'm glad to hear you did too. Noah and Jude's story is one that will stick with you for a long time. Thank you for sharing and, as always, absolutely wonderful review! ♥

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. This was such a great book and I feel like all the great reviews in the world still manage to not quite do it justice, it's just THAT amazing. I haven't actually read The Sky Is Everything yet because I loved I'll Give You The Sun so so much and I'm not sure I'm prepared for all the feelings I get from her books yet. But I feel the same way about this author and I too can't wait to read more from her.

    I'm so happy to hear you loved this one too, Tanja! Great review(as always). ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. This sounds like a wonderful read and it is definitely one I hope to make time for some day. Lovely review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I'm so glad you enjoyed this, Tanja! I loooved it and the quote you picked perfectly exemplifies why this is such a phenomenal novel. I mean, the romance just blew me away and the sibling relationship at the heart of this novel--and the way it's told with alternating time lines!--was just so, so well-done. I can't wait for her next book! :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Oh my god! I was hoping for this author to write another book! And I didn't even know! Your review is lovely and beautiful. I cannot wait to read this book! I am so excited about it! <3 xoxo

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I kind of had a feeling that you would eventually end up reading and liking this book the minute I had heard of it. And I'm happy to know that I was right! I should read this too. Nice review!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...