29. svi 2015.

A Court of Trons and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

Buy the book at
Author's

Book summary:
When nineteen-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin—one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world.
As she dwells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she's been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae. But an ancient, wicked shadow grows over the faerie lands, and Feyre must find a way to stop it . . . or doom Tamlin—and his world—forever.
Perfect for fans of Kristin Cashore and George R. R. Martin, this first book in a sexy and action-packed new series is impossible to put down!
          If I am to speak about the most anticipated books of this year for me, this one would be really high on my list. My love for Throne of Glass is really strong and everything new from Sarah will always go instantly to my wishlist. While I cannot say that this is now my favorite Sarah's series, still it has potential to become so.

          Once again I was in another world, which amazed me. This time we went to another fairy world, where as usual things were complicated. It's a really rich world in detail and once again it managed to combine what we knew of our world with something new and magical. Besides its world, this book also introduced some interesting creatures and powers I knew nothing about. As always, I was willing to learn more. With that there was romance that turned me into my teen self, giggling and swooning page after page. Good guys in disguise will be end of me.

          While the setting amazed me and it's something I cannot wait to return to I cannot say the same for the characters. Well, at least not for Feyre. She just didn't have that vibe around her that I wanted to love. It annoyed me that she became perfect in anything she did. It did work for Caleana after her years of practice and most of the needs provided. But Feyre not that much. Luckily, as the story progressed she started to fail and got easier to grasp in a way.

         Lastly, let's hope that by adding Rhys to the pot this is not going where I think it's going. Please sequel, prove me wrong.

Rating: 4 stars.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 12:

  1. So happy this worked for you. I was so surprised by all the less than stellar reviews I have seen for this. I haven't read it yet but I really want to so I'm encouraged that you liked it so much.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I hope I enjoy this too - I should be getting it for audio review soon :) I'm nervous that the MC might just be another incarnation of Celaena. I love Celaena, but I'm ready for something new and different. Fingers crossed - I'm also nervous about where you're afraid book 2 is headed.... Great review, can't wait to read this!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Oh I can't wait to read this one Tanja. I have to say that I'm holding out a little until the hype passes I think. I have adored her previous books so no doubt I will hopefully enjoy this the same. Great review! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. I am reading rather mixed reviews as of late for this. I have the audiobook loaded up and ready to go. I hope that I will enjoy this. At least the romance sounds lovely.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Loved her world building for this one as well and can't wait for the next one

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I haven't had a chance to read any books by this author yet, but I really want to! I'm collecting them on my shelf though.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. This book has been all over the internet the last couple of days and weeks. I am glad you enjoyed it. A new world that manages to enthrall you always emds up being appreciated. Great review, Tanja!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I know a lot of people have loved this one and Maas's other series as well. I should really try one of her books. I might even start here seeing as I love retellings a lot and well, this fits the bill!

    Check out my recent review: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2015/05/enders-game-review.html

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I also liked that Feyre struggled more towards the end, it made it more believable for me. Glad you enjoyed this and look forward to the next one! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. So glad to hear that you loved Rhys and this novel as well! It was totally hot and the fantasy was great, as was the characters. Lovely review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I'm glad you enjoyed the rich worldbuilding in this! I've yet to read her Maas's other series, so I'm excited to catch this one at the beginning. I love fae and retellings and I'm hoping this is a big hit for me.
    Lovely review, Tanja! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. I'm glad you enjoyed this one! I've heard a lot of good things, and a lot of not so good things surrounding the main character, but I've been kind of hesitant to pick this one up for two reasons, I'm worried there's too much romance for me to enjoy it and because of fairies. I've never read a book about fairies that I've liked.

    Still, I love great worldbuilding and I really do want to swoon... Great review, Tanja! =)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...