8. svi 2015.

Bookish Problems #22: Burnouts!

Hello all! Yes we're back with some discussions here. I haven't seen you all in a while so why not spice it up. Besides the reason I wasn't here that much was actually in the title. I kinda of burned out. 

It's been a harsh month for me, in many ways. So the pressure and everything made me just worried and restless. Usually when it happens I run away, I just pick a book and disappear. Only the problem was I couldn't do it this time. Every time I picked the book I was just reading a few pages and then I realized I was still there. My head was still about to blow and I didn't feel any better. Actually I felt worse because I knew that I couldn't enjoy books that I'd enjoy normally and it didn't seem fair. So I stopped!

It worries me that there are problems that books cannot solve. They have always been my sanctuary from everything, but it seems that sometimes you just need to clear your head and go slow.

The point of all that is that I was just curious how you deal with such moments. For me it's just putting all aside and tackling one time after another, slowly and most of all walking. It calms me down.

What do you do? Do you continue reading or just stop like me? Share! Share! 

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 8:

  1. Burnouts are never fun, but yeah, if you can't get into a book, I'd say just take a break and focus on some other things. Just relax and eventually a book will grab you!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. There are times that reading just won't do for me. Honestly, this is usually where I spend more time with family or another hobby or even just do a marathon tv binge with a beloved tv series. It always seems to help.
    I hope you can find something that will help with everything else. ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I stop.... There I have been times that I've read and I've had to DNF it because I couldn't get into it at all. I felt demoralised because of it. I usually watch TV series, like Big Bang Theory that makes me laugh, if anything that's by go to programme when everything just collapses in my life. Then I start to unwind but I have to start reading a romance to kick off my reading again!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. When I continue to read when nothing is working for me, I get very frustrated. I usually switch to watching a television series or movies and then I can usually go back and read again. Sometimes switching genres helps. Great post, Tanja! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Sigh.... I think we all go through those periods of stress and what not in our lives, and reading is my sanctuary as well, but I have found that when my mind is racing, I can't concentrate on my books and there is no point in reading, so yes at that point, it is time to take a step back. Spend time with friends and family and try and laugh. Go for walks and relax, you will get through this period and then your books will hold your interest. One other thing I might recommend is trying a humrous book, those are always easier for me when I am in a funk.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I haven't a major burnout. I have just been sick twice in the last month and that gets me frustrated because I can't stay awake long enough to read more than a couple pages!

    Terri M., the Director
    Second Run Reviews

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Yeah, it's really hard for me to find a place where I can relax without getting up and doing things again. I seem to constantly fill my days with mundane things and when it comes down to it, public transport is the only time I can really sit down and read my book sometimes you know?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Oh, don't you worry, girl! This stuff happens to everyone. It happens with me more often that I like, but then what to do? During these slumps, I just stop reading. I don't read at all, in fear of not giving the book enough attention and hence, not liking it. What I do in any case, to get back to reading aftert slump, is I start off with novellas which help me be on track with my reading goal and even get back to reading slowly but surely. And of course, I do other stuff like cleaning my room or my bookshelf (which again inspires me to read more). That's my distraction and gymming or cooking help me calm down.

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...