23. velj 2015.

Burned by Karen Marie Moning

Buy the book at 
Author's 

Rating: 4 stars

Book summary:
It’s easy to walk away from lies. Power is another thing.
MacKayla Lane would do anything to save the home she loves. A gifted sidhe-seer, she’s already fought and defeated the deadly Sinsar Dubh—an ancient book of terrible evil—yet its hold on her has never been stronger.
When the wall that protected humans from the seductive, insatiable Fae was destroyed on Halloween, long-imprisoned immortals ravaged the planet. Now Dublin is a war zone with factions battling for control. As the city heats up and the ice left by the Hoar Frost King melts, tempers flare, passions run red-hot, and dangerous lines get crossed. 
Seelie and Unseelie vie for power against nine ancient immortals who have governed Dublin for millennia; a rival band of sidhe-seers invades the city, determined to claim it for their own; Mac’s former protégé and best friend, Dani “Mega” O’Malley, is now her fierce enemy; and even more urgent, Highland druid Christian MacKeltar has been captured by the Crimson Hag and is being driven deeper into Unseelie madness with each passing day. The only one Mac can depend on is the powerful, dangerous immortal Jericho Barrons, but even their fiery bond is tested by betrayal.
It’s a world where staying alive is a constant struggle, the line between good and evil gets blurred, and every alliance comes at a price. In an epic battle against dark forces, Mac must decide who she can trust, and what her survival is ultimately worth.


Dani are you OK? Are you OK, Dani? (will you tell us that you're OK)

Tanja: Glass, sorry it was stronger than me. Anyhow as each chapter in this book starts of with some popular lyrics I shall do the same (with some changes, though). But still it sums up the whole book for me. So, if you are ready let's discuss it.
Glass: LOL, it does sum up latest Fever novel - I've been waiting for so long to find out what happened with Dani. But... I thought that Burned would be told from her POV, just like the previous book. Not that I am complaining - I love Mac and I was happy to see what was going on with her. It's just that I had certain expectations. And Burned crushed all of them.
Tanja: Somehow I'm used to that when it come to Moning. She really manages to crush all my expectations ever since book one. But back to the narrator issue, I truly wish she stick to the original plan. Somehow Dani is my girl. I do understand that people have issues with her age, but then again look at Victorian novels and their age. Times change so do norms.
Glass: I completely agree with that. It is sad that she felt a need to indulge to the all negative responses and change original storyline. Burned was exciting, action-packed and fun, I loved it - but still there is that big plot twist (let's call it like that to avoid spoilers). What did you think about that? I am still not sure. It was unexpected (which is good thing), but also I'm disappointed because I'm pretty sure that it is not how the story should have developed judging by Iced.
Tanja: Yes it was certainly unexpected, but then again I have no idea what to think of it. Somehow I like the way she dealt with everything. This is really a good way to make everyone happy. I do appreciate it, but it really just depends how it goes from here. It's pretty much open.
Another thing I think we should warn our ladies about are guys here. I think we need to tell them to stay away (I certainly do, as you and me fighting for the same guy is already enough *wink*)
Glass: Oh my... *dreamy eyes* I want to lock away all of them in our fictional harem, Tanja. All of them! They can be infuriating and rude and damn bossy, but also, they are fierce, protective and loyal. And hot.
One thing that I appreciate when it comes to Karen Marie Moning is how she keeps you on your toes. I love that all options are, as you put it, open - everything is possible and you can't even guess what will happen next.
Tanja: Don't tell me about locking them away, you know me and alpha males. I'm a goner when it comes to them. But yes, that's what Moning is amazing for and which reminds me that once again you and all who love this series should most definitely read Kate Daniles series. I'll just leave it here. Back to Burned, I really have no idea how to either sum up or wrap up this just because I have no idea what's going to happen next. It's as usual, we have to wait and see. But also Moning announced that we can expect Feverborn in October, which frankly made my year!
Glass: Let's just hope that publication date won't be pushed again. And again. And again. We will anxiously waiting to see what will happen with our favorite characters.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 12:

  1. That is probably the worst thing about her books, how the publication dates are so far apart!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I haven't read anything by this author, but a friend of mine really loves her. I liked seeing what you both thought!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I'm quite anxious about this one because the reviews are quite different and well I don't know... I'll surely read it because I loved the books but not for now.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. SO glad you liked this book, girls! It is high time *shields face with keyboard* that I finally read a KMM book. I can already picture Tanja flooding my Twitter feed with demands to read the author's books, and Glass wouldn't mind joining in either, eh? *winks* Awesome review!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I'm thrilled to see that you both enjoyed this one ladies, I was all ready to jump straight into Iced, but the then not so great reviews came out, but I've heard some incredible things about this one and I do need more Barrons soon ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I know this book has received its fair share of negative reviews so I'm glad you ladies enjoyed this installment. I've started it but am getting through it extremely slowly thanks to all the work I have this semester but I am liking it so far and can't wait for the next book to release soon. Wonderful joint-review, ladies! I love these types of reviews so much. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I was disappointed in the whole Dani/ Mac narrator switch as well. I didn't like that we had to go back and visit a bunch of Mac's storylines I was invested in Dani and all her characters after Iced. This one was definitely a bit of a let down.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Oh, I didn't know that her series changed narrators! I read the first book of this series and Mac annoyed me to kingdom come. I'll try it out again if Dani on the way connects to me more.

    Faye at The Social Potato

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I have heard lots of good things about karen

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Sounds interesting guys, I've heard a few of the age concerns in the first book and I don't know how I feel about it. I'm not a big fan of alpha males, so this one probably isn't for me. Thanks for the discussion review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. Another co written review! I have heard so many amazing things about this series, and this review has set me over the edge. I am going to add the first book to my TBR and try it when I can! I think I will like this book :3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. Yes, yes, yes!! I loved Burned, too. But then again I was a huge fan of Iced when so many didn't like it. I want to lock Ryodan up in my harem but I suspect he's too alpha for that and I'd have to go into his harem instead. Lol! Is Feverborn still going up in October? I thought it got pushed back to January or something. I'll have to check again. I'm thrilled you ladies loved this installment! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...