20. kol 2014.

Waiting on Wednesday (#109)


You know the story. This is a meme created by Breaking the Spine and every week we pick books we're waiting for. Here are our picks for this week.

Glass' pick

Jenna Lacombe needs complete control, whether it's in the streets . . . or between the sheets. So when she sets out on a solo road trip to visit her family in New Orleans, she's beyond annoyed that the infuriatingly sexy Jack Oliver wants to hitch a ride with her. Ever since they shared a wild night together last year, he's been trying to strip away her defenses one by one. He claims he's just coming along to keep her safe-but what's notsafe for her is prolonged exposure to the tattooed hottie.

Jack can't get Jenna out from under his skin. She makes him feel alive again after his old life nearly destroyed him-and losing her is not an option. Now Jack's troubles are catching up to him, and he's forced to return to his hometown in Louisiana. But when his secrets put them both in harm's way, Jenna will have to figure out how far she's willing to let love in . . . and how much she already has.


Expected publication: September 2nd, 2014

Tanja's pick

Thyra Winther's seventeen, the Snow Queen, and immortal, but if she can't reassemble a shattered enchanted mirror by her eighteenth birthday she's doomed to spend eternity as a wraith. Armed with magic granted by a ruthless wizard, Thyra schemes to survive with her mind and body intact. Unencumbered by kindness, she kidnaps local boy Kai Thorsen, whose mathematical skills rival her own. Two logical minds, Thyra calculates, are better than one. With time rapidly melting away she needs all the help she can steal. A cruel lie ensnares Kai in her plan, but three missing mirror shards and Kai's childhood friend, Gerda, present more formidable obstacles. Thyra's willing to do anything – venture into uncharted lands, outwit sorcerers, or battle enchanted beasts -- to reconstruct the mirror, yet her most dangerous adversary lies within her breast. Touched by the warmth of a wolf pup's devotion and the fire of a young man's desire, the thawing of Thyra's frozen heart could be her ultimate undoing. 

Expected publication: September 9th, 2014

We'd love to see your picks so feel free to link them up.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 29:

  1. Aw! I kind of like Jack already - "losing her is not an option." I like when guys think like that and pursue girls for love and not just to get in their pants. That sure is going to be an interesting road trip... ^__^

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. He does seem like a nice fella :) Thanks, Adriana :)

      Izbriši
  2. I haven't heard of either of these titles and I'm also not familiar with the authors but both these titles sound incredibly promising and I'm curious to see what you ladies make of these books. Fantastic picks!(:

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I cannot wait to read them either. Thanks, Keertana :)

      Izbriši
  3. These both sound really good! I hope you both enjoy them :)
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Crown of Ice is gorgeous! And it sounds amazing. Magic, enchanted mirrors and wraiths, what's not to like? Right Kind of Wrong isn't really my thing, but Crown of Ice definitely is. Great picks, girls. I just got back from your neck of woods, I had a fabulous vacation. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It truly does and I cannot wait to read it. Thanks, Maja and I'm glad you enjoyed our woods ;)

      Izbriši
  5. Great choices, I just received and eArc for Crown of ice and cant wait to read it and Right kind of wrong sounds okay, I will check it out.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I have got it too and I'll be reading it soon. Thanks, Lea :)

      Izbriši
  6. New to me but sounds good and I hope you get to read it soon.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I must start this Chelsea Fine series asap! Also, I love that cover for Crown of Ice. It looks like an interesting series.
    Great picks, ladies!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I really hope you'll enjoy Fine's books. Thanks, Nick :)

      Izbriši
  8. I really should pick up Chelsea Fine books because they sound my kinda reads. Great picks ladies! :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I love the second cover but I didn't know the first book.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Oooo yes, I can't wait to read both of these! Crown of Ice sounds more right up my alley though, and I love that cover:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. Right Kind of Wrong sounds really good. Crown of Ice sounds interesting. I hope you both enjoy your picks this week!
    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. I haven't read anything by Chelsea Fine in a while. She is always a good read. The Crown of Ice looks great. I love the cover!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll read something by her soon. Thanks, Heidi :)

      Izbriši
  13. OHHH Crown of Ice looks awesome! That cover and synopsis! Great picks!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...