13. kol 2014.

Waiting on Wednesday (#108)



You know the story. This is a meme created by Breaking the Spine and every week we pick books we're waiting for. Here are our picks for this week.

Our pick #1

Long ago, dragons were hunted to near extinction by the Order of St. George, a legendary society of dragon slayers. Hiding in human form and growing their numbers in secret, the dragons of Talon have become strong and cunning, and they're positioned to take over the world with humans none the wiser.

Ember and Dante Hill are the only sister and brother known to dragonkind. Trained to infiltrate society, Ember wants to live the teen experience and enjoy a summer of freedom before taking her destined place in Talon. But destiny is a matter of perspective, and a rogue dragon will soon challenge everything Ember has been taught. As Ember struggles to accept her future, she and her brother are hunted by the Order of St. George.

Soldier Garret Xavier Sebastian has a mission to seek and destroy all dragons, and Talon's newest recruits in particular. But he cannot kill unless he is certain he has found his prey: and nothing is certain about Ember Hill. Faced with Ember's bravery, confidence and all-too-human desires, Garret begins to question everything that the Order has ingrained in him: and what he might be willing to give up to find the truth about dragons.

Expected publication: October 28th, 2014

Our pick #2


In this poignant, realistic, contemporary YA by a state master list star, perfect for fans of Sarah Dessen and Gayle Forman, a young songwriter builds a substitute family with her friends in place of the broken family she grew up with.

A hip high school girl who loves music, writes songs, and is desperate for a ukelele, learns to her shock that her father did not abandon her years ago and has been trying to keep in touch. She begins to investigate him, only to discover that he has a new life with a new family, including the perfect stepdaughter, a girl who Minerva despises.






Expected publication: October 28th 2014

We'd love to see your picks so feel free to link them up.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 25:

  1. awesome picks as always ladies! i'm so sad i didn't get to get a copy of talon at the ala conference. i hope when we read it, we both like it :)

    hope you can stop by my WoW Post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. ALL THE YESES IN THE WORLD for Talon, I am super excited! I got an EARC of that one and I'm really looking forward to it!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Talon is something I'm looking forward to as well. Nice picks, girls!
    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Oh I really really want to try Talon as well!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Talon cant come soon enough and since I am a big fan of Sarah Dessen, Get Happy should be awesome. Great picks :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I can't wait for Talon either! I have no doubt that Julie Kagawa will impress us all! :)
    Get Happy sounds like a lovely story as well. I need to check it out for sure!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. TALON!!!!! I'm a paranormal girl at heart so I absolutely cannot wait for Talon, but I really like the sound of Get Happy too. Love the cover! Fantastic picks this week:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I don't know about the second one but TALON!! I cannot wait to read it. Like everyone here :D I hope you love it!

    Have a fabulous Wednesday!

    Check out my WoW post!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I haven't heard of Get Happy but Talon seems promising. I'm not a fan of the fact that early reviews claim that dragons don't play a large role in the narrative but perhaps the sequels will be more fantasy-oriented. Lovely picks, ladies!(:

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I really want to read Talon too! I mean it's about dragons!! Nice pick :)

    Here's my WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. You two always have such wonderful picks and some I have never seen, I love it!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. I've heard of both the books although admittedly.. neither of them particularly pique at my interest .-.

    I do hope that the two of you adore both! :)

    Happy reading ladies!!!

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. But, but DRAGONS = mind-blown :)) I hope you'll change your mind ;)

      Izbriši
  13. Talon was different than I expected (more paranormal romance than fantasy) but that was just fine with me! Get Happy sounds great -- I love books with music themes!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. I am so excited for this to come out it sounds fantastic! Great pick!
    Here's my WoW http://bookstothetea.blogspot.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. Of curse I am dying to read Talon! I love Kagawa's books :) Great pick!

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. Oh man, those scales on the cover of talon creep me out, but it is well done. Get Happy looks good. It's my first time seeing that one.
    Thanks for sharing, girls!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. Oh both look great, but I am most excited for Talon

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  18. Ooh yes - SO excited for Talon! And Get Happy looks amazing, thanks for introducing me to it!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  19. I've actually never read anything by Julie Kagawa. I know, shame on me. But, I do have the Iron Fey series that I bought to read. Get Happy looks really good. I hope you both enjoy your picks this week!
    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  20. TALON!!!! I am so excited for that book. Julie is so awesome!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  21. Talon -- YES. I've read two of Julie's series so far (Blood of Eden and Call of the Forgotten) and really liked them, so I'm definitely looking forward to her latest. If there's one person who can pull it off, it's her. Fingers crossed it won't be a disappointment, because I haven't been having the best of luck with dragon books so far, haha.

    Get Happy -- Don't think I've heard of this one before, but it sounds interesting. :D I especially like that the MC doesn't seem to be your typical goody-two-shoes kind of person. I'm kind of sick of those, lol.

    Great picks, you two! Hope you get to read these sometime soon. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  22. I am TOTALLY looking forward to Talon as well. It's that kinda book I'd love to read everywhere :)) It has dragons! Who doesn't love dragons! And oh, it's written by Julie Kagawa. 'Nuff said ;)

    Faye at The Social Potato

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  23. Talon sounds amazing! I've loved the books that I've read by her, and dragons are pretty cool. I'm curious about Get Happy, too. I love books that involve music :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...