21. kol 2014.

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

Buy the book at 
Author's 

Book summary:
What price is too high to pay, even for love? When Jace and Clary meet again, Clary is horrified to discover that the demon Lilith’s magic has bound her beloved Jace together with her evil brother Sebastian, and that Jace has become a servant of evil. The Clave is out to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other. As Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Isabelle wheedle and bargain with Seelies, demons, and the merciless Iron Sisters to try to save Jace, Clary plays a dangerous game of her own. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. She’s willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost?
Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.
           Just when you think that there is no way that things will get worse, this series finds its way to kick you in the butt and say "Oh yeah, buddy, there are." I have got a real kick and frankly if there were more than one book left in this series I'd give up.

          So if you have read my review for the City of Fallen Angels you know that things there went pretty bad for me. I was annoyed by both Clary and Jace, and Simon and who not. But it wasn't only that but just the fact that this series has lost its point. This one went the same way and there are few things that gave me headaches.

          One of them was the beginning, as that was completely pointless. Nothing on earth happened and I just continued turning pages and trying to find why we have this book at all. It picks up and there gets to be something at the end, but fist half of the book could be completely deleted and I wouldn't argue with that. Another thing is actually was the light at the end of the tunnel in the previous book for me and that was Alec who by that point was my favorite character in this series - well he annoyed me as well. He was the mature one and chosen one! #grrr

         At the end I finished this book, put it down and picked Clockwork Princess from the self. I read the epilogue and cried my heart out. The last 10 pages of that book made me feel 100x more than the last two books in this series combined.

         I don't have much hope left, but I'm curious to see how things will end with this series. Hopefully I'll find a little spark of light somewhere as that's the only thing I wish for.

Rating: 1 star.

Until the next time,

32 komentara:

  1. I still haven't gotten around to reading this one yet and after reading your review I'm definitely in no hurry to finish the series. I loved the first 3 when I first read them years ago but I can't seem to make myself read the newest ones...oh well!
    Great review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. The first 3 were interesting, but everything after that was just plain stupid. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  2. Blah. I am sorry you are having such a hard time with this series! It really isn't for everyone but the fact that you keep right on reading them really says a lot about your determination! If it were me, I would have given up already. ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I won't give up! That's my mantra with this series xD Thanks, Ali :)

      Izbriši
  3. *pats* I told you.
    I TOLD YOU.
    I actually don't remember not liking Alec but I was SO annoyed with him at times. He was the only mature character in this series but then he decides to be an idiot *rolls eyes*

    I am sorry you didn't enjoy this instalment more, hon :(

    Better luck for book 6 :P

    Great review!! :)

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. YES, YOU TOLD ME!! I mean he is still the best character here, but he behaved like a whiny girl in this one -.- Thanks dear :)

      Izbriši
  4. I haven't read this series yet, but I want to ! (and the covers are so pretty - I know, it's a shallow criterai). Yet now, I'm wary... Thanks for the review !

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It is shallow but let's face it we all go by it :D Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  5. I'm sorry this was not a good book for you, Tanja. I gave up on this series a long time ago and it looks like I was right to do so.
    I hope your next read is stronger!
    Great review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It seems it is, only I cannot give up already. Thanks, Nick :)

      Izbriši
  6. Uh oh! I stopped reading this series after Book 4 (I've been pretending it's a trilogy ever since). I was working up the courage to read Book 5, since I heard from others that it was better. But now I don't want to again!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Good tactic! I should have done the same. Thanks, Megan :)

      Izbriši
  7. I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy this one! I agree that the first half of the series was much better but I still enjoyed this one.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm really glad you enjoyed this one. Thanks, Teresa :)

      Izbriši
  8. I read book one and never went back, I am so sorry this fell apart for you.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I quit this series at book 3, and the more reviews I see for the books that come after that, the more resolved I am that it was the right choice. Sorry, Tanja. Here's hoping you like the last book more than this one ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It was a good decision if you ask me! Thanks, Jessica :)

      Izbriši
  10. I actually NEVER liked Alec... xD I think he's really an annoying drama queen. Basically, I only put up with these books for Isabelle and Simon. Everyone else can disappear for all I care. -_- I still haven't picked up the last book because it is HUGE. So sorry this series is going downhill for you too, Tanja. :(

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Really? xD I never liked Simon xD LOL this is hilarious. I will get to it one day. Thanks, Aimee :)

      Izbriši
  11. Blah, I'm so sorry that this was such a disappointed book for you, dear :( Seems like many others this suffered from that... what you call it? The middle book syndrome? Except far, far worse. It's a sign when half the book could be used as toilet paper because it really doesn't give anything new to the story. *hugs*

    Faye at The Social Potato

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. This is like everything after third book sucks syndrome. I dunno how to put it. Thanks, Faye :)

      Izbriši
  12. Is this book four or five? I never read past five, and have no idea if I will ever pick up the last book, but might eventually just bc I kind of want to know how it ends. Don't blame you at all for your disappintment!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It's book 5 :) I have only 6th left. Thanks, Andrea :)

      Izbriši
  13. Oh no, this is not making me confident in reading on

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Maybe you'll enjoy it much more. Thanks, Brandi :)

      Izbriši
  14. Oh, that bad? I was hoping this would be better than FA but now I'm feeling more okay with dropping this series. That said, I hope you'll have more luck with the last book!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I really don't know what to tell you but for me this was really bad. Thanks, Dea :)

      Izbriši
  15. Aww you really aren't enjoying these are you? :( Well, I guess one series isn't for everyone though. I feel like you won't like the last book - even though I enjoyed the rest of the series I still didn't really like the last book much. So I doubt you will. But there is still hope, so I hope it goes well ^^

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. I'm so sorry to hear this, girl! I've heard nothing but great stuff about this series but I, for one, never really liked the first book as much as the others did. Well, thank heavens it isn't so much of a must-read as it's made out to be. I'm surely skipping this series. Great review, Tanja!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. City Of Lost Souls is full of action, romance, and high stakes. The characters are better than ever, the romance is steamier, and the surprises are even more shocking. Read this one now if you haven't already! I'm very eager for City Of Heavenly fire now. I can't wait to see how things are going to end!

    Marlene
    Top rated SEO Marble Falls

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  18. City Of Lost Souls is full of action, romance, and high stakes. The characters are better than ever, the romance is steamier, and the surprises are even more shocking. Read this one now if you haven't already! I'm very eager for City Of Heavenly fire now. I can't wait to see how things are going to end!

    Marlene
    Yoga Training in Thailand

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...