23. kol 2014.

Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Buy the book at 
Author's 

Book summary:
Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.
After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.
All Katy can do is survive.
Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?
Together, they can face anything.
But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?
And will they even be together?
         My relationship with JLA's books is quite complicated one. With Covenant being one of my favorite series ever and Lux which I enjoyed in the past, all later series and books were quite a miss for me. So I was really afraid to pick this one, but as Opposition came out recently I knew that I had to do this and sooner rather than later.

        I picked Origin with not much expectations and at the end it payed off. It's been a while since I have read Opal and I have forgotten some things about this series, but good thing is that as soon as I started to read this one memories started to come back. I remembered what happened and in what troubles Katy and Daemon were in. I really admired Jennifer for putting a totally new aspect of the story in this one as there was only one book left and including some new things meant more complications that needed to be taken care of later. We'll see how that went but in the meantime this new moment really brought refreshment to this series and it was really intriguing.

         Now only trouble I had with this book was actually Daemon. But main reason for that is me, as I really liked him in the previous books but in the meantime cocky boys started to get on my nerves and let's face it Daemon is definition of cockiness.

         But all in all, JLA has got a lot of things to take care of in the last book and I cannot wait to see how that went.

Rating: 4 stars.

Until the next time,

24 komentara:

  1. I have yet to pick this one up since I read Opal a few months back. I hope I'll be able to enjoy it like you did. Thanks for the review :)

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I haven't got this far yet in the series. I'm up to Opal I think. But I do love this series. After JLA's contemporary, I definitely went onto her paranormal. Its been a good long while since reading a good paranormal series. Lovely review Tanja! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm so happy you're enjoying this series and I really hope you'll get to finish this one soon. Thanks, Em :)

      Izbriši
  3. Gah! I really need to read something by JLA, don't I? I feel like the only person who hasn't read a book by her! But this sounds absolutely wonderful. I love when an author is able to make their books increasingly complex and action-packed, and it sounds like JLA really stepped it up a notch here. It's a shame you didn't like Daemon as much as you would have hoped, but it sounds more of personal preference than anything. Thanks for sharing Tanja, and, as always, BRILLIANT review! <3

    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I think you should give it a try :) Yeah you can always count on JLA to write action-packed book with swoon-worthy guys :) Yeah it's me :) Thanks, Zoe :)

      Izbriši
  4. I am glad you loved it.. and I hope you love Opposition even more since it is, in my opinion, better than Origin. And I just adore Daemon, sure he can be a douche but that is part of his charm :D Great review..

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I am so glad you were happy with the ending of this. I know a ton of people that have a love hate relationship with this author. It seems to be pretty common with her for some reason.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I'm so glad to see you enjoyed this one! I'm on the fence about picking this up and finishing the series but it seems I should just suck it up and see how it ends after sticking with these characters for so long, right? Great review, Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I really hope you'll give it a go. It's really interesting. Thanks, Keertana :)

      Izbriši
  7. I just finished Opposition last night. Whenever you get to it, I hope you enjoy it! Daemon is definitely the definition of cocky, but I do love that guy :) Great review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I cannot wait to read it now. Yeah he is, but it's not my type. Thanks, Janina :)

      Izbriši
  8. I'm so glad you enjoyed this! JLA's paranormal books are amazing and I hope you'll love Opposition as well. Lovely review, Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I read the whole series and absolutely loved it, Origins included. There also is Opposition, a sort of one-time-spin off. Beware if you haven't read it before, Opposition is definitely NOT young adult lol - but I devoured it :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yeah I have heard that and yeah I'm curious about it :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  10. I really need to read something by this author, I always see amazing amazing reviews of her books!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. Yeah, cockiness really starts to grate on my nerves too. I'm glad you liked this one more than you anticipated!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. Too bad Daemon's cockiness fell flat in this book because it would be the main attraction of the series I think! Great review, I know Michelle really enjoyed the last book in the series.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. I'm happy to see this worked for you, Tanja. I was a little worried about picking this up because Katy bugged me so much in the last book. Or maybe it was the one before that. She had some TSTL moments that made me want to scream! Anyhow, I'm like you, I want to finish the series so I need to read this first. Great review! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. I love this series so I'm glad this one worked out for you. Opposition was a good conclusion!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. Oh my my, this is another series I've given up for good. Yes, I know you are a big fan of JLA but the author and I don't really have that strong a bond as her true and loyal readers do. Anyway, I'm so glad you liked Origin and I hope the finale answers all your questions! Awesome review!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...