16. kol 2014.

Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead

Buy the book at 
Author's 

Our rating: 4.5 stars

Book summary:
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.
In The Fiery Heart, Sydney risked everything to follow her gut, walking a dangerous line to keep her feelings hidden from the Alchemists.
Now in the aftermath of an event that ripped their world apart, Sydney and Adrian struggle to pick up the pieces and find their way back to each other. But first, they have to survive.
For Sydney, trapped and surrounded by adversaries, life becomes a daily struggle to hold on to her identity and the memories of those she loves. Meanwhile, Adrian clings to hope in the face of those who tell him Sydney is a lost cause, but the battle proves daunting as old demons and new temptations begin to seize hold of him. . . .
Their worst fears now a chilling reality, Sydney and Adrian face their darkest hour in this heart-pounding fifth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where all bets are off.
Tanja: I still can't believe that there is only one book left in this series. Remember the days when Bloodlines was announced and our happiness.Time really flies. But what makes me really happy is that this series, despite its ups and downs is going into the right direction as I can freely say that for me this was the best book in this series till now.
Glass: I know - times flies so fast. You do remember that I was disappointed with previous book despite Adrian and Sydney finally getting together, but Silver Shadows managed to surprise me. I did not expect much, so maybe that is why I enjoyed reading it.
Tanja: True that. What I really liked her was Sydney. We finally get to see her potential and it was really great to see her change. That girl is now something that I'll cheer for. Adrian on the other hand, deserves a slap or two, but we don't want to ruin that pretty face, do we?
Glass: Oh my God, woman - slapping!? I need to take back my whip before you do some serious damage. We do not slap our Adrian. You need to cuddle with him. I loved how he was portrayed in this sequel - not the usual alpha or a bad boy with his physical strength as advantage. His "superpower" is of a different kind. And Sydney? I completely agree with you. Also, Silver Shadows was a bit darker from previous novels. What do you think about that?
Tanja: Yes it truly was. I never expected Alchemist to go that far. I mean with the idea and everything the presented I was really surprised with how far they are willing to go. It was also great for the story as it had that paranormal feeling here. And for the whip thing, girl you're the boss and you know it.
Also it was really interesting to see some well know characters again here. Our babies are growing up. Did you see that?
Glass: Absolutely. I want to know more about what is happening on the court. I have a feeling like we missed a lot while we were occupied with Adrian, Sydney and rest of the gang. Which brings me to the most important question - "Will there be more spin-off series?" And that ending... Considering that there is only one book left and so many things are yet unexplained, it is hard to imagine that Richelle Mead will manage to untangle this whole mess in last Bloodlines novel.
Tanja: That's yet another thing that I cannot wait to see. I really hope it'll all finish without any loose ends and that she will manage to conclude everything, as I think it's time to say goodbye to this world. But we have to wait and see.
But let's go back to the ending of this book for a moment, as it's actually the only thing that was a bit too much for me. Honestly at one point I expected guys from Cobra 11 to jump out of somewhere. It was funny, but really way too much.
Glass: Hahaha, Cobra 11... I forgot about that show and I used to watch it obsessively. Maybe even Tom Cruise to jump in with his high tech toys.  You are right, it was a bit too much - even for R. Mead. Combining romantic and action scenes into one... I don't know. There is that "big elephant in the room" we are not talking about because it would be a major spoiler, but I did not see that coming. At all.
I am guessing that we all will have to wait and see how will this series end.
Let the countdown until February 2015 begin.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 36:

  1. I really need to get into this series once I finished Vampire Academy
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. So glad you ladies enjoyed this more than the last book! I agree I'm wondering what has been going on at court, and I have a feeling we're going to get more into that in the next book. I hope Lissa realizes how psychotic most Alchemists are, and that she tries to do something about it (though the Moroi have their own problems, so I know she has her hands full). I didn't see the elephant in the room coming either, but I highly enjoyed its arrival! :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes I really cannot wait to see how things end. Also what will Lissa decide. But then again they need Alchemists too. We'll see. Thanks, Lauren :)

      Izbriši
  3. I've yet to begin this spin-off but I'm so glad to see that each novel continues to improve. I plan on giving this a shot once all the books are out--Mead's books are perfect to binge-read!--and I love this discussion-style of reviewing. Fantastic review, ladies!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It really gets better with each book :) Thank you, Keertana :)

      Izbriši
  4. Okay...here's the thing. I haven't read a Richelle Mead book before. *hides* Even though her work has received so many glowing reviews, I always get intimidated when I pick up her book from the library, and end up returning it unread. :/ But your review has definitely convinced me to force myself to read it - because, by the sound of it, it sounds like I'm missing out on A LOT. Thanks for sharing Tanja and Glass and, as always, FABULOUS review! ❤

    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    P.S. Love the dual review too! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. *searches for Zoe with all RM books in her bag* I really hope you'll give them a try. Thank you, girl :))

      Izbriši
  5. haha I loved this!! Time really does fly by. I remember when first books of so many series just came out, yet they're almost done :( Thanks for sharing!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes it's really sad to see things coming to an end here. Thanks, Farah :)

      Izbriši
  6. I skimmed your review because I haven't read Fiery Heart but I'm extremely happy that you girls loved this! I'm probably a minority in this but I like this series way more than VA because... Adrian! I'll definitely buy a copy of FH and SS once I've recovered from my self-inflicted bankruptcy. haha Thanks for sharing!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Really? We we've read VA long time ago so who know what would happen if we read them now. LOL We tend to do that to ourselves. Thanks, Dea :)

      Izbriši
  7. I can't wait to start this series myself! I still need to read the VA series, but I'm only reading that one just so I could start this. Haha. I hope I like it though, but I'm not too troubled :) I did love her Gameboard of the Gods very much!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I really hope you'll get to read VA soon. I need to read GoG though. Thanks, Faye!

      Izbriši
  8. Oh it sounds great! I really need to try to read the second book in the VA series, I'm so late with these ones. Great review ladies!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I really hope you'll continue with it. Thanks, Melliane :)

      Izbriši
  9. I seriously need to start reading this series! It sounds so good ^.^

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I quit this series after The Indigo Spell. I don't think it's the series that's a problem, but me. I've just never been a big Sydney fan, or Adrian really. I'm so glad you two keep enjoying the series and that Silver Shadows was such a good fit for you!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm sad to hear that but Sydney really develops in here. Thanks, Andrea :)

      Izbriši
  11. So many people have recommended me to read this series. I'm a HUGE fan of VA and I haven't really felt I want to read it because its not Dimirtri and Rose, but I know I need to now. Great review ladies! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. You really must read it then!! I really hope you'll soon. Thanks, Emma :)

      Izbriši
  12. I love when you guys do this, so much fun!

    Okay I need to start this series! I can't believe I haven't yet, I suck. :P

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. We shall do it more often. :) I really hope you'll get to it soon ;)

      Izbriši
  13. I still haven't picked up Silver Shadows (I've been lazy!) but now you make me feel bad for being lasy! Hearing that this one may be the best one in the serie makes me want to run out and get it! Great review/comversation!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. Yes it was definitely a lot darker from previous novels, and I didn't expect it to turn out this way either, although it was awesome how they explored the Alchemist reeducation in depth! I wonder if there will be more spin offs too, but we won't really know until the next book. Awesome discussion ladies!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I really liked how they presented Alchemists. I imagined them differently. Thanks, Jeann :)

      Izbriši
  15. I really need to read that series. I love your dual reviews :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. I haven't started this series yet, but you two sure make me want to. Clearly you love it :) And I seem to be missing out on a very good book boyfriend...

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I really hope you'll give it a try. Thanks, Berls :)

      Izbriši
  17. I just finished this book and it was wow!! The Alchemists are turning out to be way scarier than I thought possible and that unexpected thing that happened has me grinning like an idiot haha. I love the appearances of the VA characters and I love how bad ass Sydney has become!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes they are really scary bunch of people. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed it too. Thanks, Eileen :)

      Izbriši
  18. Ah ha! Janhvi and I read buddy read the whole of the Vampire Academy series in the summer of 2013, and we decided to buddy read Bloodlines when all the books in the series will be out. I'm hoping we can do that summer of 2015. Anyway, time really does fly! I remember reading about Bloodlines when I was still stalking book blogs and we hadn't started ours yet. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the slap/ whip you'd both like to do to Adrian. But I agree with Glass. Why ruin the pretty face of someone who's meant to be cuddled with. *wink* I hope the last book of the series gives you what you've been waiting for, but with the way VA ended, I'm not sure if that'll happen. And of course, if there's any hope or promise for another spin-off, well then, it WILL end out of nowhere. All we can do is wait and watch. Awesomesauce review, ladies!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Oh that's a really great plan :) I really cannot wait for you girls to start it and I cannot wait to see what you think of it!! LOL Yeah we don't want to do that to our pretty boy ;)) Thanks you, Sarika :)

      Izbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...