20. ožu 2013.

Waiting on Wednesday (#36)


Hello lovely people. It's another Wednesday and in our calendar it means it's time for another Waiting on Wednesday and you already know it's a meme created by Breaking the Spine. So here are our picks.

Glass' pick

For Abby Renard, the plan was supposed to be simple—join her brothers’ band on the last leg of their summer tour and decide if she’s finally ready for the limelight by becoming its fourth member. Of course, she never imagined stumbling onto the wrong tour bus at Rock Nation would accidentally land her in the bed of Jake Slater, the notorious womanizing lead singer of Runaway Train. When he mistakes her for one of his groupie’s, Abby quickly lets him know she sure as hell isn't in his bed on purpose.

Jake Slater never imagined the angel who fell into his bed would resist his charms by promptly kneeing him in the balls. Of course, the fact she seems like a prissy choir girl makes her anything but his type. So he is more than surprised when after betting Abby she wouldn’t last a week on their tour bus, she is more than willing to prove him wrong. But as Jake’s personal life begins to implode around him, he finds an unlikely ally in Abby. He’s never met a woman he can talk to, joke with, or most importantly make music with.

As the week starts comes to a close, neither Abby nor Jake is ready to let go. Can a sweetheart Country songstress and a bad boy of Rock N Roll actually have a future together?

Expected publication: March 25th, 2013

Tanja's pick


Seventeen-year-old Lauren is having visions of girls who have gone missing. And all these girls have just one thing in common—they are 17 and gone without a trace. As Lauren struggles to shake these waking nightmares, impossible questions demand urgent answers: Why are the girls speaking to Lauren? How can she help them? And… is she next? As Lauren searches for clues, everything begins to unravel, and when a brush with death lands her in the hospital, a shocking truth emerges, changing everything.

With complexity and richness, Nova Ren Suma serves up a beautiful, visual, fresh interpretation of what it means to be lost.





Expected publication: March 21st, 2013

We'd love to see your picks so feel free to link them up in comments.

Until the next time,


34 komentara:

  1. Is it just me, or does the cover of that first book remind you a bit of Simone Elkeles' covers? :) I hope you enjoy both of these books!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. That guy on the cover is Katie Ashley's novel is sexyyy! Love that tattoo on his arm! Probably isn't my sort of read, but I'll happily admire it from afar. ;)

    I really can't wait for 17 & Gone, though! I love Suma's writing and look forward to trying this new book. The reviews so far have been pretty encouraging, too.

    Great picks, ladies!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yeah that sounds like something I'll do too :) I hope we'll get to read them soon :) Thanks Sam :)

      Izbriši
  3. Great picks... I can't wait for 17 & Gone, and Music of the Heart is new to me.


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. 17 & Gone sounds awesome, I love a good mystery! Great picks, ladies!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I already have both books on my to-read list and I can't wait get my hands on it. I love the summaries and I'm really excited about them. Great picks! I hope you enjoy reading them!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Heard so many good things about 17 & Gone, hope it's really as good as people say. Wishing you get your books soon! ;)

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. sounds pretty interesting. thanks for sharing.

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-39.html

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Oh man, Music of the Heart sounds SO SO SO GOOD Glass! I love the premise and that cover is just too sexy to ignore. I need this in my hands immediately. Luckily I don't have to wait very long:) 17 & Gone is on my list too Tanja - love the cover, love the blurb, love everything:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. LOL I bet you both will enjoy some swoon-worthy guy :) Yeah sound really good :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  9. 17 and Up sounds good. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Yesssssssssss. Both of these sound AMAZING.
    New Follower <3!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens [Formerly YA Vixens]
    Vixen's WoW!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. 17 & Gone looks pretty good! :) HOpe you get your hands on your choices! Thanks for stopping by My WW!

    Janina

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. 17 & Gone sounds super interesting. Haven't read anything by either of these authors but I'm definitely willing to give them a try :) thanks for stopping by our blog ;)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope they'll be as good as they sound :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  13. Woah, I love both your picks this week! I've heard of 17 & Gone before and am really curious about the mystery behind the disappearing girls. And Music of the Heart sounds awesome!! This is my first time seeing it and I can't wait to read the interaction between Abby and Jake! The cover doesn't hurt the eyes either ;)

    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yeah the cover is really nice to watch :) I hope you'll get to read them Carmen :)

      Izbriši
  14. Both great picks :) As always ;) I especially want to read 17 & Gone.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. I've heard such good things about 17 & Gone. That sound be an excellent read.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. Both reads are new to me and both look like I would enjoy them.

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. Glass, I'm going to start reading Music of the Heart the day it comes out! It's been on my radar and I'm dying to read it. I love the cover of 17 & Gone, Tanja. Excellent picks ladies. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  18. Hello pretty cover! Music of the Heart sounds amazing. Great picks!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...