21. ožu 2013.

Falling For You by Lisa Schroeder

Buy the book at

Author's 

Book summary: 

Rae's always dreamed of dating a guy like Nathan. He’s nothing like her abusive stepfather—in other words, he’s sweet. But the closer they get, the more Nathan wants of her time, of her love, of her...and the less she wants to give. 


As Rae’s affection for Nathan turns to fear, she leans on her friend Leo for support. With Leo, she feels lighter, happier. And possessive Nathan becomes jealous. 

Then a tragedy lands Rae in the ICU. Now, hovering between life and death, Rae must find the light amid the darkness…and the strength to fight for life and the love she deserves.


        There is no need to mention that I failed big time here. I should as other people first do some reviews for her previous books but well this is something I guess. But firstly I guess that most of you know that other books by Lisa Schroeder are in verse.

        If you are using an excuse "I don't like books/stories written in verse" for not reading her books my friends you will have to change your way of thinking or I'll do it for you. No kidding, but I can be really persuasive and boring when I want to. So after you read this story and enjoy it then pick some other book and experience the real magic. I'll stop blabbing right now.

       Rae is a nice girl who tells us her story here. She lives her life in a broken home. Her father is an a really abusive man and her mother is not someone she can rely on so much. So logically she wants to get away and once when she meets Nathan a guy who is everything but not her father she can't help but to fall for him. Only the first impression is not always the right one. Nathan starts to change and demand more of her - in every way so she doesn't know what to do. She finds help in her friend Leo who makes her forget everything and enjoy her life.

      Well here again don't expect something overly imaginative and new. But the thing is with her writing she can make anything usual to be so much unusual. That's the beauty of it. When I say writing I don't necessary mean this book, even though she is perfectly capable of writing prose as much as in verse. But still I'll be looking forward to her other books written in verse.

Rating: 4 stars.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 20:

  1. I love books in verse, so this is definitely on my list!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Tanja, I was a little disappointed to find out this was not in verse as well. I still want to read it, though. Lisa Schroeder is a great writer. This sounds lovely and I can't wait to meet Leo. He seems like someone that will finally treat Rae right. Great review. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yeah I was too, but it's a really nice a sweet read. You should give it a try :) Thanks Rachel :)

      Izbriši
  3. I actually have never read a book in verse, so the fact that this one isn't despite all her other books being so likely wouldn't be a problem for me. I'm definitely curious, I would like to try one just to see what it's like. Obviously I'll need to start with one of her other books though! I'm glad you still loved this one despite it not being quite what you expected:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. But you must Jenny! :) Please trust me on this one! I hope you'll get to enjoy those stories :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  4. Well, I have not heard of this author before i heard of this book.
    I LOVE books in verse, I think I have read one, but it was really good
    So I think I am sold on this one! Since the author who writes novels in verse will definitely write a good novel in text.
    Your reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yeah you're quite right about it but also the ones in verse are lovely :) Thanks Soma :)

      Izbriši
  5. I have a copy of this that I need to read!

    I have not yet read her other work, or anything in verse really, but I would like to try it someday. :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. You should :) I hope you'll get to read it soon :)

      Izbriši
  6. I've only ever read one novel in verse and I quite liked it, actually. So I have no excuse for not reading one of Schroeder's books. I just love it when gorgeous writing makes even the plainest things seem unusual and beautiful. That sounds exactly like my kind of thing.
    Great review.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yeah I was surprised too. Nope you should to it asap :) I hope you'll enjoy them. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  7. I like novels in verse, but I have to be in the right mood for them. I'm actually not sure if I've read any of Lisa Schroeder's before, but this premise is wow.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Oh you don't have to be in mood to read her books ;) I hope you'll read them soon :)

      Izbriši
  8. I def enjoyed this one as well, but haven't read her other stuff.
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Ah, you've made Lisa's writing sound really beautiful. This book has been on my TBR and I will read it sometime. :)

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It is :) I hope you'll read her books written in verse :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  10. I can't wait to finally read this author's work! Starting with this one! It sounds so adorable and I love stories like this one! I can't wait to pick it up. Glad you really enjoyed this, Tanja!

    Awesome review!

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I can't wait to finally read this author's work! Starting with this one! It sounds so adorable and I love stories like this one! I can't wait to pick it up. Glad you really enjoyed this, Tanja!

    Awesome review!

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...