11. ožu 2013.

The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta


Buy the book at 

Author's 

Book summary:


Award-winning author Melina Marchetta reopens the story of the group of friends from her acclaimed novel Saving Francesca - but five years have passed, and now it’s Thomas Mackee who needs saving. After his favorite uncle was blown to bits on his way to work in a foreign city, Tom watched his family implode. He quit school and turned his back on his music and everyone that mattered, including the girl he can’t forget. Shooting for oblivion, he’s hit rock bottom, forced to live with his single, pregnant aunt, work at the Union pub with his former friends, and reckon with his grieving, alcoholic father. Tom’s in no shape to mend what’s broken. But what if no one else is either? An unflinching look at family, forgiveness, and the fierce inner workings of love and friendship, The Piper’s Son redefines what it means to go home again.


     I have no idea why I'm still try to write reviews for Melina's books. Probably because I know there is few of you still left to read her books. This is me trying to make you do so but really my words can't describe the beauty of these books.

     In case you don't know The Piper's Son is sort of continuing the story from Saving Francesca. You could see my review for the later and find some things about Francesca. But somehow I managed no to mention another character then - Thomas. The boy who is telling us his story in this book. Tomas Mackee is now a grown up boy who as the blurb says needs saving. Some things in the past are now stopping his family to be together and besides that he mast find his love again. Not that he has lost her, she's, well gone. It takes a lot of courage to find balance in life and fight for things he cares the most.

    Some things never change with Melina - one of them is her writing. She manages to tell you some, we could say every-day stories and makes them special. Then there are her characters who are always so close to you and so lovable. I still haven't and I highly doubt I ever will read a story written by Melina that won't make me cry. Somehow I don't even want to.

Until the next time,


Broj komentara: 18:

  1. I love her books, too! This one was a good read, though I prefer Saving Francesca!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Wow. I have not read both books but they sound so intriguing. LOVE the cover , too
    GREAT review, Tanja
    Your reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Glad the stories and her writing keep being wins for you. I still haven't read anything by her, but def need to.

    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Oh you must Brandi :) Trust me you'll become a fan yourself :)

      Izbriši
  4. I NEED TO READ THIS TANJA!!! I read and loved Saving Francesca, but for some reason I haven't picked this one up yet. There's clearly something wrong with me. And I agree completely about her writing - she definitely takes the every day and makes it so much more:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. YES YOU DO JENNY!! :D It's better not to read all her books at once you must keep something! :) or that's what I tell myself :) And I couldn't agree more with the last sentence ;)

      Izbriši
  5. I never read Saving Francesca before reading Piper's Son. It's been a while since I've read it already. Your review brings me back. I hope that Marchetta's book will always give you joy and you will never be disappointed by them (:

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. You didn't have to. Really both books have its own stories :) Aww thank you :)

      Izbriši
  6. wow i SERIOUSLY need to read Saving Francesca!! They both sound like very heart touching books. Great review Tanja!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes need to read all Melina's books :) Thanks Farah :)

      Izbriši
  7. YES! Yet another fan for Mr. Tom Mackee. A guy like him can never have enough. I agree with you about the writing being Marchetta's strong point, but it's hard to point out just one thing with someone like her. She's absolutely amazing.
    Great review.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. LOL I don't think Glass would agree with you...she almost injured me badly when I asked to have him xD Yes it is but some things should be surprise ;) Thanks Maja :)

      Izbriši
  8. I absolutely agree - why do we all even TRY to write reviews for her books? Seriously, this was poignant on a whole new level and just so beautiful. I feel like out of all her books, this is the one I'd ask my mom to start with first. I desperately want my parents to read her books too since they're universal for all ages. She's just...amazing. Wonderful review! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes it's my poor soul whining and trying to get people to read her books! :) Yes like you said they're universal! Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  9. Tanja Tanja Tanja! You're gonna come kill me since I still haven't read any of Melina Marchetta's books!

    Darn! I promise I'll read them soon. *pinky swear* ;)

    I'm glad you loved Piper's Son! Lovely review!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'll drive you crazy until you start reading one and them my job would be done! ;) I'm waiting and I know you'll enjoy every-single-one-of-them. Thank you :)

      Izbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...