25. ožu 2013.

Asunder by Jodi Meadows


Buy the book at 

Author's 

Book summary: 

DARKSOULS
Ana has always been the only one. Asunder. Apart. But after Templedark, when many residents of Heart were lost forever, some hold Ana responsible for the darksouls–and the newsouls who may be born in their place.


SHADOWS

Many are afraid of Ana’s presence, a constant reminder of unstoppable changes and the unknown. When sylph begin behaving differently toward her and people turn violent, Ana must learn to stand up not only for herself but for those who cannot stand up for themselves.


LOVE
Ana was told that nosouls can’t love. But newsouls? More than anything, she wants to live and love as an equal among the citizens of Heart, but even when Sam professes his deepest feelings, it seems impossible to overcome a lifetime of rejection.

      It's been a while since I've read this book and quite honestly this wasn't an easy review to write. After reading this book my emotions were all over the place. Few times I though about giving up but I still left it here and hoped that my emotions will settle.

       This story started in Incarnate. It was an interesting story for me to read. It was dystopian and somehow it had some new elements in it. I was eager to read Asunder cause I wanted to see more about the world and creatures and Anna and Sam and everyone else. Yes of course I got some new details but I must say that I might have expected too much. Being a newsoul was something that Anna had to carry on her shoulders alone. She was a mistake in some people's eyes and yet she was something new. They're mostly afraid. She had to go through everything for the first time while most of the souls around her forgot about their first lives. In the sequel Anna has some secrets to reveal and maybe she is on the way to discover the truth about their existence and about herself.

       My emotions are still over the place for this one. This book was interesting and brought some new discoveries about the world - something I expected of it, but also it was quite boring as well. I felt like I was reading this book for years and I was reading it for quite a long time - for my standards. My attention keep flying around and it was hard to concentrate on the book. Of course some parts were really interesting but still not majority of them. Still I'll be waiting for the next book.

Rating: 2.5 stars.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 19:

  1. Sorry Asunder didn't work out for you Tanja, I hate it when a book is unable to keep my attention, I still have to pick up the first book in this series, yet but was slightly put off by the mixed reviews :/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yeah I was reading but at the same time I wasn't...Maybe my mood at that time didn't fit the book. I hope you'll enjoy it :)

      Izbriši
  2. Sorry that this one didn't capture your attention and love like you wanted.
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Awwwww too bad this one just didn't quite work for you Tanja! I adored it, but I agree it could be slow at times. The whole concept of the new souls/old souls just messed with my head the more I thought about it, and I like when books make me think. Thanks for your thoughts!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm happy for you. I like when book makes me thing, meaning when I want to discover why and how but here I somehow knew that plenty of things will be left unfinished. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  4. Oh no, 2.5 stars! I liked INCARNATE and wanted to continue, but this review makes me sort of nervous. I will read it at some point because I have a copy, but it's good to be forewarned.

    Thanks for your review!

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Ahh that's why I don't like writing negative reviews..*sigh* Maybe this will low your expectations and then the book will surprise you :D Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  5. I really liked the first book at the time, though seem to have lost all interest in this series while waiting for this one to release. I'm not sure if I'll bother buying a copy now. If I'm ever curious again, I'll try it as a library read. :) Great review, Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yeah I know the feeling - sometimes waiting drives me crazy and sometimes I just lose interest in the book. Who know maybe you'll like it more. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  6. I've been wanting to check out Incarnate fo the longest time, but haven't had the chance. Sorry this wasn't up to par. What did you think of Incarnate?

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I really liked Incarnate! It was new and interesting :) You should give it a try.

      Izbriši
  7. Oh no. :( I'm sorry you found it lacking. I haven't read the first book yet, though I do have a copy. Very curious to what I'd think. Thanks for being honest with your thoughts! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I believe you'll like the first book :) I hope you'll get to read it soon. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  8. I read reviews of the first book and decided that it was not for me, although I still enjoy reading people's reviews of the sequel. Looks like there were some problems with it for you as well?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I didn't have such problems with the first book. It was new and interesting. This one lacks that.

      Izbriši
  9. I remember reading Incarnate and I was fascinated by the concept of newsoul and found it interesting. As for Asunder, I'm just so bored to read it, although I'd like to know what happens. But after your review, ah well, I'm not so sure. I guess I can keep it on hold for longer. Awesome review, Tanja! :)

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes I was too. You should maybe read it closer to the publishing date of the third book. It'll be easier to continue with the story. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  10. So sorry this one didn't work out for you. I hate it when the first book is good but the second one dies down. I have this one in my TBR and I don't think I'll be picking it up anytime soon. Thanks for the honest and brilliant review, Tanja! :D

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...