15. velj 2014.

ARC Review: Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen

Pre-oder book at 
Author's 

Book summary: 
For five centuries, a witch’s curse has bound the trolls to their city beneath the ruins of Forsaken Mountain. Time enough for their dark and nefarious magic to fade from human memory and into myth. But a prophesy has been spoken of a union with the power to set the trolls free, and when Cécile de Troyes is kidnapped and taken beneath the mountain, she learns there is far more to the myth of the trolls than she could have imagined.
Cécile has only one thing on her mind after she is brought to Trollus: escape. Only the trolls are clever, fast, and inhumanly strong. She will have to bide her time, wait for the perfect opportunity.
But something unexpected happens while she’s waiting – she begins to fall for the enigmatic troll prince to whom she has been bonded and married. She begins to make friends. And she begins to see that she may be the only hope for the half-bloods – part troll, part human creatures who are slaves to the full-blooded trolls. There is a rebellion brewing. And her prince, Tristan, the future king, is its secret leader.
As Cécile becomes involved in the intricate political games of Trollus, she becomes more than a farmer’s daughter. She becomes a princess, the hope of a people, and a witch with magic powerful enough to change Trollus forever.
            It's rather rare for me to sit down just after finishing the book and start the review. But here I am, only few minutes after reading the last word of this book writing this. I cannot tell you how much this book makes me happy. But enough of my blabbing, gushing and fangirling (yeah, like that will ever stop), and let me tell you more about this book.

            This is a story about Cecile, a young girl who suddenly gets kidnapped and soon enough finds herself in a world she heard stories about. I cannot tell you about time she is living in but as soon as we entered Trollus I forgot about our world in general. The caves are magical not only because they indeed are filled with troll magic but because they're beautiful. We cannot tell the same for most trolls living there but Tristan is someone you must notice. His ideas aren't those of marriage and mostly not of breaking the curse, but actually they are quite different. But his attitude and impoliteness aren't those of the the next king. When forced together they must find a way around games and intrigues because they are now part of their lives. Soon enough they see that they both have more in common than they believed.

            While some parts of this book sound really predictable and in fact they are, there are other things that make this book unputdownable. It's not just that the author made me fall for trolls but at the same time she created characters who are actually not special nor perfect. Cecile and Tristan are far from it. Every her decision is weighted and even though well aware of her love for Tristan she still has life outside and she still cannot let go the idea of the future that once was very near. She is rational as much as emotional. What more there is Tristan, a boy who is really rude and far from Prince Charming and he has all right to be. His will has been broken so many times and every his move is well calculated and planed. He is strategist after all. There is no insta-love here, here is romance that's built out of friendship and mutual desire to break so many rules and built a place for better tomorrow. Of course their relationship is not an easy one, when both of them are forced to be something neither of them wants to be.

         This review is too long already, but I need to take a moment and tell you more about supporting characters, about Marc, who won me from the first appearing or Victor and Victoria who are hard not to like. Same as King, Queen and Duchesse who all played their parts in royal manner.

          Lastly, this book is apparently over 400 pages, but I haven't felt if for a second and I'll gladly read 800 pages more if necessary.

Rating: 5 stars.

Until the next time,
***NOTE: Copy of this book was kindly provided by the publisher, Strange Chemistry, via NetGalley. Thank you. 
I'm not paid for writing this review - I do it as a lover of written word. All opinions are personal.

Broj komentara: 40:

  1. I am so happy to read your review Tanja because I was hoping this book would be really good and it sounds like it was, so yay!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm so glad to hear that and I hope you'll enjoy it Ali :)

      Izbriši
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one, Tanja! I can't wait to read it myself and I've been looking forward to meeting these characters and falling in love with their romance. Wonderful review!(:

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Goodness, there are so many people reading this one right now! Even my trusted friends are giving this book high praise, and it looks like it's time for me to get my hands on this baby as well. It's awesome when you feel a book is long, but it could've been longer than that and you wouldn't have minded either way.

    Great review!

    Faye @ The Social Potato

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. So far, I've only heard great things about this book! I'm so glad you enjoyed it as well, I'm definitely going to have to check this out :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. OOHH I just got this for review yesterday! And now I'm even more excited to read it, since you gave it 5 stars :D
    I'm so glad you loved this and I cannot wait to get into it now. Never read something with trolls before, so I'm very intrigued.
    Awesome review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I cannot wait to see what you think of it Richa :) Thank you.

      Izbriši
  6. Aaaaah this sound deliciously wonderful. I love that she made you fall for trolls! I want!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Wonderful review, Tanja! I love it when a book is unputdownable, and the no-insta love is always a plus for me. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. YAY! Thanks for posting the review so soon. It does pay off to demand/beg. haha :)

    I'm going to read this one soon-probably next week. I'm really interested in these caves. Trolls live there?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. No problem girl ;) You're special after all.

      Yes they do and I hope you'll like them. Take a walk down the glass gardens for me ;)

      Izbriši
  9. I love that your enthusiasm forced you to write your review right away! Everything about this fantasy seemed to work for you, and that makes me very happy for you. Gorgeous review, Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It does Andrea :) And I'm glad that NA and adult reads are doing it for you. Thank you :)

      Izbriši
  10. Eeeek, I'm so glad you loved this one! (: I finished reading it a couple of days ago and am still thinking of this book. I think that's definitely a sign of a good book. I've written up my review, and it seems like we're in agreement about a lot of things. Lovely review (:

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm so happy to hear that Larissa. I cannot wait to read your review :) Thank you.

      Izbriši
  11. It is definitely a good sign when you wish there were double the pages in a book, and I get the fact that you just had to sit down and write about it as soon as you finished, sounds great!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It shows my love for this book I hope. Thank you :)

      Izbriši
  12. I'v e been seeing a lot of this book going around and it has had me so curious. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'll definitely have to look more into it. Great review :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. I don't think I've ever read or heard of a book like this especially with trolls being center staged. You sound like you loved it very much. Sometimes there are books you must gush about right away. Lovely review (:

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes and tell the world to read it :D Thank you Adriana :)

      Izbriši
  14. WOW. I am so going out to find this one now. I saw it somewhere and wrote it off but now I need this book in my life, it sounds fantastic. Even the romance seems so good, I love a slow build.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I like it when it's slow growing romance. I hope you'll get to read it soon. Thanks Alise :)

      Izbriši
  15. Oh! Larissa is reviewing this one tomorrow on the blog and her review is really positive, now after reading your review, I kinda want to try this one more! I love the title as well

    Great review, Tanja! <33

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'll make sure to stop by and check out her review. I truly hope you'll get to read it soon. Thanks Mel :))

      Izbriši
  16. Whoa it awesome when you don't know where the time went and finished reading a substantial book. That is quite unique. With the pretty cover and awesome story Stolen Songbird sounds pretty good. Amazing review Tanja!

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It was an amazing read for me. Thank you Janhvi :)

      Izbriši
  17. wow lovely review, so awesome to hear it's supporting cast is just as wonderful! the story sounds amazing as well really! I have a copy but I am waiting to review it closer to release date. So glad to hear you loved it!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  18. YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! We gushed together about this one a little on Twitter Tanja, but I'm just so happy you enjoyed it as much as I did! I found it to be absolutely unputdownable as well, and I got all the way to the end and found myself wishing this was a 1,000 page book instead of multiple 400+ page books. That almost never happens, I'm usually happy to reach the end even if I liked the book. This one I wanted to keep going and going:) And I'm totally hoping Marc might get his own book at some point. LOVED HIM.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. How could I forget to ask that Danielle! Damn! I must remember to do that when I get another opportunity. I'm so glad you loved it too Jenny :)) It's so amazing when you have someone to gush with about the book :)

      Izbriši
  19. This sounds fantastic! I've been wanting to check this out since I saw it on WoW, but now I'm definitely adding it to my TBR pile. I'm thrilled to hear there's no insta-love. Relationships built on friendship are so much more satisfying. Any book that has you wanting to read another 800 pages when you're done is a must read for me. Lovely review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. They are and much easier to relate to :) Thank you Lauren :)

      Izbriši
  20. I agree, I loved this book :) I was especially very happy with the non-insta-love!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  21. I really adored Marc as well, even when he got so angry at the end!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...