12. svi 2012.

Until I Die (Revenants, #2) by Amy Plum


Amy Plum's: website / Twitter / Goodreads /Facebook

Book summary:

     Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love. As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.

      Second book in Revenants series by Amy Plum came out on May 8th and I have to say that it was much better than I expected. Last year when I read first book, Die for Me, I was so disappointed. I guess that problem was that I waited so long for this book, I read few hyped reviews and the cover... Die for Me have one of the most beautiful covers I have ever seen. But let me make something clear: it wasn't the plot that I didn't like - it's quite original and whole Revenants mythology is refreshing compared with usual supernatural beings popular in contemporary fantasy novels. What bothered me the most was the stereotypical representation of Paris and European social norms.

      I didn't have those issues with second book. Until I Die is light and fun book to read, ideal for lazy, warm Sunday afternoon. But here's some things you'll need while you read this book.

1. Bowl of coffee. Yes, bowl. Not the cup of coffee. You'll understand why when you read the book. Consider yourself warned so you wouldn't have to get up five times to make some delicious, steaming bowl of coffee as I had to because I was too distracted with all those vivid descriptions.

2. Two croissants with cheese. Just in case you get hungry. And you will.

3. Inspirational surrounding for complete reading experience. It would be ideal if you have balcony with this amazing view on the city (wherever you live in the world), but if you don't - find it! Go outside! Find that small coffee shop on the corner of most beautiful part of your town (with Paris-feeling). Every town have  Montmartre - go there. Or simply sit in that peaceful green park and enjoy in light breeze, fresh air and sunlight on your face.

4. Paris tourist guide book. If you've never been in Paris, you'll definitely need this. Or bring your laptop and every time some place pops up, google it! My favourite - Père Lachaise Cemetery. Talking about Père Lachaise, here's one interesting info: I've talked with Amy Plum on Twitter and she told me this:

     We are curious - which is the wierdeest place you've kissed someone? Don't be shy, Tanychy and I love to hear form you guys, so leave us your comments.

Until next time,

***NOTE! Copy of the book is kindly provided by the publisher, HarperCollins via Edelweiss. I'm not paid for writing review - I do this for free as lover of written word. All opinions in this review are personal.

Broj komentara: 8:

  1. I like your review, I am reading this book right now and although I love the premiss of the story and I loved the first book I find this one hard to get into. I hope it gets better I have waited for a long time for this one.
    Thanks for the follow I am following you now and will be reading and commenting on more of your posts later

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Oh, thank you! I had the same problem with the first book - I think it was because of all waiting... Your expectations build up and no matter how good it might be, you don't really "feel it".

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Good review ;)! I just got this book in the mail, been waiting a while now! And I have to sat that i agree with you when it comes to the first book. So now I'm even more looking forward to reading the second one ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Don't blame me if you don't like it!:) I was in "the mood"...:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Oh my gosh!!! I'm dying here! I knew dating a Revenant would be very stressful for Kate, I just didn't realize how stressful it would be for me just to read about it! But of course Vincent is totally worth it! Mr. tall, dark, and handsome AND in Paris? *sigh* That's about as perfect as it gets - who cares if he's dead (or undead)? I love the other Revenants, too. They are all so unique & funny in their own ways. Although there is one of them that I never particularly cared for... Georgia is also fantastic! She's so energetic & loyal! I have really grown to love this story. I will definitely be an anxious mess waiting on the next book!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I can't wait to see how it'll end...:) Thank you for stopping by.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I love this book!
    New follower
    http://paranormalromancefanatic.blogspot.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Hi Elizabeth, thanks for follow.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...