3. stu 2014.

ARC Review: A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray

Buy the book at 
Author's 
Expected publication: November 4th, 2014
Book summary:
Marguerite Caine’s physicist parents are known for their radical scientific achievements. Their most astonishing invention: the Firebird, which allows users to jump into parallel universes, some vastly altered from our own. But when Marguerite’s father is murdered, the killer—her parent’s handsome and enigmatic assistant Paul—escapes into another dimension before the law can touch him.
Marguerite can’t let the man who destroyed her family go free, and she races after Paul through different universes, where their lives entangle in increasingly familiar ways. With each encounter she begins to question Paul’s guilt—and her own heart. Soon she discovers the truth behind her father’s death is more sinister than she ever could have imagined.
A Thousand Pieces of You explores a reality where we witness the countless other lives we might lead in an amazingly intricate multiverse, and ask whether, amid infinite possibilities, one love can endure.
        How many times have you seen this cover and just stopped and stared for a few minutes? I stopped counting after some time but despite the fact that I never rate the book solely by its cover, in this case it was hard not to be grabbed by it. So I was thrilled to see the inside of it once I have got a chance.

        I'll be frank with you and tell you that of course I haven't read the blurb before reading the book, so when I figured out that this book dealt with parallel universes I was over the moon. That idea for me is even more interesting than time traveling itself. And here it was amazingly developed and constructed. When Marguerite decided to go and chase after Paul I couldn't dream of all the places we'll get to visit. Traveling from past to present and then from one side of the world to another and with all that all the words were so detailed and imaginable. With every new jump Marguerite got to meet herself better and with that to construct all thousand pieces of herself and others around her, those that have always been part of her life.

        I was lucky enough to connect with Meg right away and while I was annoyed but one thing she kept thinking about still it was amazing how she got to meet herself through different self. It was as if she discovered layers of herself she never knew about. Not only herself but those of Paul and Theo as well. So as you see there are two boys so yes we can say that this book sadly has that monster called love-triangle, still it was pretty clear from the start who is going to win this battle, which is actually the only thing that bothered me in this book.

         Everything aside I loved how it was a really slow-building/burning romance here and I know I have found another book boyfriend in this book (I won't tell you who it is, though. Read it!). At the end, I'm happy to inform you that love triangle didn't ruin this one for me! Just keep trying, you monster!

Rating: 4 stars.

Until the next time,
*NOTE: This book was kindly provided by the publisher, HarperTeen for review.Thank you!

Broj komentara: 17:

  1. This was one of the better feeling love triangles though, it just seemed to work for the storyline and I think that is why it didn't bother me at all.

    Great review and I am glad that you liked this as much as I did.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I am so glad you enjoyed this one, I have been really excited about it. Thanks for the heads up on the slow-building
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Great review, I would love to read this one!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Lovely review! this sounds quite good overall. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. It's nice to see you were able to connect with the main character quickly. I heard great things about this author, I think I need to try this one.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I'm pleased that the outside matched the inside (for the most part) because pretty covers can be so misleading. The love triangle is a bit of a bummer, however I'm kinda curious as to which team you're on now. As long as the romantic aspects were of the slow-burn variety I'm a happy camper.

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Tanja I am even more excited about giving this book a go now after reading your review! The premise sounds absolutely fantastic, also I do love my books that deal with parallel type worlds. Also I'm glad the love triangle didn't bother you too much, can't wait to meet both guys!!!! Fab review! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Yay! I just finished this one and really enjoyed it as well Tanja! I wasn't overly bothered by the love triangle either, as you said, it was pretty clear who was going to come out on top and I just liked the way Marguerite handled everything. Her time in Russia was my absolute favorite:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Just finished this one so I'm excited to compare notes. I loved the travelogue and the concept. The romance didn't completely work for me. It wasn't the triangle aspect that bothered me, it was the multiple versions of the guy that was weird to me. I'll try to explain better in my review.
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I haven't heard anything about this book despite its gorgeous cover so I'm glad to see that there is substance to the novel beyond its artistic beauty. I'll definitely be bumping this up my TBR now--great review, Tanja!(:

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I'm glad you enjoyed this one, Tanja. Unfortunately it didn't work for me. I didn't like Marguerite and I had some huge issues with the romance, mostly that sex scene. I just felt weird when it happened because she was doing it with someone else and she was using someone else's body. Yeah, it was a bit too complicated for me and I like my romances to be simple. I was intrigued by the travels she made though.
    Lovely review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. Ooh I have just finished reading this and I loved it as well! That cover is by far one of the most beautiful I have seen, and I fall in love with it every time :3 I read this authors Evernight series, so I wanted to try this. I think the romance was done well, and the worlds were all so different and creative! I think the setting could've been sketched out a bit better in some places - especially Russia, but otherwise I loved it too <3

    Check out my latest review: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/11/dnf-hilltop.html

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. I loved the one Gray book I read (Balthazar) and I love parallel universe stories. This sounds like a total win for me!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. gah I love the cover myself I am so glad to hear you enjoyed it. I am debating of reading this one next myself.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. That definitely is an amazing cover and I haven't read any parallel universe books yet so this one definitely goes on my list. I love a good slow burn romance so I'm glad you enjoyed the book overall. Thanks for sharing Tanja! :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. Glad to see that this was an awesome read for you, Tanja! I remember reading Nick's review of this one and she was far from impressed. *eek* I'm still on the fence, but I'll have to read this eventually... plus, time traveling/parallel universes is one concept I love tackling/reading about, too! (I'm actually playing Tales of Xillia 2 lately on the PS3, and it's also about "fractured dimensions", which is pretty much a fancy term for parallel universes haha). Great review!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. WOAH this sounds freaking amazing and I'm about to pick it up, I love how you mentioned that it's like she was seeing different parts of herself and the time traveling aspect sounds epic. I love the sound of it, really great review Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...