4. stu 2014.

ARC Review: Illusion by S.M. Boyce

Buy the book at 
Author's 

Expected publication: TODAY! 

Book summary:
The final chapter in the war for Ourea ends with blood. 
Kara Magari is an icon. A hero. The people love her. The royalty tolerates her. She has everything—an army, allies, and a close circle of chosen family. They believe she will end the war, and they shouldn’t. She’s as scared as they are. She just can’t show it. 
The war she accidentally started ends with a final battle that will either save or enslave her people. She will do anything to win—until she learns the cost of victory.
Braeden Drakonin is afraid of what he’ll become when he takes over his father’s kingdom—that much authority can change a man. But his father has already tried to kill him more than once, and it’s time to end his reign. Braeden’s armies are ready. His strategy is foolproof. His generals are waiting for the order to attack. It’s only in the final seconds before the battle begins that he realizes he missed one crucial detail—the traitor.
          What started as accidental friendship on twitter turned into my love for this series. I have first entered Ourea 2 years ago and now sadly I'm leaving this world behind. It's been a hell of a ride and for that it will always remain in my memories and I'll get back there one day.

          In the previous three book Lichgates, Treason and Heritage we have seen Kara's trip from first entering Ourea till the final battle that was scheduled for Illusion. From the first time she realized that she has a great power till the full blast of it. We have seen her grow. Not only Kara, but all characters in this saga. There is Braeden who learned how to embrace his past and live with it and as far as I'm concerned he will always be on of my book boyfriends. With all that a great villains, that make you scared even though your life is not endangered. That all lead to this final battle which was all but predictable.

         I'm not going to tell you much about the plot here as it'd spoil a lot, but trust me when I tell you that each page was built with suspense, where I continued to read while biting my nails. Not to mention that I was so afraid because of that last sentence in the blurb as the traitor could be anyone.

        Another thing I loved about this one is that finally all pieces fell into place and it all made a round and extremely complicated plot which you get to reveal piece by piece but at the end you have the whole puzzle without missing pieces. With all that the story never wavers, it's always on track.

        All that with the amazing writing and lots of feelings. It's all I could ever ask for and then some. For that it'll have a special place in my heart. Forever.

Rating: 5 stars.

Until the next time,
*NOTE: Copy of this book was kindly provided by the author, S.M. Boyce. Thank you!

Broj komentara: 10:

  1. I got book 1, it looks like it's still free on amazon. The series looks interesting. I am glad to hear you fell in love with it over time. If this is a conclusion, it sounds very satisfying, and not at all frustrating as some can be.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I'm glad you had a wonderful time with this one. I didn't know about this book but you made me curious mainly as ends are always a but tricky.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I haven't read anything by S.M.Boyce yet but I do know that you've been enjoying this series since the beginning. So glad you loved this book. Thanks for your amazing review Tanja! :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. I love it when characters grow in a series and I'm glad to hear this was such a successful series for you, Tanja! I need to check it out for sure! :)
    Lovely review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I love when crazy things like this happen and you end up falling in love with an author and series because of it. Great review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. While I hadn't heard of this series or even this book before i'm so happy your had such a fun time with it! I love it when characters grow throughout books and really mature!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I love your enthusisasm for this series. I really need to give it a go. So glad the finale was a win for you.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Clearly you really enjoyed this book so that makes me want to check this series out. Great review!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Awww, it's the best thing when you discover that a series you really love, the ending is always wonderful and bittersweet you know. Sounds really suspenseful with nail biting drama, a great read! Lovely review Tanja.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Ooh five stars? This sounds like a good series! I haven't read any of the series but I have seen this one around quite a bit. I love it when the end of a series ties everything together perfectly to give you that closure you love. I look forward to trying the first book ^^

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...