14. kol 2013.

Waiting On Wednesday (#56)


You know the story. This is a meme created by Breaking the Spine and every week we pick books we're waiting for. Here are our picks for this week.

Our pick #1

Tana lives in a world where walled cities called Coldtowns exist. In them, quarantined monsters and humans mingle in a decadently bloody mix of predator and prey. The only problem is, once you pass through Coldtown’s gates, you can never leave.

One morning, after a perfectly ordinary party, Tana wakes up surrounded by corpses. The only other survivors of this massacre are her exasperatingly endearing ex-boyfriend, infected and on the edge, and a mysterious boy burdened with a terrible secret. Shaken and determined, Tana enters a race against the clock to save the three of them the only way she knows how: by going straight to the wicked, opulent heart of Coldtown itself.


The Coldest Girl in Coldtown is a wholly original story of rage and revenge, of guilt and horror, and of love and loathing from bestselling and acclaimed author Holly Black.

Expected publication: September 3rd, 2013

Our pick #2

On Internment, the floating island in the clouds where 16-year-old Morgan Stockhour lives, getting too close to the edge can lead to madness. Even though Morgan's older brother, Lex, was a Jumper, Morgan vows never to end up like him. She tries her best not to mind that her life is orderly and boring, and if she ever wonders about the ground, and why it is forbidden, she takes solace in best friend Pen and her betrothed, Basil.

Then a murder, the first in a generation, rocks the city. With whispers swirling and fear on the wind, Morgan can no longer stop herself from investigating, especially when she meets Judas. He is the boy being blamed for the murder — betrothed to the victim — but Morgan is convinced of his innocence. Secrets lay at the heart of Internment, but nothing can prepare Morgan for what she will find — or who she will lose.

Expected publication: October 1st, 2013

We'd love to see your picks so feel free to link them up.

Until the next time,

54 komentara:

  1. I had "Perfect Ruin" up last week but have never heard of the "Coldest Girl in Coldtown"-- and boy does that sound good! That is going right on my list. Thanks for sharing- and stopping by!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes it really sounds amazing! I hope you'll get it soon. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  2. They both sound really interesting! Especially The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, I'll have to add it to my TBR list:) Thanks for stopping by!

    Katie @ The Quiet Girl Talks

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. These are both great picks! They sounds awesome and I'm adding them to my to-read list.

    Here’s my WoW.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. I want both of these books really bad :) I loved Lauren Destefano's chemical garden trilogy. Great picks! And thanks for stopping by My WW!

    Janina

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Super excited for both of these! The plots sound amazing! I haven't read anything by Holly Black yet but I did enjoy the Chemical Garden series by Lauren DeStefano. Thanks for stopping by!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I really hope you'll get them soon. Thanks Jennifer :)

      Izbriši
  6. Both amazing picks! I really want these books as well. Hope we all get them soon and enjoy them! :)

    My WW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Really cool picks. Thanks for sharing :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-60-naturals.html

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Yes!
    I'm very excited for both these books too. Coldest Girl sounds like an interesting read and the feedback I've gotten for it has been positive.
    I also love the sound of Perfect Ruins. It sounds so unique.
    Great picks! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes I have heard some amazing things about both. Thanks Nick :)

      Izbriši
  9. These are both on my TBR! I'm a big fan of Lauren DeStefano so I'm super excited for something new from her. Great picks! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I love Holly Black, so I'm excited to see what her new book is like myself! Great picks, ladies!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I haven't read any of her works so I'm super excited! Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  11. YES!!! Both are amazing picks!! I'm super eager for both! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. Awesome picks! I am really excited for both of these, both sound fantastic!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. Oh, dying for Perfect Ruin. <3 Awesome pick! Hope you'll enjoy them both :)
    Thank you for commenting on my mailbox. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll get it soon. Oh your mailbox is hard not to comment on ;)

      Izbriši
  14. I'm totally with you girls on both your choices! I'm reading The Coldest Girl now and it's awesome. Ruin was my choice a couple of weeks for my WoW. You have excellent taste! Thanks for pointing out the play on words about my pick this week, A Street Cat Named Bob. I didn't realize the connection to the old movie name until you mentioned it! Very observant of you...lol...

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Oh I can't wait to see hat you think of it!! Thanks :) lol I'm a lit student, aren't I ;)

      Izbriši
  15. I am excited for Perfect Ruin too. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. I have an arc of The Coldest Girl in Coldtown that I will be reading very soon. I hope we both enjoy it!
    Thanks for stopping by.
    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Oh can I sneak into your house just to read it :D Thanks Sandra :)

      Izbriši
  17. The Holly Black one is going to be a must read I think. I like how original is sounds, not to mention slightly creepy! Great picks!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes it really sounds so unique that I must read it. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  18. i'm really looking forward to reading coldest girl in coldtown too! i've heard great things about it and it sounds like such a unique read for a paranormal YA--which is surprising because there's so many paranormal YA books out there.

    hope you can stop by my WoW.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  19. I can't wait for these two, too :) Great picks!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  20. A BIG GIANT YES to both of these books!!! New follower :)

    Here's my WoW.

    Stop by my giveaway if you have a moment!

    Jess @ Such A Novel Idea

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hey Jessica! Thanks for following :) I'll stop by :)

      Izbriši
  21. Blacks book is on my wishlist..awesome picks this week and both are perfect for fall!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  22. Both are awesome picks girls! I am super excited for both of those! Yay!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  23. I'm not sure about Perfect Ruin but The Coldest Girl in Coldtown sounds fantastic!! I've seen it around a lot on GR so I can't wait to pick it up! Awesome picks, ladies! :D

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes it really sounds so good that I hope it won't disappoint :) Thanks girl :D

      Izbriši
  24. Nice picks! I love the cover for Perfect Ruin. Thanks for sharing!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  25. I'm excited for both of these too! Fantastic picks!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  26. Oooh, I like the description of Perfect Ruin. I will put that on my tbr list.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  27. I'm dying to read both of these! I have a copy of Coldest Girl in Coldtown, but I need to get my hands on Perfect Ruin asap. Great choices for WoW!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...