5. kol 2013.

Thief by Tarryn Fisher

Buy the book at 
Author's

Book summary:
Note to Self
Love is patient; love is kind.Love doesn't boast or brag.There's no arrogance in love;it's never rude, crude, or indecent-it's not self absorbed.Love isn't easily upset.Love doesn't tally wrongs.Love trusts, hopes, and endures no matter what.Love will never become obsolete.I'll fight for her.
Thief
Caleb Drake never got over his first love. Not when he got married. Not when she got married. When life suddenly comes full circle Caleb must decide how how far he is willing to go to get the aloof and alluring Olivia Kaspen back. But for every action in life there is a consequence, and soon Caleb finds out that sometimes love comes at an unbearably high price.
        You know while waiting for the final book in a series you create dozen endings in your head and then list then from the one most likely to happen to the one that you don't think will happen. Well I had a list for this one, but you know what, I (and other addicts) didn't have publication date. Until one of a sudden this book showed up. You simply need to stop everything and read this one.

         If I'd be honest with you even after this book The Opportunist will stay my favorite. I enjoyed Caleb's POV as well but meeting these characters for the first time and hearing their story made me an addicts. While I couldn't connect (and I never will) with Leah I must admit that her character is probably done the best. She is what she is and end of story. She might not be right and she might make a lot of mistakes but she stands behind them. That's one of the biggest characteristics of Tarryn's writing - her characters. All from Olivia, Caleb, Leah to Noah and other secondary characters were done perfectly. I don't need to tell you more about them as I believe you've already heard a lot. With such characters and such an amazing story it was easy to get addicted.

        Another thing I must admit that at certain points I though that this series would go the wrong way (meaning it would be too much retellings) but the author really found the balance and once again managed to surprise us with some decisions.

        Back to the endings - well I honestly didn't expect this, it was one of the possibilities but I was certain that something totally opposite would happen. Well, I was wrong. But still it's a great ending to this series.

Rating: 5 stars.

Until the next time,


23 komentara:

  1. Ahhhh! I need to read this series Tanja! Rachel over at The Reader's Den has told me a million times I need to get my butt in gear and pick up these books, and I've promised her I would. Now that this last book is finally out, I have no more excuses and can't wait to get in there and see what all the epic fuss is about. So excited!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. LOL Yeah I know that Rachel is an addict same as me :) I can't wait to see what you think of it :)

      Izbriši
  2. I've not heard too much about this series, but it sounds really interesting! :) Maybe I should give it a try?

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I should give these a try! Not sure I've heard of them until this one. Glad you liked it so!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. I'm so glad you enjoyed this, Tanja! I tried The Opportunist, but it just wasn't for me. I couldn't get a hold on the characters, sadly, but I'm thrilled this trilogy worked out so well for you. Lovely review, dear!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Too bad it didn't work out for you but I hope you'll give it another try. Thanks Keertana :)

      Izbriši
  5. Yay for the 5 stars, Tanja! I read your review on Goodreads this morning at work and the computer doesn't show the ratings (weird, I know). I thought this was the perfect ending for such a mind spin of a story! Great review! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. lol weird! Yes it really is perfect :) Thanks Rachel :)

      Izbriši
  6. I seriously need to pick this series up. I have heard nothing but amazing things about it, and I just know I'm going to enjoy it. And I'm glad this was a well-balanced ending to the series. And I agree with you, that is hard to find. I'm really excited about this series now! Glad you enjoyed this, Tanja! :D Great review! =)

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I have heard so many good things about this series and it sounds so good. Great review!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Glad that it was a good ending to the series even if not your favorite one

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Although it wasn't what you expected, I am glad you enjoyed the ending :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I love when a book can surprise you, even when you think you've thought of every possible plot point and ending (and with series books, I'm the same way, I theorize endlessly about what will happen). Glad you enjoyed this, and lovely review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. Oh I have no idea what to say about this book. It was amazing in such a messed up way. I loved the ending and finally felt that each person got what they deserved. This is one of the most uniquely fucked up series I've read to date Great review Tanja! :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Me too! But yes it was really fucked up so to say. Thanks girl :)

      Izbriši
  12. Oh I must start reading her series! Everyone loves them :) I hope you'll get to read it :) Thanks :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...