3. kol 2013.

Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta

Buy the book at 
Author's

Book summary: 
Three years after the curse on Lumatere was lifted, Froi has found his home . . . or so he believes. Fiercely loyal to the Queen and Finnikin, Froi has been taken roughly and lovingly in hand by the Guard sworn to protect the royal family, and has learned to control his quick temper with a warrior's discipline. But when he is sent on a secretive mission to the kingdom of Charyn, nothing could have prepared him for what he finds in its surreal royal court. Soon he must unravel both the dark bonds of kinship and the mysteries of a half-mad princess in this barren and mysterious place. It is in Charyn that he will discover there is a song sleeping in his blood . . . and though Froi would rather not, the time has come to listen.
After the Finnikin of the Rock review we noticed that you like our joined reviews so we decided to do another for Froi of the Exiles. We hope you'll like it.

Glass: As we promised, we are sharing with you our humble opinion about second book in Lumatere Chronicles. I believe that is quite obvious that we love everything Melina Marchetta writes, so you can already guess that this will be swoon-fest. Right, Tanja?
Tanja: Is it that obvious? But you were right the last time, we could hardly manage to save Finnikin only for us, so we should totally be honest and tell our readers about the terrible Froi and his story.
Glass: He is such a bad,bad person. Finnikin is sweetheart if you compare him with this disgusting creature. Tanja and I will sacrifice ourselves to save you girls form tragic fate and we will lock him up in our harem and never ever let him out.
Tanja: Yes, we will. What can I tell you, we're such a brave girls who know that saving the world from such an awful creatures is bigger than us. (We're good girl *wink*). We will even go to Charyn and deal with street-lords. It was a big switch to go from Lumatere and their kingdom to Charyn and their king.
Glass: It was. Completely different setting, rules, characters. Everything was more savage and wild, but I think I loved Froi of the Exiles even more than the first book in the series. Maybe some readers won't like few turns in the plot because it might seem kind of convenient, but please be patient and just read. You might not get all the answers here, but we promise that everything has a really good explanation.
Tanja: Yes, it was a big change in behavior of characters but not only those who were in Lumatere and those in Charyn but in Froi himself. You could see switch in his actions but in the first place meet him better. But you know what I loved the most - Mots! That adds another guy here Luci-en. I won't say more about him, as I know I'll have hard time to keep him.
Glass: I wanted to smack him for being idiot few times, but he was just in terrible need of a real woman. Phaedra had to take everything in her hands. Poor girl. Men can be so dumb sometimes. Talking about dumb men and strong women, I have to say that Quintana is one of my favorites. She is weird and smart, I can't help myself but be completely in awe - what that girl had to endure and what she done willingly to help to the others... It is just amazing.
Tanja: Yes. I mean she is completely different from what we're used to when we talk about leading characters. She can be described as crazy when you first meet her but then there is a beauty in Melina's characters, when they develop and go under your skin. I guess that people who haven't read any of Melina's books would think that we're talking about God himself.
Glass: Haha...We can start new religion, Tanja! We should probably stop now before we start to write spoiler and then our followers will leave us. I'll be short. Guys, you just have to read this book!
Tanja: Ah..you're right. But I could talk about this book all day long. Yes, you really have to and sorry for not talking about the plot but it'd be hard without spoiling first book. Now, go and read the book!

Rating: The biggest five stars you can imagine!

PS. Stay tuned, review for Quintana of Charyn is coming soon. 

Until the next time,


22 komentara:

  1. I love dual reviews and you have to share your characters *peaks around you to see how many characters you are keeping in that room* I need to pick up book one and find out what all the fuss is about!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. LOL! Don't get lost and you'll find something for yourself for sure :D I really hope you'll get to read it soon :)

      Izbriši
  2. I've not heard of this author before, but I love the double reviews :) This sounds like an interesting book as well!

    Great review :)

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. What???? Oh, Janina, you have to read it. I suggest that you start with her contemporary novels, like Saving Francesca or The Piper's Son.

      Izbriši
  3. Another Melina Marchetta book! I love when y'all do these type of reviews. It's so much fun. I'm going to keep my eye out for this book. So glad you girls loved it! Great review!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Once again, I absolutely LOVE that you two wrote a dual review for this - it's so much fun to read! Also, this book is my favorite of the trilogy because it's practically larger-than-life in most instances. It's simply so well-plotted and emotionally stunning, al I'm glad you ladies enjoyed it. Wonderful review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Luci-en (haha!) and Phaedra are my favorite couple in the whole series!! But everyone else are just right behind. I just love this series sooooo much! There are no words. Wonderful discussion ladies. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes but I really liked the two of them. Thanks Rachel :)

      Izbriši
  6. I loved Quintana's character too. And I agree with Rachel! Lucien and Phaedra are definitely my favourite pair in the series. Just thinking about them now makes me want to re-read all the books again. This couldn't get anything else than 5 stars. :) Brilliant joint review! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. And here I though I could keep him, yeah well no luck. Thanks Sam :)

      Izbriši
  7. I adored your review for the first book in this series, and I seriously need to start it soon. This book sounds even better than the first, and Lucien and Phaedra (love her name!) sound like an awesome couple. I can't wait to see how this turn out! Awesome review, ladies! :D

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'll drive you crazy with more and more books by Melina, just so you know :) Thanks Maida :))

      Izbriši
  8. Woot for the swoon fest! I am excited to start the first one

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I still need to read this! It's been so long since I read Finnikin. I need to get back in the series.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Awesome review! Glad you loved it :) Sigh, I loved it too, so much. <3 This series is AMAZING.
    Thank you for commenting on my blog. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes it's really amazing story :) Glad you like it :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  11. Oh ladies, another fabulous Lumatere Chronicles review! I agree, I liked Froi of the Exiles slightly better than Finnikin. SO much love for Luci-en and Phaedra and Froi and Quintana as well! "She can be described as crazy when you first meet her but then there is a beauty in Melina's characters, when they develop and go under your skin." LOVE THIS, so true! Thanks for sharing :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm so glad you love it :) I really enjoyed this series so much and I hope that I'll reread it soon :D Thanks :)

      Izbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...