31. kol 2013.

No Reverse by Marion Croslydon

Buy the book at Amazon
Author's

Book summary: 
"A girl who needs to undo the past. A boy who wants to forget it. In love, there’s no way back. "
At high school in Steep Hill, Kansas, Cassie O’Malley and Josh MacBride were the poster couple for quarterback/cheerleader romance until they starred in their own tale of teen pregnancy. No need to say: their shotgun wedding was low-key. But when there was no baby anymore, they went their separate ways.
Five years later, Josh has breezed through Georgetown and is about to finish his post-grad degree at Oxford University. He is set to join a lobbying group on Capitol Hill, owned by his new fiancée’s father. For Josh, the sky is now the limit… only he must first take care of a tiny legal matter: technically, he’s still married to the girl who broke his heart. 
Meanwhile, Cassie has been waiting tables in Steep Hill to pay for her sick grandmother’s care. On the day of the old lady’s funeral, Cassie is served with two sets of papers. Josh is asking for a divorce. Her heart squeezes, but, well, he moved on a long time ago. But the second envelope shakes Cassie to the core. So, for the first time, she leaves Kansas and heads to good ol’ England.
There, Cassie finds that Josh has not just “moved on,” he’s freakin’ engaged to some blue-blooded heiress. The feelings Cassie had buried deep rush back to her. But no matter if he keeps thrusting the divorce papers under her nose, she needs him to save the only person she loves more than Josh, more than life itself…
         This is the first time that this is happening to me. That I have read a story that I really liked and enjoyed but then at certain point in the plot everything went downwards. It makes me wish for a time machine so I could go back and stop myself from reading further than 81% of the book.

          Up until that point this story was something. It was a NA book that I really enjoyed for multiple reasons. First of it was untypical. A lot of things already happened in the lives of our main characters so that you had to connect some fact from the past to realize why they're such a great enemies in present. This book starts with wedding which is another untypical thing as mostly books end that way as great conclusion to the story. Well here after the wedding comes some serious drama. I don't mean that as a bad things. Cassie and Josh have big history behind them and there is an interesting story about high school sweethearts who once thought have the whole world by only having each other to the great enemies that they have become.
   
           It was really interesting but not flawless. Cassie is only thing that I had problems with. She is smart, strong but for some reasons I really admire her but trust me when I say that people from Abnegation would admire her selflessness. She literary gave up on almost her life for others and not to mention tried to control lives of others by not even asking them. But I could live with that.

          Only I couldn't live with that unreasonable proposal that happened at that famous 81% of the book. Don't get me wrong, guy did have noble reasons but proposing a person who you don't even know for a month and with that you barely kissed is idiotic. That was really out of line. It might have moved some things in the story but it added all unnecessary drama as well. From that point it was just adding more drama and then pushing all that until the ending when everything resolved. That was unnecessary as the idea itself was really good and the book is really different from same old NA stories.

          Rating: 2 stars.

Until the next time,


Broj komentara: 27:

  1. I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy this as much as I did, Tanja. I liked it for its originality but I'll admit that the other guy proposing to the girl out of nowhere was a bit too much. I let it go because he seemed like a good man who was willing to help Cassie out, but I completely get where you are coming from.
    I hope your next book is more enjoyable.
    Great honest review, Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes I have seen your review and I expected to enjoy it. I nearly dropped my Kindle when he did that. We'll see. Thanks Nick :)

      Izbriši
  2. Oh wow, that ending does sound a bit terrible. Sorry about that! I hate when the ending of a book lets you down. It can take away from the whole story! Great review though Tanja :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I am so glad that you reviewed this one because I have been super curious about it. I think after reading your review I may pass on this one.
    Great honest review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Maybe you should give it a try as you enjoy NA more than I do :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  4. Oh no! That end where he proposes does sound super unrealistic. I tend to like the more realistic New Adult than the outlandish, far-fetched ones. So I'll stay clear of this. Great review, Tanja :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. This one was realistic really only that moment. I mean I get why but still not logical :) Thanks Becca :)

      Izbriši
  5. Aww, Tanja I hate when this happens and sadly it does. Too bad we can't just rewrite our own ending. Thanks for sharing this, I love NA but will skip this one. I hope your next read is wonderful!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'll edit my copy :D Thanks Kim. I hope the next book will be better :)

      Izbriši
  6. I just HATE when I book starts out strong and then completely flops... It's almost like the author just didn't care and wanted the book to end... /:

    Sarah @ Kitties Like Books Too

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It's not like that but some moments could have been left out.

      Izbriši
  7. Gosh, I hate books like this one! It's always so disappointing to be thoroughly invested in a book and suddenly everything just comes to a standstill and you're left wondering what happened. I'm so sorry that happened with you, Tanja, but thanks for the honest review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It has to happen once. I survived a lot through books so this is quite new for me. Thanks Keertana :)

      Izbriši
  8. That's disappointing that it had such a bad last bit. I hadn't heard of this before but I probably wouldn't have picked it up anyway.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. This happens to me all the time, awesome book-awful ending. It seems like the author's intent is to wow you with something dramatic like this but it's just TOO much, you know? Over-dramatic and unrealistic. Great thoughts, Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I actually bought this a couple weeks ago b/c several friends really enjoyed it. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the last bit, and am curious to see how I feel.
    Thanks for sharing!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I can't wait to see what you think I hope you'll enjoy it :)

      Izbriši
  11. Too bad the ending of this one ruined it for you. THat is no fun at all!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. Yes, it was really annoying. Well you know that everything is a series nowadays :) Thanks Aman :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. Oh no I had expectations out of this one because the story did sound unique but I'm not a big fan of the unnecessary drama too. Guess I'll be skipping this one. Hope your next read is going much better Tanja! :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. You love NA more than me so you probably can take more than me too. Thanks Janhvi :)

      Izbriši
  14. I passed on this one because I didn't have great success with this author's previous novel. The premise does sound interesting but a little too much drama for me at this moment. Great honest review, Tanja. Sorry this didn't work out for you so late in the plot!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I thought that this was her debut novel. Yes it was too much for me. Thanks Rachel :)

      Izbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...