21. pro 2013.

Compromised by Leah Spiegel & Megan Summers

Buy the book at Amazon
Author's Website / Facebook  

Book summary: 
When Alley gets a message from Salvador Passerotti, the most influential man in the Burgh, for putting his daughter behind bars, Shane takes every precaution he can to protect her. Nevertheless, the other police officers down at the station think the rookie Shane is out of his depth, with Scarface having just posted bond until his trial and decide to partner him with Officer Jeter; a man whose so old school he does everything according to protocol. Meanwhile, Alley has her own drama at school now that the other cheerleaders at Upper East High know that she had a role in bringing down Taylor and their other friends just before qualifying for states. Just when Alley thinks she can’t get a break a mysterious newcomer starts tagging her every move. With the help of her friends, especially Val whose determined to take down the whole mob if she has to, Alley discovers that everyone she trusts has been caught in a web of lies and that all the protection she desperately needs has been compromised.
          I've been trying to put together this review for a long time now and while at one hand I truly know how feel about this book I somehow don't want to get all that out cause this series is something truly special to me. Honestly, I believe that we all are unique but how did Leah and Megan managed to create someone who is basically me goes beyond my mind.

          With Uninvited I got into this story with not many expectations as I've not been a chick-lit lover myself, but I got delighted by this story and probably the #1 fan. When I first met these famous girls it was so interesting to see a mix of different personalities who care so much for each other. Then we met Shane and well I knew that this was something else. When things got a little bit complicated in Confiscated and the story developed with unexpected twists and turns I knew I was going to love it even more. Then only one question reminded - will Compromised follow the same way?

          It most certainly did. The whole complexity of the story and the mysterious moment of it was amazingly done. It wasn't predictable and the whole idea had a great logic in it. Also we get to see character development and the romance between Alley and Shane which melted my heart. It was so deep and innocent at the same time. Truly enjoyable.

         Well, I'm well aware that not everyone will love this story as much, but I dare say I'm a bit biased here too. Anyhow this is surely one of my favorite series and I'm going to get back to it sometime in the future for sure.

       Rating: 5 stars. 

Until the next time,

22 komentara:

  1. I personally love a good chick lit book here and there. I would have pegged this as young adult based on the cover which I like btw.... I think I would like to check this out sometime, it sounds all kinds of fun!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I truly hope you'll give this one a try one day :) Thanks Heidi :)

      Izbriši
  2. I love reading this genre every now and again. I love the complexity of the characters and that you connected and identified with them. Isn't it funny how books we adore are the hardest reviews to write.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes it truly is :) I hope you'll give this one a try :)

      Izbriši
  3. I love finding a book that is immensely special and your love for this book comes through so clearly with your review. Great one, Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. ok whaat? How have I not heard of this series before? The covers are cute! Just added them to my TBR pile! I love that the characters are so different, and it's a chick lit too!! Thanks so much for putting this on my radar! Great review!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I adore these covers :) I hope you'll get to read this one Farah! Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  5. It has been awhile since I have read a good chick lit, I think I need to read one now!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I hadn't seen this series before but it looks interesting. The cover is pretty cute. will have to check it out since you gave it 5 stars :) Thanks for your review Tanja!

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm glad you like it Janhvi :) Thank you so much :)

      Izbriši
  7. Thanks for the early Christmas gift!! Lol! Glad you enjoyed it:)

    Leah and Meg

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. You know what, I completely understand the feeling of not wanting to talk about a book that is really special to you. While also wanting to gush at the same time. I'm so glad Compromised lived up to your expectations, Tanja. You've definitely made me curious about this series now! Fantastic review as always. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm so glad you understand my feelings ;) Thank you so much Sam :)

      Izbriši
  9. I've not seen much of this series, but I'm glad you're enjoying it Tanja!

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. This sounds like a really great series and I'm glad you're loving it so much. Great review.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I'm not familiar with this series at all. But your review has me very curious. Great review, Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...