29. pro 2013.

ARC Review: The Sharpest Blade by Sandy Williams

Buy this book at 
Author's 

Book summary: 
Torn between two worlds.Torn between two lives.
McKenzie Lewis’s ability to read the shadows has put her—and …those she loves—in harm’s way again and again. The violence must end, but will the cost of peace be more devastating than anyone ever imagined?
After ten years of turmoil, the life McKenzie has always longed for may finally be within her grasp. No one is swinging a sword at her head or asking her to track the fae, and she finally has a regular—albeit boring—job. But when a ruthless enemy strikes against her friends, McKenzie abandons her attempt at normalcy and rushes back to the Realm.
With the fae she loves and the fae she’s tied to pulling her in different directions, McKenzie must uncover the truth behind the war and accept the painful sacrifices that must be made to end it. Armed with dangerous secrets and with powerful allies at her side, her actions will either rip the Realm apart—or save it.
         For a book that brought the love for Urban Fantasy to me I truly wanted to have an amazing ending. This series will always remain special to me and gladly I can say that the final sequel was a satisfying one. But onto the story first.

        When I first opened The Shadow Reader earlier this year I changed my mind about Urban Fantasy as  a genre. I felt closer to it and I was truly able to enjoy it. The first book in this series was something that I enjoyed so much and while McKenzie is an character I loved reading about I must also mention Aren the guy that had me from the book one. Then in The Shattered Dark many twists and turns happened, but mostly that book left us with enormous cliffhanger and desire to get this one as soon as possible. You can only imagine my happiness when I got approved for it.

         I cannot tell you much about the events that occurred here as it'd spoil the previous books for you, but McKenize is torn between many things. Her normal life and the Realm, which never seems to be far. Then the whole war in Realm is something troubling her and every fae she cares for is in the middle of it. She must find the balance.

        This book started with some ups and downs. At first I had some troubles with this kind of love triangle and the whole situation between the three. But then at some point this book took the right pace and started going the best way. I loved the action and romance. Which all reached its peak at the end and left me in tears. It's hard to let go of this one but hell it was such an amazing ride!

Rating: 4 stars. 

Until the next time,

***NOTE: Copy of this book was kindly provided by the publisher, Ace , via NetGalley. Thank you. 
I'm not paid for writing this review - I do it as a lover of written word. All opinions are personal. 

23 komentara:

  1. Yay, I'm glad that this was a satisfying end for an awesome series for you! I love it when a series that has really affected me as a reader and a person ends well, because that's actually pretty hard to do. Picky reader, what can I say. ;) McKenzie sounds like an awesome main character! I'm glad that the book ended up being good despite that iffy love triangle in the beginning!

    Lovely review! <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I love it too! :) I hope you'll get to read this book. Thank you Aneeqah :)

      Izbriši
  2. I am glad this had an ending you were happy with!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I don't read a lot of urban fantasy anymore, but I do enjoy it. I'm glad The Sharpest Blade met your expectations!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. I'm not a very big fan of Urban Fantasy, but I've heart great things about this book many times. I think I have it somewhere on my Kindle. Every time I come across a review of it I tell myself it is a must-read and I should get to it as soon as possible. Thanks for reminding me I need to read this series! :)

    Oana @All Fantasy Worlds

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I truly hope you'll get to read it as it's truly worth reading. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  5. Yes, 2013 has been the year Tanja experimented with, read and loved Urban Fantasy and I'm glad you did. This does sound like a great series and it's even great that you are loving it so much. Yay, I'm happy for you! Lovely review!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Oh noessss I am behind. I read book one in 2013, I need to catch up. I am glad this worked for you.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I'm so glad this series got you excited about the UF genre Tanja! It took me a little while to get into the genre as well, but now it's one of my very favorites, though I haven't tried this series. I'll have to change that! I'm glad that despite a rocky start to this last installment, it ended on a high note (at least I hope those were happy tears and not sad ones!).

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes they were happy tears. It was hard to let go. Hope you'll get to read this one Jenny. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  8. I read the first book when it first came out and really enjoyed it. I should get back to the series now that the series is ending. I'm glad that despite a rough start, this book was a satisfying conclusion to the series, Tanja.
    Lovely review.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I truly hope you'll get to read the rest of this series soon. Thanks Nick :)

      Izbriši
  9. I read the first book and loved it! But then I heard the 2nd had a cliffhanger so I held off reading it. Now it's time to pick it up because I believe I have an e-arc of this one, or I was approved anyway. Glad it wrapped up pretty well!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll enjoy both books then. I have no doubt you'll read them soon. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  10. Ever since you started reviewing these books, I've really been wanting to check them out :) I still do! Great review Tanja, I definitely need to get my hands on book 1.

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll get to read this series. Thanks Janina :)

      Izbriši
  11. I've never heard of this series but they really have pretty covers :) Plus, the synopsis sounds amazing-I LOVE romance like that.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. Great recommendation, I'm looking forward to new urban fantasy series because I love this genre so much. Great review
    Deyse @ http://deysesays.wordpress.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...