3. svi 2013.

The Shadow Reader by Sandy Williams

Buy the book at 

Author's 

Book summary:

There can only be one allegiance.
It’s her time to choose.


Some humans can see the fae. McKenzie Lewis can track them, reading the shadows they leave behind. But some shadows lead to danger. Others lead to lies.

A Houston college student trying to finish her degree, McKenzie has been working for the fae king for years, tracking vicious rebels who would claim the Realm. Her job isn’t her only secret. For just as long, she’s been in love with Kyol, the king’s sword-master—and relationships between humans and fae are forbidden.

But any hope for a normal life is shattered when she’s captured by Aren, the fierce and uncompromising rebel leader. He teaches her the forbidden fae language and tells her dark truths about the Court, all to persuade her to turn against the king. Time is running out, and as the fight starts to claim human lives, McKenzie has no choice but to decide once and for all whom to trust and where she ultimately stands in the face of a cataclysmic civil war.

    I was avoiding Urban Fantasy for a long time. Let's just say I haven't had such a great experience with Georgina Kincaid series and considering that was Richelle Mead whose writing I love. Well it all made me thing that Urban Fantasy wasn't for me. I gave up too soon, unfortunately. This book was on my to read list for too long and this year I put it into my 2013-TBR-challenge. I just can say that I missed a lot. This book was beyond awesome for me. I probably put it on my to-read list because of some great reviews not realizing that it was UF.

      McKenzie is an kick-ass girl that I've been waiting for too long. I've always been reading about some teenage kick-ass girls but this one was a college student. Total win! She is able to see the fae and because of that she has been working for the fae king for years. Now it was time to take a break and get her life back. She has lost her family and friends and she was determined to get a degree and her life under control. But the problem was that she was too precious for fae world and she couldn't run away from them. She could read a shadow that fae leaves behind and track them which would get them into danger. Even though Kyol has been more than a friend for her it was time to pull that all off as the relationships between fae and humans were forbidden. But there is that other side of the fae world where not everyone support the king. They get McKenzie and she meets the other side too.

      Even though there was that love-triangle thing really because of everything else I could live with it. Aren is getting high on my book-boyfriends list. I'm dying to read a sequel and get a sight of that boy again. This is something that I'll try to continue asap. This fantasy world is really enjoyable and the writing is great.

Rating: 5 stars.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 20:

  1. Oooh! I've been wanting to check out this book for a while :) So glad you like it! I love kick ass character female leads! Makes me want to get my hands on a copy.

    Janina @ Synchonized Reading

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. You'll love it! McKenzie is a really great character. I can't wait to continue the series :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  2. I'm glad you finally found an urban fantasy series which stood out for you Tanja and a love triangle that didn't bug the heck out of you. Great review, I may have to consider giving this book a try when I'm in the right mood for it! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes and it was so good! I can't wait to meet others :) Thanks. I really hope you'll get to read this cause you'll enjoy it :)

      Izbriši
  3. Oh fae! I'm deff intrigued! I love urban fantasy, but I dont read much adult UF for some odd reason. Thanks for introducing me to this one. Great review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. You must read this..it's not too adult ;) I hope you'll get to read it. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  4. Glad that McKenzie stepped up and was the kickass character you've been longing for.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I'm so glad you gave UF another try Tanja! I'm a huge UF fan (even though I haven't been reading much of it lately), so I'm always on the lookout for a new series to start. I haven't read this book, but it's on my list now and I can't wait to meet Aren! One can never have too many book boyfriends, am I right?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes I know a lot of people like UF but I was scared of reading it. I hope you'll get to read this one! It's really great. You're absolutely right ;)

      Izbriši
  6. Well, the girl does sound kickass and that cover is kickass too! I'm glad this was an awesome read for you and UF is a new almost fav genre for you. Nice review, Tanja!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Yay, you've finally converted to urban fantasy! Want to start praying to UF gods with me? :D
    I usually hate love triangles, and I wasn't entirely comfortable with this one either, but the rest of the story more than made up for it
    Great review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes just introduce me to them! ;) I need a guide :D
      Yeah me too...but I could live with it :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  8. This sounds amazing! McKenzie sounds like an awesome character and I love the storyline for the book. Great review :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes McKenzie is an amazing character! I hope you'll get to read this book. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  9. I bought this a while ago and it's just been sitting on my Kindle, Tanja. I was reluctant to pick up UF in the past, too, but I have since learned that I love it. I need to read this ASAP after reading this great review! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Oh you must read it then Rachel! :) I'm so glad that I've read this book. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did! :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  10. I really cannot WAIT to read this because I've heard so many good things about it and your high rating has me scrambling to read it already. It sounds amazing and as a lover of all things UF, I can't wait! :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I really hope you'll get to read it soon. I mean you love UF I think you'll enjoy this one too. Thanks :)

      Izbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...