25. pro 2013.

Waiting on Wednesday (#76)



You know the story. This is a meme created by Breaking the Spine and every week we pick books we're waiting for. Here are our picks for this week.

Glass' pick

After breaking up with her bad-news boyfriend, Reagan O’Neill is ready to leave her rebellious ways behind. . . and her best friend, country superstar Lilah Montgomery, is nursing a broken heart of her own. Fortunately, Lilah’s 24-city tour is about to kick off, offering a perfect opportunity for a girls-only summer of break-up ballads and healing hearts. But when Matt Finch joins the tour as its opening act, his boy-next-door charm proves difficult for Reagan to resist, despite her vow to live a drama-free existence. This summer, Reagan and Lilah will navigate the ups and downs of fame and friendship as they come to see that giving your heart to the right person is always a risk worth taking. A fresh new voice in contemporary romance, Emery Lord’s gorgeous writing hits all the right notes.



Expected publication: April 22nd, 2014

Tanja's pick
She’s searching for answers to her past. They’re hunting her to save their future.

World War III has left the world ravaged by nuclear radiation. A lucky few escaped to the Alaskan wilderness. They've survived for the last thirty years by living off the land, being one with nature, and hiding from whoever else might still be out there.

At least, this is what Juneau has been told her entire life.

When Juneau returns from a hunting trip to discover that everyone in her clan has vanished, she sets off to find them. Leaving the boundaries of their land for the very first time, she learns something horrifying: There never was a war. Cities were never destroyed. The world is intact. Everything was a lie.

Now Juneau is adrift in a modern-day world she never knew existed. But while she's trying to find a way to rescue her friends and family, someone else is looking for her. Someone who knows the extraordinary truth about the secrets of her past.

Expected publication: May 6th, 2014

We'd love to see your picks so feel free to link them up.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 20:

  1. Yay! I downloaded a copy of After the End the second it showed up and I can't wait to read it. I just love Amy Plum so much!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I've been meaning to read Plum for awhile, so maybe I'll finally get around to her with her latest. Great picks, ladies!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I know the feeling girl. I haven't read any of her stories either :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  3. Both look good, hope you get to read soon and have a merry christmas

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Ooo I like both of your picks this week! Merry Christmas!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Hmm, I'm not really familiar with the first one, but I have the second one! I loved Amy Plum's Revenant series, so I am really excited to read her "Juneau" book. She had so much fun teasing us readers when she was writing this book! :D

    Happy holidays!

    Check out my WoW post!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Open Road Summer sounds awesome! And I have an arc of After The End that I can't wait to read. I hope you both enjoy reading your picks!
    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Yes yes yes I am so excited for after the end. Great picks!!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I can't wait for After the End too, Tanja, I did not like Amy Plum's debut series but this sounds promising. Plus, that cover is gorgeous!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I haven't read her debut series so I have no idea what to expect. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  9. I want to read both of these so baaaaaaaad! Especially Open Road Summer. I NEED that book!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...