7. lis 2013.

Confiscated by Leah Spiegel & Meg Summers

Buy the book at Amazon
Author's 

Book summary:
Investigating is not really Alley’s thing; however it is her best friend Val’s. So when Alley gets an unexpected phone call in the middle of the night from Val explaining that another one of her crazy plans has backfired, Alley springs to action to save her best friend once again. Alley doesn’t understand Val’s fascination with trying to figure out who the next student popping pills is until someone starts a rumor that it was Alley who had been snooping around for details. In a twist Alley never saw coming, she suddenly faces consequences for whoever started the treacherous lie, and this time the possible suspect is out for blood. With the help of her other sidekicks, they discover who is really calling all the shots and to their horror they realize who has really been taking the drugs. 
           My luck appeared once more when I became the part of the tour for Uninvited and after enjoying the first book so much you can only imagine how I felt when I found the two remaining books of the series in my mailbox. Over the moon doesn't even start to cover it.

           In Uninvited we met Alley who might be me in some other life. She is the witty one who doesn't spend her time only for shopping but at the same time she doesn't judge others for doing that. She might not be the queen bee as her best friend Val but that doesn't stop them from being best friends. This time Val is the one that started some problems with her tries to become a detective. Only this time Shane can't let them go deeper into the case as it might get to dangerous. Ally is aware of that and she tries to let everything go but the trouble has its way of finding her. Soon enough she sees that the things are much more dangerous that any of them believed and once again they must stick together. When you add Shane's hot and cold moments you see that she has had enough of everything. Unfortunately universe is not a really good listener.

            It surprised me how much I enjoyed this story, as much or if not more than Uninvited. Alley is growing and she is starting to change from a girl to a woman and trying to get her feelings in order. Others aren't helping her which gets her weaknesses out and that makes her real. Shane at the other hand tries to balance everything and even though he is hot and cold it's because he doesn't know what to do. He is supposed to be the older and smarter one here but he is only a boy too.

             This all leaves us with book three - Compromised in which I'll unfortunately have to say goodbye to these lovely characters. I'm not ready to do that just yet though. Some time soon maybe...

Rating: 5 stars.

Until the next time,


34 komentara:

  1. It is always so nice when you find a series and characters that surprise you and you end up falling in love with. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I was also part of the tour unfortunately I didn't enjoy the first one as much as you did :|

    Lovely review, hun! <33

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I love it when a series just continues to impress me, so that says a lot about these books. I haven't read them yet, but at your high recommendation, I'll have to give them a try for sure!(:

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes it's always special :) Hope you will. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  4. I can't believe I haven't come across this series before, it sounds pretty good :) Maybe it's because I don't read too much YA contemporary. But I'm intrigued, and I'll be adding these to my TBR. Great review, Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Probably, so I guess that people who read chick-lit all the time won't like this one as much. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  5. I havent heard of this series before, but you have me totally interested. It sounds so good and I love when the second book is even better than the first. Awesome review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Great to hear about a sequel you enjoyed even more than 1st

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Yay! I love when a sequel is just as strong, if not stronger, than the first book! That's always a good thing, and I'm glad this series is such a hit with you. I'll definitely need to check out book one and meet these characters from the beginning. I hope the next book is everything you want it to be, but I understand waiting on it. I do that too with series I don't want to end!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll. I really love character here and I cannot wait to read the last one. I'll be sad though. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  8. Hi Tanja! :) Oh how awesome, a series that I haven't even heard of before! And a 5-star read?! :) I will definitely be checking it out! So glad the sequel turned out to be even more fun than the first book :) I hate when sequels suffer from middle-book syndrome, but that doesn't seem to be the case here! Thanks so much for introducing me to this series!!!

    Evie @Bookish

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It's always a turn off on the whole series when a sequel is disappointing. Thanks Evie :)

      Izbriši
  9. It is so nice when a series continues to get better and better. And when you receive happily anticipated books in the mail! I'm so glad you enjoyed Confiscated, Tanja. Nice review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Wow, you seem to be reading a lot of five star books lately, Tanja! I'm a bit jealous! :D I don't think I've heard of this series before, so thanks for bringing it to my attention, even though I don't think I'll be giving them a go. It's always so great to see your favorite character being expanded and developed as the series progresses, so I know how you feel about Alley. I love how realistic she sounds: she has her weaknesses, and people BRING out her weaknesses while she's trying to figure things out for herself. Flawlessness is over, mwahaha!

    And, hmm, I'm intrigued by this Shane character. It's great that he was there to maintain balance, not topple it, like so many love interests do. You know a book has left its mark on you when you're both dreading and anticipating the final book! Lovely review, Tanja. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Well it happens, I was in mood when I read only I really wanted to and I needed something good. That's the way it should be, flawlessness is going down!! :)

      No there is not many love interests, only one :) True story. Thanks Meg :)

      Izbriši
  11. Love seeing that five stars. I think the covers for this series are so darn cute, and I am happy to hear that the books are more than just pretty covers!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I love the covers so much and I want to hug them all day long. Thanks Heidi :)

      Izbriši
  12. I added the first to my pile after reading your fabulous review of it. I'm happy to hear this one was great as well!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. The characters sound like such fun, and I love a little witty humor. Wonderful review Tanja :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. I haven't heard of this series before! It sounds really cute. I'm glad you were able to get all the books too! I'm going to keep my eye on this one. Great review!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. Sounds like a fun series- I hadn't heard of it. I'm glad to hear the characters are growing throughout.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. Probably, or me in another life ;) I hope you'll get to it sometime. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. What can I say Tanja? Except that you are awesome:) As one of the co-authors of this series, I can honestly say to know that someone else loves getting lost in the lives of these characters as much as I did when I wrote them, makes my day. You rock. Thanks again!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm happy to hear that! It's really easy to be Alley here and to enjoy all this with her :) Thank you :)

      Izbriši
  18. After reading your Uninvited review, I knew immediately I was going to love this series, and I'm so glad to hear that book two is just as good! It's always SO much better to start a series when you know a trusted blogger is loving the sequels. Looking forward to starting Uninvited so I can get to this one! Lovely review again! :-)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I cannot wait for you to read it! I really hope you'll enjoy it and connect with Alley as much as I did. Thanks :)

      Izbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...