11. velj 2013.

A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest


Buy the book at Amazon

Author's Facebook

Book summary: 


On the evening of Sofia Claremont's seventeenth birthday, she is sucked into a nightmare from which she cannot wake.

A quiet evening walk along a beach brings her face to face with a dangerous pale creature that craves much more than her blood. 
She is kidnapped to an island where the sun is eternally forbidden to shine.
An island uncharted by any map and ruled by the most powerful vampire coven on the planet. She wakes here as a slave, a captive in chains. 
Sofia's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn when she is the one selected out of hundreds of girls to join the harem of Derek Novak, the dark royal Prince. 
Despite his addiction to power and obsessive thirst for her blood, Sofia soon realizes that the safest place on the island is within his quarters, and she must do all within her power to win him over if she is to survive even one more night.
Will she succeed? ...or is she destined to the same fate that all other girls have met at the hands of the Novaks?



       Unfortunately I must admit that I've neglected the vampires lately. Well mostly stories started to look all the same and that annoys me. It happened with contemporary and other genres. Only fantasy is still there to keep my imagination alive. But still that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy nice vampire story.

       But I found myself in the vampire world once again. The story starts with Sofia, the girl who is still between all the crossroads in life and when the one person disappoints her - it hurts a lot. But when the things couldn't get any worse she got kidnapped. Soon she finds herself captivated in the dark place, really dark. So dark that it haven't seen the sun in centuries  Her kidnapper is member of Novak family. That family is the eldest vampire family in the world. Now the time has come and their prince who has been sleeping for years is awake. Derek has to "catch up" with the world and at the same time battle with his needs, feelings, family... Sofia is there to help him, but some things even he can't control.

      This book I've got from the author for review. Thank you Bella. Honestly I had no expectations as such, which is a good thing, because I found myself enjoying this story a lot. It was a fast and really interesting read. I must admit that now I'm really curious about the rest of the story. I want to meet Sofia better as well as the world she discovered. Then there is Drake, who is I must say is an interesting character.

Rating: 4 stars.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 16:

  1. Janhvi liked this one too (as you know already, I see)! So yes, just like you, even I was (or maybe still am) annoyed with the vampire stories that seem(ed) the same to me. BUT, this one really does sound great and I really feel I should have read it instaed of Janhvi! ;) Anyways, I'll get to it sometime. Lovely review, Tanja! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I hope you'll enjoy it too :) You can trust Janhvi and me ;) Thank you :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. This sounds like a different vampire story. Looking forward to reading it!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It's nothing new or innovative but the author wrote a really nice story combining different things :) Great :)

      Izbriši
  4. I just never get tired of vampires. I know I should after all this time, but I don't. I just finished a pretty decent vampire book and I'm about ready for another one.
    Great review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I find myself in the same situations these days too Tanja, I tend to avoid vampire books as I think I devoured too many in one go. There's only a few that I find that are able to leave a great impression with me, so I'm glad A Shade of Vampire was able to do so with you! Lovely review! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thanks Jasprit :) I hope you'll find some good vampire book :)

      Izbriši
  6. I think it's easy to get burnt out on stories that feature a familiar paranormal entity like vampires, and whenever I start to get tired of them I just take a little break and go with a different creature for a while. Still, I always find myself returning to vampires though, there's just something fun about seeing how each author creates their own mythology. Glad you enjoyed this one Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. You're right. But I can't read few vampire books in a row these days :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  7. Drake and Sofia sound like great characters, and I am glad this was a good foray back into the world of vampires.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I just reread Vampire Academy because of INDIGO SPELL, so I'm really in the mood for more vampires, too--how come they've been so neglected in YA lately?! I'm glad to see this is a good one. Thanks for the review!

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Oh that's great! :) I can't wait to start Indigo Spell :) Thank you :)

      Izbriši
  9. I can't believe I haven't heard of this one yet!!!! I'll admit I did get tired of vampires but I'm reading Bloodspell right now, and I am totally in the mood for more! This sounds just great! I really like the sound of the plot and the characters! I can't wait to check this out! I'm glad you enjoyed this Tanja! :D

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Oh I though about reading Bloodspell but I gave up for no reason. :D Thanks girl :)

      Izbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...