30. srp 2014.

Waiting on Wednesday (#106)



You know the story. This is a meme created by Breaking the Spine and every week we pick books we're waiting for. Here are our picks for this week.

Glass' pick

Amber Vaughn is a good girl. She sings solos at church, babysits her nephew after school, and spends every Friday night hanging out at her best friend Devon’s house. It’s only when Amber goes exploring in the woods near her home, singing camp songs with the hikers she meets on the Appalachian Trail, that she feels free—and when the bigger world feels just a little bit more in reach.

When Amber learns about an audition at the North Carolina School of the Arts, she decides that her dream—to sing on bigger stages—could also be her ticket to a new life. Devon’s older (and unavailable) brother, Will, helps Amber prepare for her one chance to try out for the hypercompetitive arts school. But the more time Will and Amber spend together, the more complicated their relationship becomes . . . and Amber starts to wonder if she’s such a good girl, after all.

Then, in an afternoon, the bottom drops out of her family’s world—and Amber is faced with an impossible choice between her promise as an artist and the people she loves. Amber always thought she knew what a good girl would do. But between “right” and “wrong,” there’s a whole world of possibilities.


Expected publication: December 9th 2014

Tanja's pick

The Jewel means wealth. The Jewel means beauty. The Jewel means royalty. But for girls like Violet, the Jewel means servitude. Not just any kind of servitude. Violet, born and raised in the Marsh, has been trained as a surrogate for the royalty—because in the Jewel the only thing more important than opulence is offspring.

Purchased at the surrogacy auction by the Duchess of the Lake and greeted with a slap to the face, Violet (now known only as #197) quickly learns of the brutal truths that lie beneath the Jewel’s glittering facade: the cruelty, backstabbing, and hidden violence that have become the royal way of life.

Violet must accept the ugly realities of her existence... and try to stay alive. But then a forbidden romance erupts between Violet and a handsome gentleman hired as a companion to the Duchess’s petulant niece. Though his presence makes life in the Jewel a bit brighter, the consequences of their illicit relationship will cost them both more than they bargained for.

Expected publication: September 2nd 2014

We'd love to see your picks so feel free to link them up.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 35:

  1. Both sound good, but I definitely pulled more to No Place to Fall.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. No Place to Fall looks so good and The Jewel has such a gorgeous cover. great picks ladies :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I've really looking forward to both of these books, including The Jewel which sounds really opulent and amazing and No Place to Fall as a fun contemporary. Great pick ladies!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Great picks. I'm curious about The Jewel. Hope you read these soon :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I am so excited for both of these! The Jewel is one I instantly compare with The Selection - hopefully the love relations in that book are not as frustrating as in The Selection :)
    Thanks for sharing these both!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I haven't read The Selection so I'm not sure I can compare them. I hope you'll enjoy it :)

      Izbriši
  6. Both sounds good, and hope that you get to read it soon.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I'm currently reading The Jewel and plan to finish it today. So far it's been good and since I'm nearly done I am hoping it stays that way! Nice picks this week.
    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm so happy you're enjoying it. Thanks, Kristin :)

      Izbriši
  8. I'm very excited for both of these books, but especially, No Place to Fall because I adore road trips. I love the cover for The Jewel. I hope the inside is as gorgeous as the outside. :)
    Lovely picks!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Two great choices! I admit, the cover of Jewel totally draws me in.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Very nice picks! No Place to Fall reminds me of the cover for Paper Towns. Thanks for sharing!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. The Jewel looks pretty interesting. I've been seeing that cover going around a lot and I'm really curious about it :)

    Janina
    My WoW!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I really hope you'll get to read it. Thanks, Janina :)

      Izbriši
  12. Oh 2 beautiful covers, the first one is really cute!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. The first book is already on my TBR-list, and I'm dying to read it too! The second sounds just as amazing! Definitely going to my TBR-list!
    Great picks! Here's mine: http://inmysecretbookworld.blogspot.se/2014/07/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. Jewel is getting lots of buzz because of the cover. I think the other one sunds cute. I will watch for them both.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. I actually own ARCs of both these books and have heard nothing about the former, though Jewel has been receiving mixed reviews so far. I'm curious about both of them and rather like the covers, so I can't wait to see what you ladies make of these titles as well! Great picks! :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I really hope you'll enjoy both. Thanks, Keertana :)

      Izbriši
  16. I can't wait to read No Place To Fall! I still haven't decided if I want to read The Jewel. I hope you both enjoy your picks this week.
    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll enjoy No Place to Fall. Thanks, Sandra :)

      Izbriši
  17. Great picks, I had picked The Jewel for my WOW a few weeks ago too :D

    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  18. Hope you'll enjoy them. Thanks, Samantha :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...