10. srp 2014.

Cry No More by Linda Howard


Buy the book:
Author's:

Publication date:  January, 2003

My rating: 5 stars

Book summary: 


"Fueled by an obsession to fill the void in other people’s lives, Milla Edge finds lost children—all the while trying to outrun the brutal emotions stemming from a tragedy in her past. Traveling to a small village in Mexico on a reliable tip, Milla begins to uncover the dire fate of countless children who have disappeared in the labyrinth of a sinister baby-smuggling ring. The key to nailing down the organization may rest with an elusive one-eyed man. As Milla’s search for him intensifies, the mission becomes more treacherous. For the ring is part of something far larger and more dangerous, reaching the highest echelons of power. Racing into peril, Milla suddenly finds herself the hunted—in the crosshairs of an invisible, lethal assassin who aims to silence her permanently."


http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/187500.Cry_No_More?from_search=true

      Thank you, Blacky. As I have been told, the best way to cure bad case of a reading slump is to read genres and authors that wouldn't usually be your first choice. So, I did just that - thanks to wonderful Blacky from Goodreads, I got Linda Howard bug. My favorite are romantic suspense novels and out of those that I have read so far, Cry No More is the one that left me completely speechless.

      Why I love this book? Oh, where to start... How about because of everything? Let me put it like this - this is Kristen Ashley kind of story but without all of the annoying and bad things that are unavoidable in her novels. There is mystery, there is epic love story, angst and emotional breakdowns, action, amazing characters...

      Story. Linda Howard is a good with putting everything that makes a good story on the paper. Cry No More is a heartbreaking tale about a woman who doesn't give up and the strongest kind of love there is - the one that connects mother to her child. In 1993 Milla's six weeks old son was abducted. Ten years later she is leading group called Finders who help find missing people and she is still looking for her son. This is not a romance with alpha male that will save a day and get the girl. Main focus of the story is on Milla and her inner struggle. Yes, there is a love interest, but not of  the kind you will expect.

      Characters. If you are sick of thirty year old women acting like teenage girls and drama queens, I think that you should read this. Both Milla and Diaz were believable characters, portrayed with positive and negative sides. I was especially intrigued by Diaz because it took me a while to decide if he was a good or a bad guy. 

      Who should read Cry No More? Fans of a strong female characters, a good story that will keep your attention until the very last page, everyone who wants to read something a little bit more "grown up".

Happy reading,

Broj komentara: 20:

  1. I love strong female characters and am most definitely tired of alpha males, so I'll be checking this one out for sure, Glass! Thanks for putting it on my radar--also, glad you're out of your reading slump! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. You're welcome, Keertana. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.

      Izbriši
  2. I haven't heard of this one but I immediately thought strong female character and sure enough that's how you described them so that's great! I'm glad that aspect pulled through and the rest sounds pretty good as well.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It is amazing book, Alise. I'm happy that I decided to read it.

      Izbriši
  3. *high fives*

    I personally think this is the best I've read by Howard. I think it's so much more different from her 'usual' stuff and is so much more emotional. Both Milla and Diaz are wonderful characters and I especially love Diaz. He is similar to Howard's other male characters but at the same time, he's different. Which is why he may just be my favorite! :D

    You know what else I loved? I loved how the 'previous' marriage wasn't a horrible one. I loved that the two HAD been in love and I had adored the prologue even though I loved Diaz.

    It makes me so happy to see you enjoyed this and that the Linda Howard bug has caught you! :D I am actually trying to step back into Linda Howard and am currently reading a book by her (it's been a while)!

    Lovely review, Glass!!

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Oh, I completely forgot to mention whole marriage thing - I agree with you. And yes, Diaz is something special.

      Thank you!:)

      Izbriši
  4. That is so awesome that you tried a book that isn't your first pick genre. This sounds like it has some great characterizations. I like reading romantic suspense novels from time to time, so I might give this one a shot one of these days.
    I'm glad you were able to love this so much, Glass.
    Lovely review! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you, Nick.
      I loved that it was different from all romantic suspense novels I've read so far. I think you'll like it too.

      Izbriši
  5. I love a good strong adult read with strong characters. This sounds fabulous Glass and I am so glad you loved it.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Then you should definitely read Cry No More. Thanks for stopping by.

      Izbriši
  6. Oh yes I like this author as well, I think I read a few in French but I should try again because this one sounds really good.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. From all of her novels I've read so far, this one is my favorite - it's a little bit different, you'll see.

      Izbriši
  7. OHHH this sounds wonderful! I'm glad that the characters really act like adults and that there's character growth since Milla has inner demons to fight. Also, yay for a good romance :) So glad you enjoyed, Glass!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. This sounds like a great book :) I've not heard of it before, but I love a little mystery and angst! I'll definitely have to look more into the book and I know all about those reading slumps. Anyways, great review!

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you, Janina.
      This is great choice if you want to read something different from what you'd usually pick.

      Izbriši
  9. Sounds like you're really enjoying more adult characters lately Glass, and I'm glad you found something that works during your reading slump! This sounds really good, especially with the characters acting their age.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I am, Jeann. That's probably something that comes with getting older, LOL. :)

      Izbriši
  10. Hahaha! "Thirty year olds acting like teenagers." Well, this sounds like a nice read and I'm glad it defies the previous statement. Strong female characters make for wonderful reads and it's always amazing to see a woman stand up for herself. I'll be keeping an eye out for this book. Great review, Glass!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I love strong female characters, Glass, and suspenseful reads. I usually like a more prominent romance but I can overlook that if the story is really good. Wonderful review! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...