19. srp 2014.

(ARC Review) Lead Me Not by A. Meredith Walters

 
Buy the book: 
Author's: 


Publication date: August 5th, 2014

My rating: 4 stars

Book summary:


"Aubrey Duncan understands loss. She knows what rock bottom looks like, and she is determined to crawl back up to the top after the sudden death of her younger sister. She blames herself for her part in the tragedy, convinced that she could have done something, anything, to help her.

In her effort to gain redemption, Aubrey starts fresh at Longwood University and facilitates an addiction support group, hoping she can support someone else in the way she failed her sister. But what she doesn’t count on is an all-consuming fascination with group member Maxx Demelo, a gorgeous, blond, blue-eyed enigma who hides dark secrets behind a carefully constructed mask. He only reveals what he wants others to see. But Aubrey glimpses another Maxx hidden below the surface—a Maxx who is drowning in his own personal hell.

As Aubrey and Maxx develop an attraction too intense to ignore, he pulls her into the dark underbelly of the city club scene, where she is torn by her desire to save him and an inexplicable urge to join him in his downward spiral. Worst of all, she is beginning to love everything she should run away from—a man who threatens to ignite in her a fire that could burn her alive…"


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18846662-lead-me-not

      Lead Me Not was my first book by A. Meredith Walters and it was a love at first reading. Beautiful and heartbreaking story about a girl who falls for a wrong guy will be a perfect choice for fans of new adult genre.

      Feels like there's something broken inside... I've been listening new Coldplay album last few days and one of their songs was absolutely perfect as a soundtrack for this book - Ink. Aubrey and Maxx are definition of doomed couple - one thing that connects them is the one that will destroy them. Aubrey is trying to make up for all her mistakes from past and Maxx lives in delusion that he is in control of his life and addiction. She can't say no to him and he can't say no to the drugs. Vicious circle all the way until the end. You are frustrated with how thoughtless Aubrey acts sometimes, but emotions are not the rational  part of human behavior and when it comes to the people we love, none of us can say that they are one hundred percent objective. Maxx is not bad guy and that is the worst part of whole situation - you can see what he can be and you even understand his reasoning for everything he had done. Lead Me Not is a story that will make your heart hurt.

      So what if there are few clichés? Like every new adult novel, this one is full of angst, bad decisions, forbidden love and drama, but still it's nothing that will bother anyone who loves NA. It is even "mellow"  when you compare it with some other novels.

      This is not a standalone. Nope, there will be a sequel, it should be published next year and I can't wait to see what will happen with Maxx and Aubrey.

Happy reading,
  *NOTE: Copy of this book was kindly provided by the publisher, Gallery Books, via Edelweiss. Thank you!

Broj komentara: 12:

  1. Sounds delicious(; I wouldn't be happy that there was a sequel though... I usually feel the NA books get stretched out into series unnecessarily. Great review!
    Esty @ Boarding with Books

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Ooh love at first reading? I love when that happens to me! I'm glad to hear this is a NA that charmed you and was mild in the cliche department (seems like most NA books these days bang you over the head with them). I definitely need to check this out, it sounds great! Lovely review :-)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. The beauty and heartache from this story sounds great, I need to look into this one more.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Yay for well written and great NAs that grab you from the very beginning!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Great review Glass, I really need to read more NA Books I think so I can take a bit of a break from the YA. It sounds like this would be a really emotional book with how Aubrey and Maxx are addicted to certain things.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Ohoh, I'm not sure about it. I don't think I like books that make my heart hurt. xd Cry? Fine. Make my heart hurt? Not so much, ''unfortunately.'' Aubrey sounds like a normal/likeable main character though. Great review, Glass. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I really think I should start reading NA so I can experience this love at first reading that has been going on. I'm up for heartbreaking reads though and I'd definitely pick this one up. Lovely review, Glass! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I love it when I hit it off with an author's writing style right away. I don't particularly enjoy clichés, but can get past them if the story is good. And, I also expect from from this genre. Lovely review, Glass!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Oh, well, I'm not a big New Adult fan, so I'm not so sure about this one. I do love myself some angst every now and then, though, so maybe I'll look into this one a bit more. :) I love those heart-pinching reads! Awesome review, Glass!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. This sounds wonderful and like my kind of read! I love my new adult reads, even if they all follow some of the same cliche's. Great review!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. When I first read the blurb, I thought for sure this was going to be yet another one of those cliche NA books, but looks like it wasn't! The fact that it's a story about how a girl falls for the wrong guy shows that it's different, which I like. Honestly, I'm getting so tired of all these "girl falls for bad boy with troubled past" books that end with a happily ever after. Or maybe I'm just being cynical again. :P

    "Lead Me Not is a story that will make your heart hurt." -- I love these kinds of stories. I practically have a heart of steel, so every time I read a review that says "YOU WILL SUFFER FROM THE FEELS," I look at it as a challenge to accept, lol. Yup, I like that this book is probably going to break my heart.

    I don't mind angst just as long as it is done well and not in an overbearing kind of way. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay was one book where the angst was very nicely done, and drew me closer to the characters instead of making me hate them. So I'm glad that the angst worked well here as well!

    Lovely review, Glass! I hadn't heard of this book before, so thanks for putting it on my radar. I hope the sequel is just as good, or even better, than this one. :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. I have heard a lot about this author but I never read the books. I'm glad this was a nice experience for you. You've tempted me to go listen to Coldplay's album now. The cliches have me in doubt but I guess that's what goes into making NA, NA. Beautiful review, Glass!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...