16. srp 2014.

Waiting on Wednesday (#104)



You know the story. This is a meme created by Breaking the Spine and every week we pick books we're waiting for. Here are our picks for this week.

Glass' pick

Sometimes wrong can feel oh so right . . .

Jenna Lacombe needs complete control, whether it's in the streets . . . or between the sheets. So when she sets out on a solo road trip to visit her family in New Orleans, she's beyond annoyed that the infuriatingly sexy Jack Oliver wants to hitch a ride with her. Ever since they shared a wild night together last year, he's been trying to strip away her defenses one by one. He claims he's just coming along to keep her safe-but what's notsafe for her is prolonged exposure to the tattooed hottie.

Jack can't get Jenna out from under his skin. She makes him feel alive again after his old life nearly destroyed him-and losing her is not an option. Now Jack's troubles are catching up to him, and he's forced to return to his hometown in Louisiana. But when his secrets put them both in harm's way, Jenna will have to figure out how far she's willing to let love in . . . and how much she already has.

Expected publication: September 2nd 2014

Tanja's pick

“Miss Rook, I am not an occultist,” Jackaby said. “I have a gift that allows me to see truth where others see the illusion--and there are many illusions. All the world’s a stage, as they say, and I seem to have the only seat in the house with a view behind the curtain.”

Newly arrived in New Fiddleham, New England, 1892, and in need of a job, Abigail Rook meets R. F. Jackaby, an investigator of the unexplained with a keen eye for the extraordinary--including the ability to see supernatural beings. Abigail has a gift for noticing ordinary but important details, which makes her perfect for the position of Jackaby’s assistant. On her first day, Abigail finds herself in the midst of a thrilling case: A serial killer is on the loose. The police are convinced it’s an ordinary villain, but Jackaby is certain it’s a nonhuman creature, whose existence the police--with the exception of a handsome young detective named Charlie Cane--deny.


Expected publication: September 16th 2014

We'd love to see your picks so feel free to link them up.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 79:

  1. I'm excited for JACKABY! First off, the COVER! And the synopsis is pretty interesting as well!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I really hope you'll get tot read it. Thanks, Rachel :)

      Izbriši
  2. Ooh, these both look good. Nice picks!!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I've planned to read the books from the Finding Fate series but I don't really want to read the first one meanwhile the second and third seem really great. I'm really excited for Jackaby, I heard about it a week or so ago and I just can't wait for it to come out!
    Nice picks :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I really hope you'll enjoy Jackaby :) Thanks, Veronika :)

      Izbriši
  4. Right Kind Of Wrong doesn't sound like my kind of read but Jackaby sounds like it could be really interesting. I also really love the cover. Great picks.
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. These are both new to me and both sound great. I still need to read something by Chelsea Fine. Jackaby has a neat cover. A historical paranormal mystery. Very intriguing. Thanks for stopping by!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I really hope you'll get to read them. Thanks Jennifer :)

      Izbriši
  6. Can't wait for Chelsea Fine's upcoming contemp romance as well! And the cover for Jackaby looks GORGEOUS. I'm gonna have to check it out. great picks!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. These both sound really good. I am especially taken by the cover of Jackaby :)
    Thanks for sharing these :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. They're both new to me but I love the second cover, really pretty!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I still to read the first book by Chelsea Fine, Best Kind of Broken, but I'm adding this to my TBR as well. And the second suggestion - the cover is beautiful and the blurb sounds intriguing! Thanks for sharing :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Great picks! I'm super excited for both of these!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. both are new to me but sounds interesting and I hope you're able to read it soon. Happy hump day!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. Right Kind of Wrong is my kinda read but Jackaby looks interesting too! great picks ladies! :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. I haven't heard of Jackaby before but my interest is certainly piqued now!!
    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. Jackaby is the sort of book I'd buy just for the cover. I haven't read the description properly yet, but I already want it haha. ;) And I hope you like Right Kind of Wrong, Glass!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. LOL I requested it just based on the cover, so it's cool, girl :)

      Izbriši
  15. I'm excited about Jackaby! And you can't go wrong with an "infuriatingly sexy" guy either, right??
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. These are great picks. I cant wait to start Jackaby.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. Thehee!! Everyone loved the first book in Fine's series. Nereyda being a huge fangirl. I can't wait to see what you think, Glass! Alsooo, Tanja, I haven't seen your pick around at all, but I love that cover. So complex yet so simple. Totaly amazing! And it sounds like it could be your kind of read :) I hope you girls enjoy!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm so glad you like both of these. Thanks, dear :)

      Izbriši
  18. I need to read the Chelsea Fine NA series soon! They look like so much fun.
    Also, I'm excited to read Jackaby as well. Love that cover so much.
    Great picks, ladies! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  19. Jackaby sounds SO good! I'm really excited for that one especially.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  20. Jackaby sounds SO freaking good! I hadn't heard of it, but now I'm dying to read it!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  21. i've been hearing great things about chelsea fine's NA and i have a couple of her titles in my kindle but have yet to read them... sigh. awesome picks :)

    hope you can stop by my WoW Post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  22. I've heard some really good things about Jackababy! :) I love that cover and i can't wait to read it either :)

    Here’s My WoW

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  23. I don't know too much about either of these books, but I've seen them around quite a bit lately and they seem to be getting a lot of attention with bloggers lately, so I'm curious to see what you make of them. Wonderful picks, ladies! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll give them a try. Thanks, Keertana :)

      Izbriši
  24. Haven't heard of either of those! Jackaby sounds really interesting! Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Hugs,
    Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  25. Right Kind of Wrong sounds like a good contemp romance. Jackaby looks really interesting. I hope you both enjoy reading your picks this week.
    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  26. I've not heard of Right Kind of Wrong but I have seen the cover to Jackaby before. It looks pretty interesting :) Great picks!

    Janina
    My WoW!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  27. I haven't read any of Chelsea Fine's books yet, but I do have the first one in that series! I'm really looking forward to reading it. :) Jackaby's cover intrigues me, but I never looked into it until now. It sounds interesting!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  28. Ooh! I love the cover of Jackaby. He and Abigail remind me of Sherlock and Watson but with a supernatural twist. That's got my attention!
    Great picks! I would love to read your review of Jackaby if you ever get to read it Tanja.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. That's a really good guess ;) Thanks, and my review will go up closer to the PD :)

      Izbriši
  29. Both sound good. Especially Right Kind of Wrong!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  30. Oh both of these books sound brilliant ladies! I think that Jackaby would be more my sort of read though, I love the mystery sound of it and the cover is gorgeous!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  31. Ahhh, I still have not read anything by Chelsea Fine! I do like the sound of her novels though, despite the fact that they are NA novels. I hope you enjoy these two when you read them!

    Have a great rest-of-the-week!

    Check out my WoW post!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  32. Jackaby sounds really good! And I haven't heard of Right Kind of Wrong, but I hope you enjoy them both :)

    -Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  33. Oh Chelsea Fine, I think there's another book of her's that I want to check out!
    And YES JACKABY! I'm so in love with the cover, haha. Great picks, ladies!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  34. I was so close to picking Jackaby today! :P It sounds so good, I can't wait to read it. Haven't heard of the other but the romance seems really interesting ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  35. Oooh... I love both picks! I need to read one of Chelsea's books!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  36. These are both great picks, but I'm especially interested in "Jackaby", which I'm also waiting on. This novel has such a unique and wonderful plot! And that cover is sure stunning!

    Thanks for featuring these books, as well as for commenting on my own WOW post!! : )

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I really hope you'll get a chance to read it. Thanks, Maria :)

      Izbriši
  37. These are wonderful picks! I've heard about "Jackaby," but never "Right Kind of Wrong." They both sounds very interesting! I'll be adding them to my TBR. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  38. Both these sound so good, excuse me while I add them to my TBR!
    =)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  39. Ooh, I haven't heard of Right Side of Wrong but it sounds really interesting! I'm terribly excited for Jackaby! It looks so good, and I love the cover! :D Great picks!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  40. Great picks,they both look interesting :D

    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  41. Great picks! Jackaby looks especially interesting to me.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...