16. ožu 2014.

(Quote of the Week) Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning


I read whole Fever series by Karen Marie Moning in one week and I was left speechless - that is probably one of the best urban fantasy series I have ever read. I am counting days until next novel. Today I decided to share one of my favorite quotes from the second novel, Bloodfever.


"I don’t know where dreams come from. Sometimes I wonder if they’re genetic memories, or messages from something divine. Warnings perhaps. Maybe we do come with an instruction booklet but we’re too dense to read it, because we’ve dismissed it as the irrational waste product of the ‘rational’ mind. Sometimes I think all the answers we need are buried in our slumbering subconscious, int he dreaming. The booklet right there, and ever night when we lay our heads down on the pillow it flips open. The wise read it, heed it. The rest of us try as hard as we can upon awakening to forget any disturbing revelations we might have found there."




Don't be shy and tell me what do you think? Do you agree with this? Are we, humans, so afraid of everything that we can't explain that we push it away in this little black box called "irrational"?  And what about our instincts? Have you ever found yourself in the situation when you just knew that something was wrong or that you should do something?


Broj komentara: 26:

  1. Glass, confession time. I own the entire series and i have never read them. *runs and hides*

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'll find you Kim!!! You need to read this! :)

      Izbriši
    2. Oh, no you didn't!
      Yes, Kim, don't make us come to find you. :)

      Izbriši
  2. I'm with Kimba. I have several of these books and haven't made the time to start them. Maybe that will be my next "project" after BDB. Thanks for sharing the quote!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Andrea, I know that you'd like this series, you need to read them as soon as possible.

      Izbriši
  3. Oh well. So Freud said that in dreams we manifest our inner wishes from the unconsciousness or (unresolved) conflicts from the past. And that it usually comes in weird symbols. Many theories have been developed in the past century, but I think I still like Freud's interpretation. I just love Freud. And these days my dreams are really nice. Like my unconsciousness is sending me everything that I miss (like my cat) in dreams that feel very very real :) Great quote btw!! :) :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I have love/hate relationship with Freud's theories, especially that whole thing about females, frustration and envy. Bloody bastard!

      Izbriši
  4. I have seen a lot of hype surrounding this series, will check it out soon!

    Thanks for sharing, Glass! <33

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I've never (that I recall) been in a situation that I felt like something was wrong, like something bad was going to happen, BUT I do get feelings about people. And they're seldom wrong. That being said, yes absolutely, we push things like that aside (or I do anyway) b/c even though I've gotten impressions of people that have been spot-in my entire life, every time it happens, I chalk it up to paranoia until it's been proven otherwise . . . really ridiculous and hard-headed when you think about it. ALSO--I love this series too. Great post :)

    Jessica @ Rabid Reads

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I found myself in similar situations few times too, but as you said, we push those feelings aside.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Whoa that is awesome you read the whole series is a week, those books are long!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I got addicted. I didn't go out whole week, I was like a crazy person.:)

      Izbriši
  8. Omg Glass! I love this series :) I listened to the whole series on audio within a couple of months last year. I'm so annoyed that Burned has been pushed back to 2015....Broke my heart lol

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Mine too, Janina. I can' t wait to see what happens with Dani.

      Izbriši
  9. I think I read the series in the same time span. I just loved (Barrons) it so much

    I definitely think this is a powerful quote because wow.. I agree with it but then again.. I can sometimes be highly irrational so I am not so quick to dismiss irrational things (plus.. if we're talking paranormal creatures.. I'd definitely not dismiss that idea).

    Thank you for sharing, Glass!! :)

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. And what about Dani? Are you in the "hate-her" team? Please, don't be! :)

      You're welcome.

      Izbriši
  10. I totally agree with you, Glass, this is the best UF series out there! I gobbled it up one right after the other, too, and felt very fortunate that the whole series (at the time) was out. I loved the ending of Shadowfever and I'd be fine if things were left there.

    As for this quote, who knows, I sometimes dream the strangest things! I have a lot of nightmares, I always have. So I wonder what I'm being warned about!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I wake up not remembering what I dreamed about. If I do remember, it's usually something quite upsetting.

      Izbriši
  11. I adore this series! Great quote - I cannot wait for the next book, Iced was good, but I wanted more Mac & Barrons - which we should have in the next one. yay :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I didn't expect is to be this good - I read after a long UF pause and I picked it up because of a friend. I'm glad I did.

      Izbriši
  12. Aw, it seems you girls love this series a lot and I, uh, haven't read it. *hides* Thank you for sharing the beautiful quote!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. *Gasps* ... What??? We will come there and find you and make you read it, Sarika.:)

      Izbriši
  13. Wow, that quote completely blew me away! I love urban fantasies and have been wanting to read this one forever, I have a few on my shelf but just haven't gotten there yet. Lovely quote of the week Glass!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. Girl are you up for a around the world trip to make all these lazy people read this awesomeness? ;D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. Love the quote! Wow, I'm so impressed you read these in a week, that gives me hope that I can catch up too! :-) Thanks for sharing!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...