29. tra 2015.

Waiting on Wednesday (#141)


You know the story. This is a meme created by Breaking the Spine and every week we pick books we're waiting for. Here are our picks for this week.

Glass' pick

Lola Carlyle is lonely, out of sorts, and in for a boring summer. So when her best friend, Sydney, calls to rave about her stay at a posh Malibu rehab and reveals that the love of Lola’s life, Wade Miller, is being admitted, she knows what she has to do.Never mind that her worst addiction is decaf cappuccino; Lola is going to rehab.

Lola arrives at Sunrise Rehab intent solely on finding Wade, saving him from himself, and—naturally—making him fall in love with her…only to discover she’s actually expected to be an addict. And get treatment. And talk about her issues with her parents, and with herself. Plus she has insane roommates, and an irritatingly attractive mentor, Adam, who’s determined to thwart her at every turn.

Oh, and Sydney? She’s gone.

Turns out, once her pride, her defenses, and her best friend are stripped away, Lola realizes she’s actually got a lot to overcome…if she can open her heart long enough to let it happen.

Expected publication: May 5th, 2015

Tanja's pick


Sixteen-year-old Lyric Walker’s life is forever changed when she witnesses the arrival of 30,000 Alpha, a five-nation race of ocean-dwelling warriors, on her beach in Coney Island. The world’s initial wonder and awe over the Alpha quickly turns ugly and paranoid and violent, and Lyric’s small town transforms into a military zone with humans on one side and Alpha on the other. When Lyric is recruited to help the crown prince, a boy named Fathom, assimilate, she begins to fall for him. But their love is a dangerous one, and there are forces on both sides working to keep them apart. Only, what if the Alpha are not actually the enemy? What if they are in fact humanity’s only hope of survival? Because the real enemy is coming. And it’s more terrifying than anything the world has ever seen.


Expected publication: May 5th, 2015

We'd love to see your picks so feel free to link them up.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 10:

  1. Undertow! It's almost here! I am very intrigued by that one. Lola Carlyle sounds good, too. Pretty cover! Great picks!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Glass: I got Lola Carlyle's via NetGalley, and the more I read the synopsis, the crazier it sounds. xD I hope we both end up enjoying this!

    Tanja: This sounds so fantastic! Ocean-dwelling warriors? Count me in. ;)

    Fantastic picks this week, girls!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Both these books look really interesting, especially Undertow! Great picks ladies :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. These ones both sounds good. I think Undertow is more my style, but I like to give contemporaries a try now and then.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. both sound like a great pick and hope you get to read it soon.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Both of these are new to me. I hope you both enjoy reading your picks this week.
    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Undertow was definitely different. I liked it but I had a few small quibbles. Definitely want more though. The other one is new to me, the cover is lovely.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I'm thinking about putting Undertow on my list, but I'm not fully ensnared yet.
    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...