2. tra 2015.

Fariest by Marissa Meyer

Buy the book at 
Author's 

Book summary:
In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.
Mirror, mirror on the wall,Who is the fairest of them all?
Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now.
Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series.
       You probably know about that saying that if you want to reveal someone's true character just give him power. Well, this book should be put somewhere together with that quote as it portrays it to the smallest detail.

       During the course of the previous three books in the Lunar Chronicles we got to meet Levana, our evil queen which we all want to destroy. But now with Fariest we get to hear her side of story, a quite different one. This is a story about little girl, who grew as not really royal character, which is how we all know her. It's a story about little girl who was always second, from the start, second child and then later second in everything love, respect and what not. So it's not a surprise that her only wish was to be on top, but as no one did that to her, she took all in her hands.

      First thing I want to mention as pro here is the writing. I have no idea what Marissa eats but you give me some of that. It's as always captivating and you're unable to stop once you start. What's more the story itself reveals in such manner that you get involved easily and you cannot wait to turn the page just so you could see what happens next. It's not only portrayal of Levana's character, but it tells you a lot about Luna.

     Only thing that stopped me from giving this book 5 stars is the fact that I couldn't connect with Levana. I do understand her and feel compassion, but I couldn't support her decisions. That gets us back to that saying from the start of my review, as I can hardly find excuses for cruelty. We all carry our burdens, but they are not reason for mass destruction. Or at least they will never be for me. That is until someone gives me some power and then we shall see.

       But I want to recommend you all to read this one before reading Winter, as this is also where her story starts.

Rating: 4 stars.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 12:

  1. I can't wait to dive into this one :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I really need to get caught back up on this series. I am so behind on so many of them I feel like I am drowning LOL!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I really need to try more books by this author. I really enjoyed Cinder!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. I couldn't get into Cinder at all when I started that but I'm still glad the series is going strong for som many others. Great review, Tanja! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I will definitely read this one before Winter! Glad you enjoyed the writing even if you couldn't totally connect with Levana and agree with her choices. Great review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I don't read retellings, I'm afraid, they just don't work for me. It's weird, and I've tried with so many, but they mostly end up annoying me. That's how it was with Cinder. I tried TWICE and it just didn't work. But I'm glad so many people are enjoying the series and I don't doubt that her writing is wonderful.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I love retellings, which is surprising that I have not read any oft these books, on the bright side... i do own most of them just need to find some time

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I LOVED FAIREST. I WANT WINTER NOW! :)

    Terri M., the Director
    Second Run Reviews

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I can only imagine how hard it must be to sympathize with her character since you know, she is kind of a huge asshole (AND SHE IS KEEPING MY SHIP APART). It's one of the reasons why I am kind of scared to read this book but I keep on being reassured that you aren't supposed to like her, only understand her and her actions and I figure I can deal with that :P

    I am glad you liked this one, Tanja!! :)

    Lovely review, hon <3

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I'm so excited to read this! I'm actual encouraged that you couldn't connect with and understand Lavana - I don't want to like her LOL! I've spent too long confirming that she's evil for a book to undermine that and me be happy! - but I am very curious about her past. So glad you enjoyed it!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. This is one series that practically ever person I know who has read it has absolutely loved it. I shall get to it someday. It's great to see that all the books have been consistently well done. Nice review, girl!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. I've been debating whether or not I would read Fairest when I got to it in the series. I've only read Cinder so far but when I heard Levana would be getting her own book, I was definitely intrigued. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Great review, Tanja :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...