30. ožu 2015.

Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2) by Sarah Fine

Buy the book at 
Author's 

Rating: 5 stars.

Book summary:
Galena Margolis, a brilliant scientist with a tragic past, is determined to fulfill her destiny and develop the vaccine that could save millions. Yet when Galena’s test subjects meet with foul play, it’s clear that someone is still determined to stop her, and that Galena herself is a target. As the Ferry empire forges a plan to keep her safe, Declan Ferry, the politics-hating black sheep of the family, steps forward to protect her—but the emotional cost may be more than either of them is willing to pay.
As unknown enemies close in, it becomes terrifyingly clear that they threaten to destroy not only Galena’s lifesaving work but also the very fabric of fate. As Galena and Declan race to uncover the traitor, they also forge a special bond that could save both Galena and those she’s sworn to help. Torn apart by the past and hunted by those she trusted, can Galena find room amidst her fears for a passion that could make her stronger than ever? And even if she and Declan can find their way together, will it be enough to keep the future from coming apart at the seams?


           Now I see what's this fuss all about. After reading Marked I must admit I was slightly disappointed as I expected more from Sarah. Luckily for me Claimed explained things to me and now I see why our friends love her so much. It had all elements I want in a UF book.

          Well, the thing is that often in books it happens that we get another narrator in the sequel and her/his story told while still connected with the main idea. It happened here in this one and it was a great move. After Marked and some issues I had with Cacy, Galena is all I could ask for. She is that typical girl which is still tormented by the past but standing on her feet and kicking. That's the girl I like to see in books, who yes had to endure some tragic moments in their lives, but at the end found a way to cop with it. Then you just have to add Declan in the mix and you got it.

          It's where I wanted to go with this book. It still kept that great idea and world-building which I liked int he first book, but now with great characters and even more realistic background story which was so easy to connect with. With all that the plot was nicely planned, and it kept me on edge all the time. It was really a page turner where you just had to read and see what happens next.

         My only wish for the next one is to keep in the same pace, as Aislynn really has potential to be a great leading character. But we shall wait till Fated.

Until the next time,

*NOTE: Copy of this book was kindly provided by the publisher via NetGalley. Thank you! All opinions are personal.

Broj komentara: 8:

  1. Yay! I am so happy to see your five stars because I adore this series!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. This sounds like an interesting series, which obviously I haven't read or even heard about. Anyway, it's great that it had all the elements you look for in an Urban Fantasy. I sure hope the series continues to enthrall you. Nice review!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I am glad that you are loving Sarah's work. I think this series is excellent, and I hope you try Sanctum soon.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. I'm deifnitely a fan of Sarah Fine's world but i just haven't given this series a shot yet. i'll (hopefully) fix thats soon!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. have been seeing this around a lot and sounds good

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I KNOW. I am so excited for Aislynn's book because *flails*albsdhaisdjlak
    I must stop.

    I haven't read Claimed yet (uhhhhh) but I hope to get around to reading it eventually!

    I am so glad to see that this book made you finally realize what the hype is about and I do hope that you go on to enjoy many of Sarah's other book! :D

    Lovely review, hon <3

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I'm so excited to read this, everyone seems to love it! Glad you liked this one better than Marked. Hope you enjoy Fated!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I'm glad you stuck with it and that it grew on you!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...