19. pro 2014.

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

Buy the book at 
Author's 

Book summary:
At twenty-two years old, Sydney has a great life: She's in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her best friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers Hunter's cheating on her--and she is left trying to decide what to do next.
Sydney becomes captivated by Ridge, her mysterious neighbor. She can't take her eyes off him or stop listening to the passionate way he plays his guitar every evening out on his balcony. And there's something about Sydney that Ridge can't ignore, either. When their inevitable encounter happens, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one...
          If you by any chance know me for some time and you just skimmed down and saw my name and rating for the book, yeah welcome back to the start. It's really me and no I wasn't kidnapped by aliens who washed my brain or something, and yes I did enjoy this book. Yup, I said that NA wasn't for me and of course I was wrong. Universe 10..00 - Tanja 0.

          So after my review for Ugly Love, where I oh-so-dramatically claim that I'll not read NA books "for sake of my well being" (yes I'm quoting myself, as I'm cool like that) it's time to say that CoHo did it again. After so many years and Slammed series I enjoyed this book and it surprised me a lot. It all started like something I thought will annoy the hell out of me. We do have a girl and a boy who go through some serious troubles and tough childhood they meet each other and it's how it all starts. BEWARE SPOILER! But just add some cheating (which I always said I hate) and love triangle and well you get this book in a nutshell. YOU CAN LOOK NOW! Add some amazing side characters and hot scenes here and there and VOILA. 

         But the thing is I loved it. I could find explanation for all of it (at least that emotional part of me could, we won't mention the rational one - it just died somewhere in process, which reminds me of my good ol' heart and mind struggle I tend to have) and what's more I could feel all of it. It was a slow building romance which grew on me with every page of the book. I just had to turn page after page and smile, cry and yell with them.

          So yes, I'll just put this on my guilty.. you know what I won't. We only live once and heck I liked this book. Live with it brain!

Rating: 4 stars.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 17:

  1. Okay I know if you loved this with you not liking NA than it is a MUST for me.
    Wonderful review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. There are certain Nas that aren't just na but just a good book

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I'm not always a big fan of NA, but I might try this one if it comes recommended by another not-so-lucky-with-NA reader like you.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. arghhh I really need to try one book by this author, everyone is loving her.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I haven't read anything by Colleen Hoover mainly because her books are NA and I am 1) arguably still too young to read NA and 2) have heard not so positive things about the NA genre but of course, there are always gems in every genre, so I will definitely be keeping this one in mind.

    Fantastic review, Tanja! <33

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Hahaha! If book blogging has taught me one thing over the years, it's that I should never say never in a post because it's most likely going to come back and bite me in the butt for all of my followers to see. New Adult strikes again!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I love when I've sworn off a genre and it pleasantly surprises me! Glad to hear you enjoyed this so much in spite of it being NA. :D Lol at "Live with it brain!" I agree, embrace what you enjoy, don't question it too much. Lovely review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Hmmmm. Cheating. That is a deal breaker for me Tanja! That being said though, it depends on how the cheating happens (it's worse for me when a hero or heroine cheats on their love interest rather than WITH their love interest, don't ask me why). Sounds like the latter might be the case here which will work fine for me:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Doesn't it feel almost wrong to like this book? I LOVED Hopeless and The Slammed Series by COHO. I wasn't the biggest fan of Ugly Love but I made do. On the other hand this book had be crying like a baby. I don't like cheating in general but i'm not one of those people that go into a book completely hating it because of it's subject matter. That's just not me. I actually ended up getting really emotional while reading this one. I hated the cheating part and was so angry at the characters at time but I didn't HATE them or anything like that. If anything, I hated the way they acted. Lovely review Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I don't usually have much urge to read NA contemporaries. But I have heard SO many good things about this author. So maybe... one day.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. "I could feel all of it. It was a slow building romance which grew on me with every page of the book. I just had to turn page after page and smile, cry and yell with them."

    So glad this brought out all the *feels* for you Tanja! I'm not a fan of cheating either, hard to read, but it sounds like this was done really well. I need to try this one from the author - it sounds like you were really won over : )

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. Colleen Hoover's books definitely make you think twice about NA because they are all freaking amazing, and even though this had cheating we still all loved i. Wonderful review, I hope you read her other books ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. Haha, love this review. I'm glad you enjoyed this book. I've done the same thing before, sworn I didn't like a genre and then ended loving a book from it!

    I still haven't read a Colleen Hoover book yet and I really need, I just can't decide where to start!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. Lol this isn't NA it is Colleen Hoover..big difference..LOL I adore her novels, and I am so ashamed to say I bought this on release day and still haven't read it, but did listen to Ugly Love which I freaking adored

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. This is the only CoHo book I haven't read yet, which is so surprising because I truly enjoy all of her books. This is definitely one I will be getting to soon and I am so glad to hear you enjoyed it. Great review!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. Oh my God! You actually liked this book? I DNF'd it at about 50% since it was way too slow for my taste and nothing seemed to be happening. Anyway, I'm glad it was worth it for you. Maybe someday, I may get back to the book. Fabulous review, girl!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. Haha I am glad you were able to like it! Sometimes you need to find the right book to introduce you to a genre. I have wanted to read a Colleen Hoover book for a long time. And it seems like this might be the one to start with, if it can change minds about NA!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...