Buy the book:
Published May 13th, 2014
My rating: 5 stars
"A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
Everyone needs to read We Were Liars. I usually end my reviews with "who should read this book" part, but I'll skip everything and tell you on the beginning that you do not want to miss this gem. My first E. Lockhart novel was unforgettable experience. I just hope that I won't be disappointed with her older books because I plan to read them all.
Four kids, complicated family and island. Did you read Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta? If your answer is yes, continue reading. If your answer is no, find the book and read it. Were you one of those readers who read all spoilers and ended up feeling left out of this whole hype surrounding the book? If you are, here is what you need to do --- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart should be read:
- In one sitting under your favorite blanket.
- Turn off your phone, go offline.
- Do not read reviews or comments.
- Do not ask people what they thought about it before you read it.
- Tell your boyfriend, husband, kids, friends and siblings to leave you alone.
- You might need coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Preferably, all three.
- Make sure you have some paper and pen at hand, you'll need it.
- If you read it during workdays, take the next day off - you'll need some alone time after you finish it.
***Copy of the book provided by publisher, Delacorte Press, via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.***
*Book read during Bout of Books read-a-thon.*