9. sij 2013.

Waiting on Wednesday (#26)


Hello. As you all know Waiting on Wednesday is a meme created by Breaking the Spine where every week we post about which books we can't wait to read. Here is what we have for you this week.

Glass' pick


Olive Bell has spent her entire life in the beautiful suburb of Vista Valley, with a picture-perfect home, a loving family, and a seemingly perfect boyfriend. But after a near-fatal car accident, she’s haunted by a broken heart and a melody that she cannot place. Then Olive meets Nick. He’s dark, handsome, mysterious . . . and Olive feels connected to him in a way she can’t explain. Is there such a thing as fate? The two embark on a whirlwind romance—until Nick makes a troubling confession. Heartbroken, Olive pieces together what really happened the night of her accident and arrives at a startling revelation. Only by facing the truth can she uncover the mystery behind the song and the power of what it means to love someone.




Expected publication: May 2nd, 2013

Tanja's pick


Dawn of Eden by Julie Kagawa

Before The Immortal Rules, there was the Red Lung, a relentless virus determined to take out all in its path. For Kylie, the miracle of her survival is also her burden—as a doctor at one of the clinics for the infected, she is forced to witness endless suffering. What’s worse, strange things are happening to the remains of the dead, and by the time she befriends Ben Archer, she’s beginning to wonder if a global pandemic is the least of her problems...

Thistle & Thorne by Ann Aguirre

After a catastrophic spill turns the country into a vast chemical wasteland, those who could afford it retreated to fortresses, self-contained communities run by powerful corporations. But for Mari Thistle, life on the outside—in the Red Zone—is a constant struggle. To protect her family, Mari teams up with the mysterious Thorne Goodman. Together, they’ll face an evil plot in both the underworld of the Red Zone and the society inside the fortresses that could destroy those on the outside... for good.

Sun Storm by Karen Duvall

Sarah Daggot has been chasing storms since she was a child. But after the biggest solar flares in history nearly destroy the planet, she becomes a Kinetic, endowed by her exposure to extreme radiation with the power to sense coming storms—in the cosmos and beyond. And she’s not the only one. Sarah believes the Kinetics are destined to join forces and halt the final onslaught of the sun. She’ll vow to keep trying to convince the one missing link in their chain of defense, the enigmatic Ian Matthews, up until the world ends


Expected publication: January 29th, 2013

We'd love to see your picks so feel free to link them up in comments.

Until the next time,
 & 

22 komentara:

  1. Oh some great picks ladies! I can't wait to get my hands on Til' the World Ends I so need this novella from Kagawa to fill the void left my The Immortal Rules! Also Our Song another brilliant find Glass, I;ll be adding it to the tbr! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I can't wait for Till the World Ends as well. I'll read anything that Kagawa has written!

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Till The World Ends is so exciting for me because I love those authors and Our Song is titles after a Taylor Swift songs which puts it immediately on my TBR list :)

    My WOW this week

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Thanks ladies :) I hope we'll get Til' the World Ends soon :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Nice picks! I really want to read 'Til the World Ends, too :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. These are really good picks. Til' the World Ends sounds great.


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. For my part, I'm looking forward to 'Til the World Ends. I've liked books by Aguirre and Kagawa. Never heard of Duvall, but hopefully her story will be good too!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Ooh these sound good. I'm particularly intrigued by Dawn of Eden.

    new follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-29.html

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Oooo yes to both! I adored Til The World Ends, particularly Julie Kagawa's and Ann Aguirre's contributions - SO GOOD. I hadn't heard of Our Song before, but after that synopsis it's going on the list for sure!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Shane, welcome! :)

    Thank you, ladies!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. Oh my gosh, Our Song looks SO GOOD! Seriously, I just added it to my TBR list. Thanks so much for sharing! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. Both of these long incredible and I hadn't heard of either of them. Thanks for bringing them to my attention.

    Also, thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. I'm reading my eARC of 'Til The World Ends right now and just finished the second story - both were really great and I hope you can get the book soon when it comes out! I've never heard of Our Song before, but the memory loss aspect sounds intresting :)
    Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. Thank you for stopping by :)

    And I'm happy to hear that 'Til the World Ends is good :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. I've never heard of Our Song before but it sounds good. I´ve read and liked the first two stories of ´Till the World Ends.

    Here is My WOW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. Great pick, girls! I look forward to both he books and I can't wait to hear your thoughts on them. :)

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier.

    Happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. Super excited for Til' The World ends. Loving anthologies right now! Thanks for stopping by!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  18. Til the world ends looks amazing love the cover!! Two great picks :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  19. I hadn't heard of Our Song before but it sounds really good and like something I might enjoy. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...