7. ruj 2013.

Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike


Buy the book:
Author's:
 My rating: 4 stars

Book summary:

Eighteen-year-old Tavia is the only survivor of a plane crash that killed her parents. Grieving and lonely, she starts having strange visions; of a boy she's never met but feels compulsively drawn to. A boy who tells her to do things she never dreamed of.

Tavia begins to suspect that secrets are being kept from her, and that her kindly aunt and uncle know more than they are letting on. Was the plane crash really an accident? Or is Tavia part of something bigger than she ever imagined?

With only her instincts and long-time crush, Benson, to rely on, Tavia must decide where her destiny lies, and who with.


Ghost Whisper meets  Wings meets Fringe

     Did you read Wings series by Aprilynne Pike? You did? Than you know exactly what to expect. This author is well known for creating beautiful, magical world that will make you feel like a kid who is discovering worlds of faery tales all over again.

     Unlike her heroine from Wings series, Tavia is a little bit older - eighteen. I'm guessing that author tried to "escape" image that follows her writing - it seems that general impression among readers is that her books are more appropriate for younger readers. Partly, she managed to to that, but there is still this "feeling of innocence", for the lack of better words. That is not bad thing, quite opposed, it's one of the reasons why I love Aprilynne Pike novels.

     Best way to describe Earthbound would be Ghost Whisperer meets Wings meets Fringe. Best from all three in one package. I have to admit that somewhere around middle of novel I had my doubts about plot and characters, but I'll give you one advice. Keep reading and everything will come to its place.

    So, why did I give it 4 stars? Love story. I liked chemistry between Tavia and Benson - especially that scene in the library, but I still felt like something was missing. And that ending? I thought this supposed to be standalone novel. And now I have to wait to see what will happen next. And I so don't like Logan. Aprilynne, you better make things right.:)

     Should you read this book? If you like true young adult paranormal romance, as soon as you can!

Until next time,
***Note! Copy of this book was provided in exchange for honest review by publisher, Harper Collins Children's Books, via NetGalley. We review books for free, as lovers of written word.***

Broj komentara: 30:

  1. I haven't read this one yet but I am glad that it did pick up for you towards the end and made it worth the read.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. It did, thank you God. I thought that it would be around 2 or 3 stars, but I turned out to be great book.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I've haven't much luck with her previous books, and since you said this one is for PNR fans I don't think I'll be trying it. Glad you enjoyed it, though. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. If you didn't like her other books, you probably wouldn't like this pone too.:(

      Izbriši
  4. Well, I have definitely heard about this one before
    It looks like a good book indeed
    Your reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I really enjoyed reading it and I hope you'll like it too.

      Izbriši
  5. I think one of the reasons that Wings didn't entirely work for me was because of that younger feel. However I do like the sound of this book and it's good to see that you enjoyed it. Lovely review, Glass!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I think that is main problem with her books and that's why there are so much mixed reviews. Honestly, I don't find that like such a bad thing. There are so many YA books which I'd never let my kid read, but I can imagine myself as 12 or 13 year old girl fangirling over this them.

      Izbriši
  6. I do like a good love story, I'm a sucker for romance. I haven't read Wings yet but I own it and I will trying reading it to see if I like her writing style before I give this one a chance. Great review! :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I haven't read anything by this author before, though I've heard a lot about her. I love the sound of the writing in this, so I have a feeling I might enjoy it. I'm so glad you did. Great review, Glass!(:

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I haven't read Pike's Wings series, but I read ... crap, I forgot the title. Anyway, I read a different book by her and really enjoyed it. This sounds like a good one too. Great review.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. You mean Life After Theft? I still haven't read that one, but I'm planning to.

      Izbriši
  9. Than you should probably skip it. Thank you, Aman.:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Great review and what a lovely cover! It's eye-catching. :)

    Sarah @ Kitties Like Books Too

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. Even though something felt like it was missing to you, I'm glad you liked it! I haven't read Wings but I read Pike's Life after Theft and I LOVED it, so I grabbed a copy of Earthbound and I'm hoping to start it soon. Great review :DD

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you, Becca. I'll be waiting your review - I still haven't read that one.

      Izbriši
  12. I read the first two in the Wings series and I know what you mean about it feeling younger. I'm definitely curious about this one though so I'm going to watch for it at the library.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. If you liked Wings, you'll probably like this one too.

      Izbriši
  13. I love the Ghost Whisper and while I haven't read Wings you do have me curious, so glad you liked it!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. Wonderful review, Glass! I enjoyed the first few books of the Wings series. I have the last book I just haven't got around to reading it yet. Her characters do have an innocent/young quality to them, but as you said, there's nothing wrong with that. I'll have to check this one out. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you, Rachel. I didn't read last one too. Hmmm, buddy read?:)

      Izbriši
  15. I did not read Wings series, I did not. But it does sound very good. I'm glad you enjoyed this one, Glass. Nice review!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. I just saw this review on Goodreads. Thank you very much because you convinced me to read this book. For a long time I was a big big fan of Wings. I just wonder where are you from because I woudn't notice your review if it didn't have a link in my native language.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. I just saw this review on Goodreads. Thank you very much because you convinced me to read this book. For a long time I was a big big fan of Wings. I just wonder where are you from because I woudn't notice your review if it didn't have a link in my native language.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...