8. lis 2012.

Silver by Talia Vance


Buy the book at  Amazon

Author's 

Book summary: 


"As I step into the room, a silver flash blurs my vision. Before I can take a breath, the world falls away."

Brianna has always felt invisible. People stare right past her, including the one boy she can't resist, Blake Williams. But everything changes at a house party where Brianna's charm bracelet slips off and time stands still. In that one frozen, silver moment, Blake not only sees her, he recognizes something deep inside her she's been hiding even from herself.
Discovering she is descended from Danu, the legendary Bandia of Celtic myth, Brianna finds herself questioning the truth of who she is. And when she accidentally binds her soul to Blake, their mutual attraction becomes undeniable.
But Blake has his own secret, one that could prove deadly for them both.
Bound together by forbidden magic, Brianna and Blake find themselves at the heart of an ancient feud that threatens to destroy their lives and their love.


            You know the feeling when you're reading a book and you know that something doesn't fit and you dunno what. That feeling I had whilst reading this book. I couldn't feel any emotion and there was just bunch of words that made up a story.

            Let me tell you more about the book. Brianna is another high school girl living high school life. She is not pretty or at least she think so and most of the time she feels invisible or in shadow of her best friend Haley, who is pretty and has all the boys. There is another girl Christy which will make them best friends. Story starts at the party where as always they're looking at the boys they have crush on which leads us to Blake. Brie has a crush on him for a long time and even though they had met few times he never paid much attention to her. Up until on the party totally by accident Brie's bracelet slips off revealing real Brie. Soon enough she learns about the whole world and magic history that lays in her heritage.

           The whole concept of this story wasn't bad, but few things weren't so interesting for me. First of Brie, oh she is so typical that it become annoying. All that push and pull with boys and magic were too much for my taste. Then there were feelings. I couldn't feel anything, love, anger, happiness, craziness...nothing, absolutely nothing. So maybe some people will like this story, especially younger readers, but me...I'm getting too old for all this drama.

          Actual rating is 2.5 stars but it's three in my rating system. I should also apologize for not reviewing this book earlier and I'm sorry.


Until the next time,
***NOTE: Copy of this book was kindly provided by publisher, Flux Books, via NetGalley. Thank you. 
I'm not paid for writing a review - I do it as a lover of written word. All opinions in this review are personal.

Broj komentara: 6:

  1. Ah! I feel that at times too. I'm just reading for the sake of reading without bothering to comprehend anything! Great review. :) It's funny you couldn't feel anything while reading. But it happens I guess!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I was distracted and I couldn't focus. But yeah it happens. Thanks for stopping by :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I thought it was going to be less than 3 stars. I guess I could read it eventualy than.
    Great review!

    Anatea @ Anatea's Bookshelf

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. It's 2.5 but I don't have half-stars. Maybe you'll like it more than me. :)
    Thanks.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Uh oh. I hope I don't feel the same way, especially as I recently just bought a copy. ;) Thanks for the helpful review, though. I'll be sure to keep your points in mind.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I know and I hope you'll like it more than I did. :) You're welcome :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...